GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Gamma Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   AGDLynn's legacy (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=142763)

AGDAlum 07-14-2014 10:14 AM

AGDLynn's legacy

From the Delta Eta/SDSU Facebook page:
"In honor of the closing of our very first AGD Convention, we would like to share an inspiring and heartfelt story our sister, Kara experienced! Kara received this beautiful AΓΔ necklace from an anonymous giver. All Kara knew about the giver was that the giver had recently passed and her husband had passed it on to International Council member, Ms. DiGiovanni, who then gave it to Kara. Kara was delighted to receive the necklace but wanted to know more about the giver, so she did some research. Kara discovered it was from Susan Lynn Taylor Faller, a devout member of Alpha Gam. She served as a chapter advisor, officer of the Atlanta Alumnae chapter and wore the Arc of Epsilon Pi. Susan however became very ill and passed away in March. It is assumed that Susan had a Pearl Sister in a new chapter, like ours, named Kara as well. Since Kara was was the only "Kara" at the convention she received this necklace. One may say that Kara was bought to this necklace by destiny, the fact she has the same name as Susan's Pearl Sister and is a member of a new chapter, is amazing! Kara says it is a blessing to receive such an honorable piece of Alpha Gam jewelry and it will serve as a constant reminder to her to live her life with purpose in honor of Susan's legacy. We hope this story touched your heart, because it sure did touch ours. It also shows us that we are all destined to be members of AGD and are here for a reason. This is also a reminder of how sisterhood has no limits."

33girl 07-14-2014 11:37 AM

That is beautiful.

clemsongirl 07-14-2014 11:42 AM

I teared up. Glad to know that AGDLynn's legacy lives on through the sorority she loved so much.

AGDee 07-14-2014 08:06 PM

Lynn had made it for her "pearl sister", a program we have for alumnae to connect with colony members since there aren't women in the chapter to be their sister-mother (our version of "big sister"). The IC member who received it from Lynn's husband wasn't sure how to find which Kara it was for so she went through the list of Convention attendees and found the only Kara who was from a new chapter, presenting her with the necklace. I became misty eyed many times during convention- missing Lynn's presence, going through the Memorial Service, and when that IC member showed me an instragram from Kara showing off her necklace and telling the story.

amIblue? 07-14-2014 09:52 PM

What a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

AGDCanada11 07-14-2014 10:20 PM

http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.ne...84271720_n.jpg
This is the picture that was with the post, of Kara showing her necklace.

MaryPoppins 07-14-2014 10:25 PM

How lovely! Such a special thing.

DoctorD 07-15-2014 12:36 PM

Teared up reading this - thanks for sharing the story.

I missed Lynn a ton at this convention.

ColdInCanada11 07-15-2014 01:23 PM

Such a lovely story!

BadSquirrelBeta 08-13-2015 05:58 PM

Have not been around Greek Chat for a while, I was saddened to learn AGDLynn had entered Chapter Grand. What a beautiful story about her necklace finding its way to her Pearl Sister.

honeychile 08-13-2015 06:07 PM

Beautiful! I too puddled up!

BadSquirrelBeta 08-13-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 2325631)
Beautiful! I too puddled up!

Right??? Great to see you again too, Honeychile!!

honeychile 08-13-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadSquirrelBeta (Post 2325633)
Right??? Great to see you again too, Honeychile!!

Thanks - and you, too! Seems that I log onto GC to report spam and leave. :(

Benzgirl 08-13-2015 06:41 PM

I completely forgot Lynn's first name was Susan. Every now and then, I come across an email she sent. Still can't believe she is gone.

NutBrnHair 08-13-2015 06:56 PM

Very, very touching.