GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Dating & Relationships (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Random Wedding Thread (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=93759)

KSUViolet06 12-12-2011 12:00 AM

That's a lot of stuff being covered by one place.

My concern with it is just that you're happy with their offerings before you sign with them just for the convenience factor.

Ex: You don't want to sign on with the venue then see samples of their photo work that looks like they were shot by my 4 year old nephew, with no flash, in the rain.

KSUViolet06 12-14-2011 10:07 PM

After manufacturing the first replica of the Twilight Wedding Dress (I haven't read the books or seen the movies so I have no clue if this looks anything like the dress in the movie looks, but the fabric choice there is fail), Alfred Angelo has announced that it will roll out an entire Twilight Bridal line, to accompany the Twilight Prom collection (yes, Twilight Prom is real.)

Jesus take the wheel.

joliebelle 12-14-2011 10:33 PM

I don't even think Jesus wants to take the wheel on this one. And then there was this:
Twilight fans faking engagements to try on Bella's dress.

christiangirl 12-15-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 2112166)
After manufacturing the first replica of the Twilight Wedding Dress (I haven't read the books or seen the movies so I have no clue if this looks anything like the dress in the movie looks, but the fabric choice there is fail), Alfred Angelo has announced that it will roll out an entire Twilight Bridal line, to accompany the Twilight Prom collection (yes, Twilight Prom is real.)

Jesus take the wheel.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ix38_thjpg.gif

lovespink88 12-17-2011 01:34 PM

Going to a wedding today--the bride is a Chi Omega :)

txpacer 12-17-2011 07:00 PM

Found my dress today! I wasn't even looking for one, but mom and I passed a shop and zeroed in on a dress. Sooooo excited!!!!!! Going back for measurement and down payment on Tuesday.

chitownxo 12-17-2011 10:28 PM

My husband's cousin is having a pot luck wedding reception next month. The bride-to-be and her mother have already told us we are to bring "some kind of vegetable" and wants us to be prepared to bring a dessert. Oh, and BTB has also informed us that semi formal attire is requested.

I'm not really familiar with pot luck weddings, but would assume they're usually casual affairs. Has anyone else gone to a pot luck wedding, and are these requests normal?

AGDee 12-17-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitownxo (Post 2112695)
My husband's cousin is having a pot luck wedding reception next month. The bride-to-be and her mother have already told us we are to bring "some kind of vegetable" and wants us to be prepared to bring a dessert. Oh, and BTB has also informed us that semi formal attire is requested.

I'm not really familiar with pot luck weddings, but would assume they're usually casual affairs. Has anyone else gone to a pot luck wedding, and are these requests normal?

I've never heard of a potluck wedding and it sounds like the tackiest thing on earth to me. If you can't afford to serve your guests a meal, then have a cake and punch reception or just appetizers.

chitownxo 12-17-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2112696)
I've never heard of a potluck wedding and it sounds like the tackiest thing on earth to me. If you can't afford to serve your guests a meal, then have a cake and punch reception or just appetizers.

Well, my husband's family does tend to redefine tacky...

barbino 12-18-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitownxo (Post 2112698)
Well, my husband's family does tend to redefine tacky...

This made me laugh; it took about 12 years of being married before I adjusted to my husband's family.

christiangirl 12-18-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitownxo (Post 2112695)

A good friend of mine had a potluck wedding and it was a blast! The couple provided the main dish and, whatever side we wanted to eat, we were just asked to bring enough to share (not for all the guests, but at least a medium-sized dish). If you couldn't bring anything, that was cool, too. Attire was casual but since it was at a church, most people dressed up just a bit anyway. Also, the couple had a strict NO GIFTS policy. Just bring yourself and a dish to share if you so choose. :)

Kappamd 12-22-2011 03:00 PM

Photographer and DJ/photobooth both booked. Love checking things off the list. Its just so SATISFYING.

DreamfulSpirit 12-29-2011 08:22 AM

Saw this on pinterest, and thought it was too funny:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...it/photo-1.jpg

It had the caption/comment of "Ironic,no?"

lovespink88 12-30-2011 12:04 PM

Flowers, done, bridesmaid dresses, done, tuxes, (almost) done. Save the dates and our registry will be done by this weekend as well.

Man, this feels great!!!

KSUViolet06 12-30-2011 06:25 PM

YAY for getting things done!