GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   News & Politics (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   interesting (Bush with ribbon for award he didnt earn) (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=56291)

IowaStatePhiPsi 09-01-2004 09:42 PM

interesting (Bush with ribbon for award he didnt earn)

http://www.bluelemur.com/index.php?p=276

http://bluelemur.com/images/stories/bush250.jpg
Quote:

A closer examination of a photograph included in President George W. Bush’s Air Force records, released by the White House earlier this year, shows then-Second Lieutenant Bush wearing an Air Force Outstanding Unit Award which he never earned.

James 09-01-2004 09:52 PM

I have enough legitimate policy problems with Bush that I am not going to bother with the trivial. But thanks.

SigmaChiGuy 09-01-2004 09:53 PM

Even I can cut and paste in Paint...c'mon, is that the best you can come up with?

IowaStatePhiPsi 09-01-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SigmaChiGuy
Even I can cut and paste in Paint...c'mon, is that the best you can come up with?
The White House forged it? Why?

DeltAlum 09-01-2004 10:20 PM

Not saying this isn't true, but this doesn't appear to be the most reliable source I've seen recently.

Right on par with our pals at Swift Boats.

Rudey 09-01-2004 10:25 PM

IowaStatePhiPsi, a Democrat, is known for post lies and propaghanda so until this appears in a reliable news source, it's safe to say this will be assumed to be just like the rest of his crap.

-Rudey

DeltAlum 09-01-2004 10:36 PM

Easy, Rudey. You haven't been the most non-partisan person on the board yourself. Attack the premise if you want, but leave the personal attacks out of it. They don't prove anything one way or the other.

honeychile 09-01-2004 10:43 PM

[hijacking vent]

As I've said many times, my (much) elder brother was in Viet Nam. He was in one platoon where he & one other man were the only two who survived. He was a door gunner who was shot down, wounded, and never once committed any atrocities. When he had the chance to get out of Viet Nam after serving 10 months, he jumped at the chance, literally spending one day in the jungle, the next in Saigon, the next in Hawaii, the next home, and the next in a classroom (the only way he could get an "early out").

Since he left Viet Nam so quickly, he was unable to receive the medals due to him in the field, as is usually done. He has written to the appropriate offices in the Department of Defense on a yearly basis since 1990 to ascertain which medals he is entitled. He keeps getting a form letter that it takes over 24 months to process these requests!!! He could simply buy the ones he thinks he deserves (he knows his commanding officer put in for a Purple Heart & Bronze Star, for starters), but as he is now a pastor, he is not going to do that.

I've decided to help him run for a major political office. Obviously, that's the only way one can find out what medals one is permitted!

[/hijacking vent]

AlphaSigOU 09-01-2004 10:53 PM

It's very possible then-2LT Bush may have earned the AFOUA while he was stationed in his UPT (Undergraduate Pilot Training) base. Records tend to get lost or not updated. When records are reviewed (usually annually) the airman or officer is given the opportunity to correct any errors; if there was no paperwork for the ribbon, and no substantiating information backs up the claim, then the airman or officer must immediately cease to wear the ribbon or medal.

The other ribbon he's wearing is the Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (To earn that ribbon, one must qualify as Expert (275 or better out of 300) in rifle or pistol either during training or qualification.)

Case in point: when I separated from the Air Force (way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I had just finished the coursework necessary for my 5-level (journeyman) training; unfortunately, the paperwork did not arrive in time for separation, so I got out with only a 3-level (apprentice). I did make sure that I got credit for my overseas service by applying for the Overseas Long Tour ribbon (fot serving 15 months or longer at a base overseas); that ribbon I got, along with the "I Was There" Air Force Training Ribbon.

It's possible my training records were later updated, but I've never bothered to apply for a change to my DD214 (discharge papers).

Rudey 09-01-2004 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DeltAlum
Easy, Rudey. You haven't been the most non-partisan person on the board yourself. Attack the premise if you want, but leave the personal attacks out of it. They don't prove anything one way or the other.
Does telling the truth make you non-partisan?

And don't say there are any personal attacks when there are none. If anything you just did a personal attack on me.

-Rudey

DeltAlum 09-01-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rudey
IowaStatePhiPsi, a Democrat, is known for post lies and propaghanda so until this appears in a reliable news source, it's safe to say this will be assumed to be just like the rest of his crap.

-Rudey

Well, maybe truth is different things to different people, but I'd say that calling someone a liar an attack.

Again, pot, meet kettle.

Rudey 09-01-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Well, maybe truth is different things to different people, but I'd say that calling someone a liar an attack.

Again, pot, meet kettle.

Show me where I lied. Again you don't like what I have to say so any time I speak of something you don't like it's a personal attack. That's funny. Show me where I'm wrong and how I lied and had to resort to a personal attack. Hey DeltAlum, weren't you supposed to put me on ignore the last couple of times you said you would? Are you pulling a classic Kerry flip-flop?

-Rudey

DeltAlum 09-01-2004 11:38 PM

It's not worth my time.

Rudey 09-01-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

It's not worth my time.
You should vent in the mod forum. :)

-Rudey