GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What do you feel like saying, right now? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=77510)

agzg 12-03-2009 09:49 PM

The MOOSE, UH HUH, the MOOSE!

Kappamd 12-03-2009 09:50 PM

Lol, I've been singing that commercial all day. And the little girl screaming cracks me up every time.

DrPhil 12-03-2009 09:53 PM

If you announce it...folks may comment on it.

RU OX Alum 12-03-2009 10:43 PM

going off my meds was good but it has been a rough week. sleep is different now. I hope I am still able to have pregnancy prediction dreams.

tld221 12-03-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kappamd (Post 1872287)
I love the Gap holiday commercials.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki1920 (Post 1872291)
arent these boots so cute? lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by agzg (Post 1872296)
The MOOSE, UH HUH, the MOOSE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kappamd (Post 1872297)
Lol, I've been singing that commercial all day. And the little girl screaming cracks me up every time.

i. effin. hate. those. commercials. ugh. stab. stab. stab.

sceniczip 12-03-2009 11:07 PM

So I totally got a 1 on one section of my paper but a 3 on everything else for a 47/50. Awesome! :D I have a 93.85 in the class right now and still waiting on one other paper grade.

aephi alum 12-03-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221 (Post 1872198)
yeah Manhattan... and the Bronx... and White Plains...etc. they couldve tried to fly into White Plains, or some other point north.

Or perhaps that was the only flight they could get, into Newark, depending on where they are coming from.

why dont they take Metronorth up to you? Unless that would take as much time/money as renting a car.

They're coming from Chicago. There are a bunch of ORD-HPN direct flights (we fly out of HPN when we visit them). But Munchkin nailed it - apparently ORD->EWR, and LGA->ORD for the return, was the cheapest itinerary they could get.

If they went the public transportation route, first they'd have to get to Metro-North. Hmm, NJ Transit to Penn Station, 1/2/3 to Times Square, shuttle to GCT, then a one-hour MNR ride, all with luggage in tow... blecch. She travels for work, so she has earned a bunch of free rentals from Hertz, so at least they won't have to pay for the rental car - but it's still a hell of a drive. They would have been much better off coming in to LGA.

Oh well, it's their choice. We'll chill the champagne just in case they do arrive in time for the ball drop. (And if they don't... more champagne for us. hehehe)

tld221 12-03-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aephi alum (Post 1872326)
They're coming from Chicago. There are a bunch of ORD-HPN direct flights (we fly out of HPN when we visit them). But Munchkin nailed it - apparently ORD->EWR, and LGA->ORD for the return, was the cheapest itinerary they could get.

If they went the public transportation route, first they'd have to get to Metro-North. Hmm, NJ Transit to Penn Station, 1/2/3 to Times Square, shuttle to GCT, then a one-hour MNR ride, all with luggage in tow... blecch. She travels for work, so she has earned a bunch of free rentals from Hertz, so at least they won't have to pay for the rental car - but it's still a hell of a drive. They would have been much better off coming in to LGA.

Oh well, it's their choice. We'll chill the champagne just in case they do arrive in time for the ball drop. (And if they don't... more champagne for us. hehehe)

yeah, i thought about that after i posted. its a lot of transferring and such. the ride shouldnt be too bad actually. theyll be comfortable in the car.

PrettyBoy 12-04-2009 04:09 AM

I'm too curious about this weekend.:D My fraternity brother found another date on the net. He said this one seems cool and looks pretty good. I asked him did he see a full photo of her from head to toe this time. He said he just saw her face, but he asked her to describe herself. She told him that she was big boned but not fat. I told him, well you know what that means.:rolleyes: I've always known him to like thick women, plus he said he likes thick women, but I still have a bad feeling about this one. He asked me if we could double up this weekend because just incase it doesn't work out, he won't feel as uncomfortable. He said we can all eat and talk as a group if he doesn't like her. I laughed, but I told him it shouldn't be a problem. Saturday, he said he wants to do dinner and a movie and maybe go to a lounge if she's cool. I was cool with that.

All I have to say is this. If I see that he's not happy, and if I get up mid-movie and leave for a minute, I'm not going to the concession stand, and I'm not going to the bathroom, it just means than I'm in the lobby doing this...http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

christiangirl 12-04-2009 04:22 AM

Here we go again with my nightly dilemma. I'm ready to go to bed, but I'm too hungry to fall asleep. But I don't want to eat and then fall asleep right after. Ugh.

dreamseeker 12-04-2009 05:14 AM

hope is the thing with feathers...

ThetaDancer 12-04-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christiangirl (Post 1872379)
Here we go again with my nightly dilemma. I'm ready to go to bed, but I'm too hungry to fall asleep. But I don't want to eat and then fall asleep right after. Ugh.

You could try caffeine-free tea! It works for me when I'm in that position.

agzg 12-04-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThetaDancer (Post 1872392)
You could try caffeine-free tea! It works for me when I'm in that position.

Or Chamomile tea works for me. :)

knight_shadow 12-04-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agzg (Post 1872399)
Or Chamomile tea works for me. :)

Pork chops work for me.

But I'm a glutton :o

nikki1920 12-04-2009 10:02 AM

Why am I anxious to see how PB's double date turns out?!! :rofl: