GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Kappa Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Fate? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=133576)

naturalbeauty 04-13-2013 09:41 PM

Fate?

I’ve had this question on my find for a few days now and wanted some different opinions on the situation. People always say “what is meant to be will be” or “What is for you cannot be not for you” (or something like that). With that being said, how do you determine that it is not in the cards for you to be a member of XYZ organization? Just curious. :confused:

greekdee 04-14-2013 05:54 PM

Never mind...I am losing my mind and thought you were asking about something else. Hopefully you will get some insight here!

WhiteRose1912 04-14-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekdee (Post 2212766)
If you're talking sorority/fraternity membership, the first and only clue some people need is to not receive a bid. That is their indicator that it "isn't meant to be" and they move on to find an organization that IS right for them. This usually proves to be the wise choice, especially at schools where recruitment is competitive and re-rushing is usually not successful.

Judging by where she posted the question, she's probably talking about membership in AKA.

greekdee 04-14-2013 07:10 PM

Holy Smokes! That is the second time in a week or so that I've done this -- missed the name of the forum they were asking in. I need a vacation.

ree-Xi 04-14-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturalbeauty (Post 2212669)
I’ve had this question on my find for a few days now and wanted some different opinions on the situation. People always say “what is meant to be will be” or “What is for you cannot be not for you” (or something like that). With that being said, how do you determine that it is not in the cards for you to be a member of XYZ organization? Just curious. :confused:

Sorry, I'm curious. What does that mean??

adpiucf 04-14-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

With that being said, how do you determine that it is not in the cards for you to be a member of XYZ organization? Just curious. :confused:

When you're not invited to join after going through official rush activities for that organization.

What is meant to be will be simply means that you can't control the outcome of where life takes you. Give things a try, and move on when they don't work out. If you aren't invited to the sorority, find another way to make a meaningful contribution of your time with another student organization.

Gamma Xi Phi 04-14-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

If you are referring to membership in an NPHC organization (I am a member of one; so are several of our national board members), you will likely encounter many men and women who have one or more letters of rejection under their belt before they made it in.

Find a member who takes an interest in your interest. Have these conversations with her.