GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Beta Sigma Phi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Beta Sigma Phi Roll Call (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=35080)

OrigamiTulip 06-13-2003 04:10 PM

Beta Sigma Phi Roll Call

The number of Betas and Friends on here has grown by leaps and bounds lately! Let's do a roll call so we know who our sisters, prospective members and guests are in our forum.

What is your:

1) First Name
2) Chapter
3) Status or Degree
4) Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta
5) Anything else you want us to know

Jill1228 06-13-2003 04:16 PM

Jill
Preceptor Alpha Xi Chapter
I am still a pledge and also corresponding secretary

I joined because: I am rather new to my area and don't have that many friends. It was also a great way to meet great ladies and learn about my area. A friend in Missouri referred me

At 36, I am the youngest in my chapter

DebbieRoberts 06-13-2003 05:32 PM

My name is Debbie
I belong to Texas, Alpha Rho Nu, Huffman
I am an Exemplar
I began in 1992, my mother n law's chapter friendly ventured a new chapter for young ladies, so I joined. I have really loved it.

DeniLin 06-13-2003 05:53 PM

1) First Name Denise
2) Chapter Kansas, Beta Eta, Wichita
3) Status or Degree Ritual of Jewels
4) Why you joined BSP My mother is a BSP in Oklahoma - I wanted to become a part of it.
I am the Extension Officer for my chapter. We are going to Friendly Venture in the Fall

JudyK 06-13-2003 11:03 PM

1) First Name: Judy
2) Chapter: Currently MAL from local/land chapter, member of Online Theta
3) Status or Degree: Preceptor - Lifetime member having joined a Nu Phi Mu chapter in February, 1967 in Wichita Falls, Tx
4) Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta: I was invited to an International rush by a neighbor. The rush brought in enough of us young girls for 3 chapters!
5) Anything else you want us to know: I believe I have found in BSP "the best friends of my life"! I am currently meeting many BSP sisters online! I'm looking forward to reading posts here and meeting more BSP sisters!
:)

tearose 06-13-2003 11:57 PM

Beta sigma Phi Roll Call

1) First Name - Dianne
2) Chapter - Xi Theta Gamma, Coraopolis, PA
3) Status or Degree - Active, lifetime member, Preceptor Degree
4) Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta - I was rushed in Madrid, Spain. Joined with 10 other pledges at the time. I have enjoyed all the friends I have made through the years. I have enjoyed my 25 years of BSP and have held all offices and committees.
5) Anything else you want us to know - I am currently our Chapter Treasurer and Pittsburgh City Council Vice President. I also have the Order of the Rose and Silver Circle. I stumbled across GC last night and signed up.

Barb 06-14-2003 12:34 AM

Name: Barbara

Chapt. Texas Xi Phi Rho Houston

Status or Degree: Preceptor

Why I joined: Saw a neighbors Torch on the coffee table and asked about BSP. Was invited to Founders Day a few weeks later and fell in love with the organization. That was 25 years ago.

Additional information: I joined BSP in Ft Laud Fla. and then moved to Texas away from my family but met the best friends of my life here. Even though some have moved off to the far corners of the USA they remain my closest and dearest friends.

bsp-mich24 06-14-2003 01:27 AM

1) First Name- Michelle

2) Chapter - Online Alpha Phi & MAL

3) Status or Degree - Exemplar

4) Why you joined Beta - I checked out BSP 11 yrs ago, then 10 yrs later in the teaching/education field it felt like the right time to join + community service.

5) Anything else you want us to know - I'm glad to see more 30-somethings joining our forum.:D

Jenn2nen 06-15-2003 02:21 PM

1) First Name-Jennifer or Jenn

2) Chapter- Gamma Alpha Epsilon, Yuba City, CA

3) Status or Degree- Ritual Of Jewels

4) Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta-I am an Air Force Spouse and loved the idea of having sisters all throughout the world. I hope that BSP will help me make friends when we move to our next base. :)

5) Anything else you want us to know- I am 29 and I joined BSP 2 years ago. I have had so much fun with all of my sisters and I look forward to my third year as a member. I'm currently vice president and immediate past president of our chapter. :)

Jenn

erica812 06-16-2003 09:28 AM

1. name...Erica
2. chapter...Massachusetts Delta Pi, Amherst & Online Kappa
3. degree...Ritual of Jewels
4. why I joined...I was looking for the sisterhood that I had missed in college. I was especially drawn to Beta Sigma Phi's focus on education and friendship. I thought that I might be able to have a positive influence on the sorority and gain a lot from it at the same time.
5. Friendly Venturing is FUN!!! Every chapter should do it SOON!:D

MoxieGrrl 06-16-2003 11:22 AM

1) First Name-Kristi

2) Chapter- N/A

3) Status or Degree- Interested party

4) Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta- I'm new to Pittsburgh and want to meet people who I can call sisteres.

5) Anything else you want us to know-I wanna be a pledge nowwwwww :)

cutetiger 06-16-2003 07:39 PM

Re: Beta Sigma Phi Roll Call

1) First Name: Bernadette

2) Chapter: Zeta Delta, Louisiana, Baton Rouge

3) Status or Degree: Ritual of Jewels

4) Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta: I joined Beta because the options for sororities on my college campus didn't interest me. I looked back to when I was little when my mom put me in a beauty pagent put on by Beta. I looked into it on the internet and it was something that I was looking forward to doing. I'm so glad that I joined because I love all my sisters!

5) Anything else you want us to know: Friendship is the greatest thing in the world. I'm so glad to call ALL of y'all my sisters!

pbjlili 06-18-2003 11:57 AM

First Name: Polly

Chapter: Dallas, TX Beta Iota Delta (ages range from 24-36)

Status or Degree: Active, ROJ

Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta: My aunt sent my name to Int'l when I first moved to the DFW area. I was 27 and newly married...I loved that I had a way to make instant friends. It was the best and easiest decision I ever made!

Anything else you want us to know: The friendships I have made through this organization have been wonderful! We currently have 3 new pledges and have more wanting to visit. Right now we are at a mighty 10:D

tnxbutterfly 06-18-2003 01:33 PM

Re: Beta Sigma Phi Roll Call

Quote:

Originally posted by BetaRose
The number of Betas and Friends on here has grown by leaps and bounds lately! Let's do a roll call so we know who our sisters, prospective members and guests are in our forum.

What is your:

1) First Name
2) Chapter
3) Status or Degree
4) Why you joined (or are thinking about joining) Beta

1) Makeda
2) looking at chapters in the Dallas area
I'm interested in Beta because I've been in Dallas for 2 years. I tend to be a bit of a home body so I figured that Beta will help me get out the house and get more active and meet people.

Anything else: Polly check your PM:D

mawpsmommy 06-20-2003 12:33 PM

Roll Call

1) Robin
2) Gamma Alpha Epsilon Yuba City
3) Exemplar
4) My mom has been in BSP since I was a toddler. I always knew I wanted to join as soon as I got settled. I emailed International as soon as I got out of school.
5) I love BSP! I'm my chapter's Recording Secretary and city council's Past President this year.