GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   2015 Purdue University Sorority Recruitment starts this weekend! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=153979)

cinder1965 08-27-2015 09:40 PM

2015 Purdue University Sorority Recruitment starts this weekend!

Purdue University formal recruitment starts tomorrow!

A total of 974 PNMs have registered for recruitment; which I believe is an increase from last year.

Here are the rounds:

Aug 28 & 29 Open House: Visit all 17 sororities
Aug 30 First Invitational: Visit a maximum of 13 sororities
Sept 5 Second Invitational: Visit a maximum of 8 sororities.
Sept 6 Preference: Visit a maximum of 3 sororities.
Sept 7 Bid Night!

Interesting tidbit: Gamma Chis are not disaffiliating from their chapters for the first time this year. The Gamma Chis told the PNMs what house they belong to when they met their PNMs.

Does anyone else know of this being done at other universities and why?

Cheerio 08-27-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinder1965 (Post 2329098)
Purdue University formal recruitment starts tomorrow!

A total of 974 PNMs have registered for recruitment; which I believe is an increase from last year.

Here are the rounds:

Aug 28 & 29 Open House: Visit all 17 sororities
Aug 30 First Invitational: Visit a maximum of 13 sororities
Sept 5 Second Invitational: Visit a maximum of 8 sororities.
Sept 6 Preference: Visit a maximum of 3 sororities.
Sept 7 Bid Night!

Interesting tidbit: Gamma Chis are not disaffiliating from their chapters for the first time this year. The Gamma Chis told the PNMs what house they belong to when they met their PNMs.

What an interesting idea, on an interesting campus.

Katmandu 08-27-2015 10:45 PM

I love hearing @ Midwestern recruitment! Anyone have rec girls to follow?

Eta: must not have read my last issue of The Angelos, where it said KD is colonizing this fall at Purdue!

cinder1965 08-27-2015 11:09 PM

I have a rec girl I am following at Purdue......but don't know how much info I will get. :)

We are pretty low key in the Midwest and at Purdue. LOL

Yes! Best of luck to KD in colonizing this year!!!!

APhiLife 08-27-2015 11:16 PM

I have always loved the Greek system at Purdue. When I was in college, I was fortunate to attend two Greek Leadership conferences there and it was a lot of fun. Everyone was super friendlyl.

AmoXO 08-27-2015 11:38 PM

Whoohoo!

Go Big Ten!!!!!

(I admit it, I had to look to see whether Purdue had Chi O.)

dukedg 08-27-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinder1965 (Post 2329098)

I think this is an NPC pilot program or something. Didn't they do this at UCLA last year? (I'm pretty pregnant, so I could also be crazy!)

SWTXBelle 08-28-2015 05:29 AM

I'd like to know NPC's take on it.

Katmandu 08-28-2015 08:10 AM

Yea, me too, RE: Gamma Chi's not being open about affiliation: I could see it going either way. In some cases it could really help break down stereotypes, i.e., "YOU are an XYZ? Hmmm...cute, active, friendly, smart...maybe I need to re-think the tent talk". On the other hand, one poorly chosen Gamma Chi could cause issues.

I was a "Rush Counselor" back in the day, and we were supposed to be unaffiliated and went into the process anonymously, but we were unsophisticated back in the Pleistocene era and there were always party pics, scrapbook pics, etc that were inadvertently left out/open to view, so by round 2, it was an open secret who we were.

I will be interested to hear how this goes. Good Luck to all at Purdue!

AmoXO 08-28-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukedg (Post 2329169)
I think this is an NPC pilot program or something. Didn't they do this at UCLA last year? (I'm pretty pregnant, so I could also be crazy!)

I was in your shoes (v pregnant) last year, so I know the feeling!

IDK how I would have felt knowing those affiliations. I hated one of my Rho Chi's houses, so in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't know at the time. I liked my Rho Chi, though. I'm also curious about the rationale behind the program.

irishpipes 08-28-2015 10:15 AM

Purdue is one of those schools that does not seem to have the numbers to support extension, yet they did a stacked one. KD is the second leg of the stack (AOII already came on). I hope it goes well.

DeltaBetaBaby 08-28-2015 10:35 AM

Doesn't everyone know their Rho Gam affiliations anyway? There is just too much social media to hide it.

cinder1965 08-28-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishpipes (Post 2329531)
Purdue is one of those schools that does not seem to have the numbers to support extension, yet they did a stacked one. KD is the second leg of the stack (AOII already came on). I hope it goes well.

While I wish KD well, I have to agree.....I don't know a lot about the numbers that calculate extension, but I wondered about this as well.

cinder1965 08-28-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukedg (Post 2329169)

One of the girls in the chapter told me that Ohio State did this last year and it worked great. I am not sure what that means.....she mentioned that it was to help cut down on dirty rushing. I would love to hear from anyone who might know the thinking behind this...

Purdue is also likely going to move the Open House round to the Union next year with each house having a room.....I don't want to be an old alum but I don't like this idea! :(

cinder1965 08-28-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmoXO (Post 2329162)
Whoohoo!

Go Big Ten!!!!!

(I admit it, I had to look to see whether Purdue had Chi O.)

YES GO BIG TEN!!!!!

Yes, we have Chi O, very strong chapter!!!