GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Delta Sigma Theta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Bad Gifts (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=12324)

CrimsonTide4 11-27-2001 09:35 PM

Bad Gifts

Today on another listserve, we were talking about Christmas exchanges which lead to BAD GIFTS you have received.

Let's hear them.

I have tooooons but YOU FIRST :D

Imperial11 11-27-2001 10:33 PM

Talk about some gifts that PISSED me off!!!

One year I received a box of three half turtleneck things. You know.....just the neck part of the turtleneck. I think they're called "dickies".

Then when the person who I got them from got ready to hand me the box, she said "You can tell me that you don't like them if you want to." Okay..........If I have any inkling that someone won't like the gift that I purchased for them, then I WON'T BUY IT!!!!!!!
I don't believe in giving somebody a gift just because it's "gift-giving time". That girl knew D@#N well that I didn't want no freakin' turtleneck necks!!!

Oh and last year, she gave me a picture of her daughter. Yeah, the little girl is cute and all, but really....looking at her DOES NOT MAKE MY DAY BRIGHT, AT ALL!!!!!!

No, I'm not an ungrateful person, but ya'll would just have to know this girl. She buys a bunch of cheap @$$ stuff all the time, but swears up and down that she is independently WEALTHY.:eek: Plus....I give her good (good=useful + pricey) gifts all the time.

Okay.....enough of my ranting. Just had to get it off my chest!;)

DELTAQTE 11-27-2001 10:35 PM

well

My Auntie gave me TONS of socks she had knitted. I mean every color, size, shape, some had stars on them. One sock she knitted said "chocolate sista" down the damn sock.

I never wore those socks unless she came over.

QTE ;)

stillwater15 11-28-2001 12:48 AM

a lot of people participate in company grab bags. this particular grab bag had a minimum of 10 or 15 dollars that each person should spend for a gift. well, one year, gifts were exchanged and one woman's contribution to the grab bag was a sleeve of saltine crackers. i kid you not. she didn't even offer the whole box of saltimes, just one sleeve.

my thought is that if times are that hard, don't even bother to participate.

kizzie22 11-28-2001 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by stillwater15
a lot of people participate in company grab bags. this particular grab bag had a minimum of 10 or 15 dollars that each person should spend for a gift. well, one year, gifts were exchanged and one woman's contribution to the grab bag was a sleeve of saltine crackers. i kid you not. she didn't even offer the whole box of saltimes, just one sleeve.

my thought is that if times are that hard, don't even bother to participate.

LMAOF!!!!!!! I would have taken my gift back and threw those saltine crackers at her... Well, I got a bottle of used cologne for a christmas present one year...I was soooo p@#$@d...

kiml122 11-28-2001 07:57 AM

One year and this was a while back, I got a used wallet. I kid you not, I still remember just looking at it like "what the hell":eek:

carolyne 11-28-2001 02:03 PM

When I was about 8 years old, my aunt sent me a sexy baby blue lingerie outfit. BUT when I was 17, she sent me a pair of royal blue mittens! Not even gloves, mittens!

Steeltrap 11-28-2001 02:27 PM

My parents gave me a pair of, of all things, gauchos. It was Christmas 1977. They were not tasteful, :rolleyes: although they were from Neiman Marcus.

JJSP01 11-28-2001 03:05 PM

Let's see....my ex bought me baking pans for Christmas a couple of years ago...he actually bought them so he could use them himself when he came over to my place to make dinner rolls!

My sister (yes, I'm putting you out there Wini!) gave me some damned tea...yes, tea bags for Christmas two years ago.

As a matter of fact, Christmas of 1999 wasn't that great a Christmas! LOL

CrimsonTide4 11-29-2001 09:57 AM

My Turn

In HIGH SCHOOL, we had a gift exchange in Spanish and our limit was $10 -- this boy bought me a $3.49 CASSETTE SINGLE for Sybil's Let It Rain, while that was the crank, could I have not gotten the 3 for $10 deal.

