GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sigma Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Any Fundraising Ideas? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=95509)

EAbulldawg 04-16-2008 01:02 PM

Any Fundraising Ideas?

Hey ladies!

I just recently signed up for this, but sadly it doesn't look like this thread ever really gets used. Maybe i'll get lucky though!

I am a fellow SAer from UGA and just got elected fundraising chair for next year. I really could use some ideas to go ahead and get working on over the summer!

Or if anyone just wants to chat and get to know another SAer lemme know! :)

fisherman25 05-13-2008 11:03 AM

What about a candle fundraiser? Recently ran across a website www.sarahsgourmetcandles.com. Looks like they had a lot to offer with a high profit per sale. I had to click on a page. This brought up a listing to the right of more pages including a fundraiser page. Hope this helps.

AmyO 10-01-2008 12:22 PM

What about a Coffee Fundraiser?

Specialty Coffee and beverages are an exploding market nationwide that practically sells itself. Java Joe's Roasting Co., is an upstate New York based coffee roaster specializing in fundraising. Organizations realize a profit of $2.50 or more per bag sold. There is no minimum to order and customization is free. This fundraising program is equitable and offers your supporters a high-quality, practical product that is perfect for every day use. Good luck! I hope I was able to help.

DS_Castro 10-01-2008 11:12 PM

In my fraternity, I am trying to organize a sports event with the other fraternity. We will be having a sport like soccer, flag football, or even tennis. Players pay like $10-15 to play. It's free for the field, and we already have a ball. We advertise BBQ at the sport though.

We have a really small school, so we expect only like 30 or so people to show up. That is $300. We give people 2(red) tickets and 1 yellow. 2 red are for the hotdogs, yellow is for a drink. two hot dogs and a drink cost roughly 1.50$. So that is $45. That is profit of $255. The two fraternities split it, and we have a small fundraiser. The more people that show up, the more money you get. If you think you can handle it all by yourself, you don't even need to team up with another greek.

Jazzydee 10-14-2008 03:54 AM

For additional fundraiser ideas, check out the USAFundraising.com site, they have a number of ideas. As a fundraiser coordinator, I am launching a unique fundraiser that cost 10.00 and generates monies each month. If anyone is interested in finding out about it, just drop me a line as I am gathering research on how receptive groups are going to be and before I just go all out, I want to find out if anyone else thinks that it is a good idea. If anyone has time to share a couple of emails, I would appreciate it. Thanks In Advance.