GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Ballerina Rush (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=128572)

caylaashley 07-30-2012 09:18 PM

Ballerina Rush

So, I start recruitment August 11 and figured I would start now. I'll be a freshman at Washington State University and there are 13 panhellenic sororities.

They are
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Sigma Kappa

Since I've been dancing for sixteen years I figured I'd do a ballet company themed story.
In no particular order:
Ballet Yuma
Royal Academy of Ballet
Forum Jazz
South Bay Ballet
Marin Dance Theater
State Street Young Dancers
Long Beach Ballet
Columbia Ballet
Chamber Ballet
Julliard
Joffrey
ABT
Ballet West

I'm a legacy to Long Beach Ballet, but I have an open mind for the other 12 sororities/ballet companies. Their recruitment is ridiculously long
August 11th - Move In/Recruitment Orientation
August 12th - Educational Programs such as (Booze, Sex & Reality Checks, iValues, Phired Up!), Campus Tours, Week of Welcome events
August 13th - Same as the 12th
August 14th - Meeting the first 6 chapters
August 15th - Meeting the final 7 chapters
August 16th - Philanthropy attending 10 chapters
August 17th - Attending 6 chapters to view their living facilities
August 18th - Pref Night, attending 3 chapters
August 19th - Bid Day!!!!!!!

AXOmom 07-30-2012 09:37 PM

^^^Wow - a little weird they're now doing Week of Welcome activities in between orientation and the start of recruitment, but it does make some sense.

Excited to hear this one and I think I'll pick.....ABT because isn't that the one that Chloe off of Dance Mom's got a summer training scholarship for or was it Joffrey? So I guess I'll go with ABT or Joffrey.

caylaashley 07-30-2012 09:38 PM

it was Joffrey that Chloe got a scholarship for, but both of them are amzinggggggg companies!

I thought it was a little weird, but they want us to make friends with people who aren't going greek and give us some stress relief(:

sigmagirl2000 07-30-2012 10:37 PM

I don't want to be a major pain, but if your accountname is your real name, you might want to change the accountname or wait until well after recruitment to post your story, just in someone who knows someone recognizes you.....

WCsweet<3 07-30-2012 11:47 PM

Tough to decide who to root for! I went to a few ABT summer sessions, but know someone in Long Beach, Ballet West and State Street. I'm having a top four. Good luck!

caylaashley 07-31-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 (Post 2162940)
I don't want to be a major pain, but if your accountname is your real name, you might want to change the accountname or wait until well after recruitment to post your story, just in someone who knows someone recognizes you.....

I've been trying for so long to change it! I made this account before I knew where I was going and all that. If you know how could you let me know how or who to PM about it?

Thanks everyone for all the support. Haha it'll be hard if i get cut cause I love all of the companies

caylaashley 07-31-2012 03:09 AM

Thanks Jen! I just did that!

Coug2012 07-31-2012 03:15 AM

I hope your recruitment goes well! I am getting so excited for move in day and I can't wait to post my story also!

caylaashley 07-31-2012 03:16 AM

You too! I can't wait to read yours!

sigmagirl2000 07-31-2012 08:32 AM

I love your positive attitude! Didn't mean to come off as mean before, and now I, too, have learned how to change one's accountname!

best of luck, once that change goes through, we're looking to updates as fast as you can get them to us!

caylaashley 07-31-2012 12:39 PM

Oh no, you weren't mean at all! Its completely a valid point and I thank you for the concern that someone might recognize me(:

Hopefully once it gets changed I'll be able to update quickly after recruitment starts... I'll have to write down in my Rush Journal the code names so I don't forget who's who!

ColdInCanada11 07-31-2012 12:49 PM

Athough I'm partial to Ballet West's rep, I'm going to have to go with ABT! (Gotta love the classics)

caylaashley 08-01-2012 01:01 AM

Woo! I've always loved ABT

on a side note, Jen....should I be worried that John hasn't been active since like May?

thetygerlily 08-04-2012 11:28 AM

Another WSU story! I'll go on repeat and say that I know so many WSU alumnae that loved their experiences at WSU chapters. Best of luck to you, and enjoy it!!

caylaashley 08-04-2012 12:47 PM

Thanks! I am so excited, but nervous so all the support means so much!