GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   finding your letters somewhere you didn't expect (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=21716)

alphaiota 02-26-2005 07:48 AM

i live in a pretty small town so i see a lot of the same cars and recently i saw a girl driving with a theta phi alpha sticker in her back window. it was right above a shawnee state sticker. anyone familiar with this chapter?

shelley j
sigma k

KatieKate1244 02-26-2005 11:27 AM

My older sister goes to Shawnee State. I believe there's a local fraternity (maybe two) and there was a local sorority, but I think she told me it recently joined an NPC. Not 100% sure, though.

radioZTA 02-26-2005 11:37 PM

Today a very sweet young lady wearing an Alpha Sigma Alpha shirt bought some Girl Scout cookies from my daughter. As she walked away, I sawing her looking at the ZTA sticker on my car.

Sister Havana 02-27-2005 07:45 PM

I was in the H & M store on Michigan Ave this afternoon when I saw a guy in an APO sweatshirt!!! Of course I had to ask what chapter he was from...turns out he was a brother from Sigma Sigma (UIC) and he had 3 pledges with him. (They had just come back from a service project downtown) We had a nice chat. I love meeting Brothers in random places! :D

honeychile 03-07-2005 11:15 PM

Saw a lot of greek shirts while traveling this weekend: Zeta Tau Alpha, Gamma Phi Beta, Delta Tau Delta & Theta Chi at the Pittsburgh Airport; both SAE & KA Order were having formals/winter weekends at the hotel I was at; heard some of the dates chanting "something Delta something" a lot during a water balloon fight :rolleyes: and saw a few ADPi's near Vanderbilt. Oh, our waiter was a Sigma Chi (at the one place).

Today, no one!

WMUBronco997 03-07-2005 11:55 PM

I was in Chicago having an breakfast at the hotel with my family and I saw a guy wearing a Pi Phi shirt, and I figure the girl he was with was a Pi Phi. So I talked to them and she was wearing a little sweatshirt and he was wearing pants and t-shirt so it kind of funny. He was a simga something. it was neat talking to them and really the first time I had seen my letters out side of my house.

navane 03-08-2005 01:13 AM

The other day, I was driving past a local high school just as the kids were on their way to classes. I saw a high school girl wearing a Delta Sigma Phi sweatshirt. Perhaps she's dating, or is the sister of, someone in Stan's chapter?

Also, I didn't see letters, but it definitely wasn't something I expected! I moved out of my home 10 years ago, but my father is just now getting around to doing something with my old bedroom. He recently told me that he was going to convert it into an office. He excitedly told me all about how he had repainted the room. Imagine my surprise when I went around to look......and saw that he had painted it in brown and mode! For those of you not in the know, those are Gamma Phi Beta's colors! My dad certainly had no idea and it seems fitting that my old bedroom is now in Gamma Phi colors. :)

.....Kelly :)

erica812 03-08-2005 01:19 PM

One of the boxers on the premier of "The Contender" last night was wearing an "SAE" shirt.
:)

Erica

jennie3576 03-09-2005 05:23 PM

saw some ASTs in the audience of the price is right a couple of years ago....don't know if any of the girls got called up - left for class :)

ShaedyKD 03-09-2005 06:29 PM

Today I saw a lady wearing an AKA windbreaker at lunch. I was wearing my KD windbreaker too, because it was raining.

ZetaGirl22 03-10-2005 10:22 PM

these are not my letters, but here goes anyway.....

my boyfriend really loves the show "overhaulin" on tlc. for those of you who are not familiar with the show, what they do is kidnap someone's car (usually a classic that is in DESPERATE need of TLC, kinda like a grown up version of mtv's pimp my ride) and they play a practical joke on them for a whole week while the person's car is getting overhauled. at the end of the week, they have the person come to where the car is and they surprise the targets with their car.

well this week, they kidnapped 2 college roommates cars (think 2 cars) and the cover was that a fraternity had come over, tp'd the house where these 2 girls were living and stole their cars. the cast the rest of the week posed as us border patrol telling the girls they'd found the cars stripped in tijuana. anyway, the cast tp'd the girls house and left these huge signs on the lawn saying "thanks for pledging alpha chi omega (w/letter, of course) the girls weren't even in alpha chi! and when the "police" came to the house, they were like, tell me what you know about alpha "chee" omega!!!!!!! it was hysterical. i'm guessing the female host of the show may have been an alpha chi

PhoenixAzul 03-10-2005 11:13 PM

I saw the *cutest* guy in Meijer a few days ago....then I noticed that he was wearing a Phi Kappa Tau badge and tie! So I went up and talked to him (which I wouldn't do normally, but hell ,l I was wearing letters and looking kinda nice) and told him that my brother was a Phi Tau and blah blah blah...he was so cute I don't remember what chapter he was from! Could have been miami of oh, or OU, or OSU....whatever, not important. Good job, Phi Taus, wherever you are.

ihearttrisigma 03-13-2005 06:29 PM

I saw a Villanova Tri Delta today at the King of Prussia mall in COACH. It looked like it was a new member/bid day shirt!

Xylochick216 03-13-2005 07:36 PM

On some random TV show on TLC (one where they steal your car and make it over), these girls had a yard full of Alpha Chi Omega signs. I was just channel surfing and found it. I didn't get the whole story, but I was just amazed to find it on TV. The host pronounced Chi as in "chee" though :rolleyes:

EagleChick19 03-13-2005 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ihearttrisigma
I saw a Villanova Tri Delta today at the King of Prussia mall in COACH. It looked like it was a new member/bid day shirt!

I was there today too. I saw the girl with the Tri-Delta shirt on, though she was walking when I saw her.

I also saw an ASA when I was in J. Crew with my mom, bro, and friend.

KOP is great! :)