GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   10/13/11 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=122457)

MSKKG 10-13-2011 08:57 AM

10/13/11

Happy Founders Day to all my GC sisters! Here's to another 141 years!

KillarneyRose 10-13-2011 09:16 AM

Sorry to crash, just wanted to wish all you awesome Kappas a happy Founders' Day!

ISUKappa 10-13-2011 09:38 AM

Happy Founders Day Kappa sisters!! I wish I could attend Founders Day dinner at the nearest chapter, but it's not in the cards this year. I'm not dressed in badge attire, but I do think I'll wear the vintage bracelet I have while I'm out and about today.

OleMissGlitter 10-13-2011 09:45 AM

Happy Founders' Day KKG!

XAntoftheSkyX 10-13-2011 09:48 AM

I posted it in the Random thread, but Happy Founder's Day to KKG and DX!

AZTheta 10-13-2011 10:01 AM

When I was in my pledge period (that is what it was called, and it lasted until we made our grades and were eligible to be initiated), I remember being taught about the "friendly rivals" of Kappa Alpha Theta, and we memorized the date of your founding. I don't see that information in current new member education materials but I won't ever forget it. And so - I wish all Kappas everywhere a very Happy Founders' Day!

Kappamd 10-13-2011 10:33 AM

I actually got to wear real people clothes today instead of scrubs, so I am rocking my golden key! Happy Founder's Day ladies!

amIblue? 10-13-2011 10:37 AM

Happy Founders Day to all of my Kappa sisters!

amIblue? 10-13-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTheta (Post 2099615)
When I was in my pledge period (that is what it was called, and it lasted until we made our grades and were eligible to be initiated), I remember being taught about the "friendly rivals" of Kappa Alpha Theta, and we memorized the date of your founding. I don't see that information in current new member education materials but I won't ever forget it. And so - I wish all Kappas everywhere a very Happy Founders' Day!

I love this concept. I remember being taught that we had special relationships with Theta and Pi Phi. :)

I do want to ask what were the sororities who weren't Theta's "friendly rivals" called? (I assume probably nothing, but I'm trying to think of some kind of funny phrase, and my brain is numb this morning.)

AZTheta 10-13-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amIblue? (Post 2099635)
I love this concept. I remember being taught that we had special relationships with Theta and Pi Phi. :)

I do want to ask what were the sororities who weren't Theta's "friendly rivals" called? (I assume probably nothing, but I'm trying to think of some kind of funny phrase, and my brain is numb this morning.)

Nothing, to the best of my recollections. I only remember that information about Kappa (and something about Pi Phi); however, we also had to memorize all 26 NPC sororities and their founding dates. I am amazed at how much memorization we did back then. Confession: I cannot recite the Greek Alphabet forwards or backwards. Simply can't. The first four letters & last four letters - yes - and "zeta eta theta" - the rest is a blur!

MysticCat 10-13-2011 11:35 AM

Happy Founders' Day to the ladies of ΚΚΓ!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTheta (Post 2099638)
Confession: I cannot recite the Greek Alphabet forwards or backwards. Simply can't. The first four letters & last four letters - yes - and "zeta eta theta" - the rest is a blur!

Confession: As I also date back to an older time, I can still recite it at least 5 times before a match burns. Yeah, a useful skill.

Mevara 10-13-2011 11:46 AM

Happy founders' day to all my Kappa sisters!!

carnation 10-13-2011 12:02 PM

Monmouth Love to all of you!

amIblue? 10-13-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticCat (Post 2099652)
Happy Founders' Day to the ladies of ΚΚΓ!

Confession: As I also date back to an older time, I can still recite it at least 5 times before a match burns. Yeah, a useful skill.

I know my Greek alphabet, but 5 times before a match burns, I couldn't do.

I find that Greek letters come in super handy for playing the Words with Friends app. Esp. Zeta, Mu, Nu, Pi, Rho, Tau, and Xi. :)

Gatorgirl729 10-13-2011 04:49 PM

Yay! So many exciting things within two weeks! Founders day, and I become initiated next weekend! I honestly cannot wait to officially become a sister <3