College:
I was a DJ in college for our college radio station, but I used to DJ parties for Upward Bound when I worked for them in the summer. For their Christmas party, they asked me to DJ so I said no problem sure. I was asked by the Assistant Director, a future soror. Anyway at the party, she kept saying we have a gift for you as appreciation for DJing (which was not necessary -- but COOL). Now I was thinking a GC or a Witt sweatshirt or something -- noooooope. They called me up to the stage and had me open the present on stage. WHY WAS IT SOME G D EARMUFFS!!!!!!! -- Royal Blue!!! (nothing against the SG Rhos or Zetas but I had a purple coat) I was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!! My future sands was with me and she knew the look on my face was not good but I recovered and said thanks. I went upstairs and dumped them in the winter coats, gloves drive box. :cool:

Two Christmases Ago:
This denim lace outfit that my mom got me, oh did I mention it was shirt and pants and it was ACID WASHED!!
:eek: :eek:

DeltaGirl-BH-ASU 11-29-2001 12:45 PM

The worst gift I have recieved was a hat and gloves set. I guess the thought was ok but the set was cream and was knitted...which means it got dirty.

But last year at my Mommy's job they had a gift exchange...and someone gave the boss one of those gift baskets that has sausage, pepperoni, hard salami and cheese in it:) I laughed so much I was in tears.

mancala 11-29-2001 02:29 PM

My family does the Christmas gift exchange at my aunts house. Dinner is nice and everyone is excited. The problem arises when it is gift opening time. My aunt has split a pack of white knee socks amoung her 5 brothers for the past 2 years. It is the worst.

straightBOS 11-29-2001 09:53 PM

I gotta confess....

I have this aunt who has a litter. 7 kids, so its hard to buy gifts for all of them So, one year I decided a nice board game would be great. I had my eyes set on one of those special edition Monopoly games, like the Boston or New York versions with wooden pieces, etc.

Well, I never really looked into it, and Christmas was right around the corner. So I hopped my procrastinating butt down to the mall and bought... Outburst Junior.

Let's just say, that didn't go over to well....

Total Elegance 11-29-2001 09:54 PM

At my job last year my co-workers exchanged gifts. Well being that I was new, I didn't think they would get me a gift, but oh yes they did. :eek:
1. A co-worker gave me an "alleged" Christmas tree ornament. It was the size of your thumb. The "ornament" was made of cotton and this cotton thing had on a red and green yarn coat, hat, and scarf with a damn broken off toothpick for the nose....IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SNOWMAN......THAT CHEAP HEFFA!!! :mad:
2. Another co-worker gave me some blocks :( yeah some blocks and on each block there was a letter, put all the blocks together and it spelled Merry Christmas...ok what the hell I'm gonna do with some blocks? :mad:
3. The next co-worker gave me a ceramic candle holder in the shape of a mushroom. That gift was screaming cheap isht. She had the nerve to leave the price sticker on it too. It's still in the box along with those damn blocks.
4. Another co-worker gave me some cheap champagne, I think it was Champipple.

So to show my gratitude to everyone, I headed to the Dollar Tree and Dollar Mania and racked up on gifts. :p :cool:

Ideal08 11-30-2001 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Total Elegance
At my job last year my co-workers exchanged gifts. Well being that I was new, I didn't think they would get me a gift, but oh yes they did. :eek:
1. A co-worker gave me an "alleged" Christmas tree ornament. It was the size of your thumb. The "ornament" was made of cotton and this cotton thing had on a red and green yarn coat, hat, and scarf with a damn broken off toothpick for the nose....IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SNOWMAN......THAT CHEAP HEFFA!!! :mad:
2. Another co-worker gave me some blocks :( yeah some blocks and on each block there was a letter, put all the blocks together and it spelled Merry Christmas...ok what the hell I'm gonna do with some blocks? :mad:
3. The next co-worker gave me a ceramic candle holder in the shape of a mushroom. That gift was screaming cheap isht. She had the nerve to leave the price sticker on it too. It's still in the box along with those damn blocks.
4. Another co-worker gave me some cheap champagne, I think it was Champipple.

So to show my gratitude to everyone, I headed to the Dollar Tree and Dollar Mania and racked up on gifts. :p :cool:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheap heffa, blocks, champipple, ROTFLMAO!!!