GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   25-yr. Pin (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=91313)

MSKKG 11-04-2007 01:35 PM

25-yr. Pin

I ordered one of the new 25-yr. pins. Since I lost my badge back in April, I am anxious for this one to come (I just haven't gotten around to ordering another badge--guess I'm hoping mine will show up somewhere :(). At least I'll have something official to wear in the meantime.

skylark 11-04-2007 04:09 PM

I saw the announcement in the Key for the 25 year pins - such a great idea! I do hope you find your old one, though... there is always something nice about having something like that throughout your whole life.

ISUKappa 11-04-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSKKG (Post 1545159)
I ordered one of the new 25-yr. pins. Since I lost my badge back in April, I am anxious for this one to come (I just haven't gotten around to ordering another badge--guess I'm hoping mine will show up somewhere :(). At least I'll have something official to wear in the meantime.

There are always rescued badges you can get too. :)

ETA: There is a Delta Rho badge available!

MSKKG 11-04-2007 08:44 PM

Oh, I'm just sick about it--I had my badge for 30 years. :( I will replace it though. I just haven't been able to bring myself to actually order another one--it would kind of be like giving up on finding mine. The meaning behind it will always be in my heart, even if it won't be over my heart.

ISUKappa, is there a Delta Rho badge on eBay or do the Keepers have one? I would love to buy one of those if I decide to go that route. I may just order a brand new one though.

ISUKappa 11-05-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSKKG (Post 1545278)
ISUKappa, is there a Delta Rho badge on eBay or do the Keepers have one? I would love to buy one of those if I decide to go that route. I may just order a brand new one though.

I'll PM you. :)

MysticCat 11-05-2007 10:27 AM

Excuse the crash, please, ladies.

Is the 25-year pin something non-members can order for members? I'd love to get one for my wife.

MSKKG 11-07-2007 02:10 AM

I'm not sure because I had to give my initiation info (maybe so HQ could verify it) on a form sent to the Alumnae Association (I'm President of mine, so I get all sorts of nifty forms!). Maybe if you contacted her area AA, they could order one for you. You could always go to the Kappa website or call HQ and ask. Hope this at least gives you a place to start.

MysticCat 11-07-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSKKG (Post 1546159)
I'm not sure because I had to give my initiation info (maybe so HQ could verify it) on a form sent to the Alumnae Association (I'm President of mine, so I get all sorts of nifty forms!). Maybe if you contacted her area AA, they could order one for you. You could always go to the Kappa website or call HQ and ask. Hope this at least gives you a place to start.

Thanks! I came across her most recent issue of The Key last night and found the piece in there about it. Calling HQ is probably the safest route to go, 'cause either they'll tell me I can order it (I have info on date and, of course, chapter of initiation) or they'll tell me how I can get someone to order it for me.

Thanks again.

MSKKG 11-07-2007 12:53 PM

Kappa husbands are the best! What a sweet surprise it will be!

MSKKG 11-13-2007 05:47 PM

My 25-year pin arrived today! :D It is so pretty--I can't wait to wear it! It's heavier than I thought it would be.