GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Academics (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Medical School (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=81891)

blackngoldengrl 10-26-2006 07:53 PM

Medical School

Is anyone else out there in medical school? I need to rant about this cruel punishment!:mad:

AlexMack 10-26-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackngoldengrl (Post 1346730)
Is anyone else out there in medical school? I need to rant about this cruel punishment!:mad:

SigKapSweetie is!

SigKapSweetie 10-27-2006 11:24 AM

Sadly, my sister is correct - I am in medical school.

Drolefille 10-27-2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie (Post 1346970)
Sadly, my sister is correct - I am in medical school.

HA HA I dropped out of pre-med :p

Me and my B.A. in Psychology mock you, and then cry because I'm unemployed (and getting my Masters)

AlexMack 10-27-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1346977)
HA HA I dropped out of pre-med :p

Me and my B.A. in Psychology mock you, and then cry because I'm unemployed (and getting my Masters)

Haha, me and my as-yet unfinished BA in Political Science with a concentration in international relations mocks you and your psychology degree, also known as a toilet paper degree!

I thought I wanted to go to medical school, then I realized that I just didn't have the motivation to study hard. Nursing it is!

Drolefille 10-27-2006 11:59 AM

My piece of paper written in Latin mocks your as-yet-unfinished BA in Poly Sci aka majoring "I dunno what I wanna do but I have a good professor"

My as-yet-unfinished Masters consoles you because it's a Masters in Counseling.

My future license in Clinical Professional Counseling charges you $150.

blackngoldengrl 10-27-2006 01:13 PM

SigKapSweetie, I'm glad to see there is someone else on here suffering too! We have an exam on Monday-virology and parasitology, then it's time to celebrate halloween style!
I'm at Maryland, What school do you go to?

AlexMack 10-27-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1346999)
My piece of paper written in Latin mocks your as-yet-unfinished BA in Poly Sci aka majoring "I dunno what I wanna do but I have a good professor"

My as-yet-unfinished Masters consoles you because it's a Masters in Counseling.

My future license in Clinical Professional Counseling charges you $150.

Nah, actually I do have my career future planned out completely. I'm doing Poli Sci because it's a subject I have an interest in. After I graduate, I'll work a couple of years as an EMT then go back into nursing school, get my RN and work as a critical care nurse. Nursing is impossible at UMASS, hence why I had to switch my major.
I don't believe in counseling so :P to you!

Drolefille 10-27-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur532 (Post 1347170)
Nah, actually I do have my career future planned out completely. I'm doing Poli Sci because it's a subject I have an interest in. After I graduate, I'll work a couple of years as an EMT then go back into nursing school, get my RN and work as a critical care nurse. Nursing is impossible at UMASS, hence why I had to switch my major.
I don't believe in counseling so :P to you!

Suuure how does that make you feel?

Don't know what you mean by not believing in it.

AlexMack 10-27-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolefille (Post 1347181)
Suuure how does that make you feel?

Don't know what you mean by not believing in it.

Doesn't work for me. I have this thing where I think that a complete stranger who doesn't know me cannot solve my problems. I'm not much of a talker anyway so...works great for some people but not me.

SigKapSweetie 10-27-2006 04:43 PM

Yeah, we have an exam on Monday - all the drugs for the neuro/psych block, plus (oddly enough) beta-blockers and adrenergic/cholinergic drugs, despite the fact that we actually have a heart block coming up (248 drugs in total). Also, questions on evidence-based medicine, neuro/psych microbio, neuro/psych pathology, and our clinical correlations for the block. Oh, and physical diagnosis. Jeez, if I can't even remember what all's on the test, I'm going to have trouble answering the questions!

Drolefille 10-27-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur532 (Post 1347219)
Doesn't work for me. I have this thing where I think that a complete stranger who doesn't know me cannot solve my problems. I'm not much of a talker anyway so...works great for some people but not me.

Gotcha, I understand. Most people can deal with their own problems most of the time, and they can talk (or not) to their friends. Some people just don't have a good support group or have gotten themselves stuck into patterns where they don't see how to get out of it. Outside perspective is important, but my job is to help you solve your own problems. I don't fix anything, I just help you figure it out.

KillarneyRose 10-28-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur532 (Post 1346993)
I thought I wanted to go to medical school, then I realized that I just didn't have the motivation to study hard. Nursing it is!

Aww, don't say that! Nursing isn't a piece of cake by any means; at least the RN end of it. Not sure how much training the bedpan changers need.

My sister-the-doctah-whom-our-mother-likes-the-best (yep, that's actually how she's known in our family!) says that lots of doctors are really condescending and rude to the nurses so she goes out of her way to be nice to them. She says nurses can help make a doc's job much easier or much harder.

SigKapSweetie 10-28-2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillarneyRose (Post 1347427)
She says nurses can help make a doc's job much easier or much harder.

True!

I'm a second-year med student. I worked an ER rotation this block, and I made sure the nurses liked me (brought them candy, pens, etc.). If they like you, they will make sure you don't kill any patients by accident. If they don't like you, they will make sure your attending is around to see you kill patients by accident. :p

Drolefille 10-29-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie (Post 1347428)
True!

I'm a second-year med student. I worked an ER rotation this block, and I made sure the nurses liked me (brought them candy, pens, etc.). If they like you, they will make sure you don't kill any patients by accident. If they don't like you, they will make sure your attending is around to see you kill patients by accident. :p

Why does Scrubs pop into my head right there? :p