GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Love of makeup thread (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=79916)

kddani 08-12-2006 04:18 PM

Love of makeup thread

We haven't had a good makeup thread in awhile.

I was a bad girl today, lol. Impulse buys at the Chanel counter... I have a new love! The only Chanel makeup i've ever had was a lipstick I bought when they did my makeup for a friend's wedding.

Here's what I bought:
Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow -got Lavende and Silvery

Sourcil Due Professionnel- Professional Brow Duo in Blonde

A shadow/liner brush

Aqualumiere sheer colour lipshine in Santa Barbara

The sales lady was so nice as to not tell me the total and to hide my receipt nicely wrapped under the tissue paper, bless her heart, lol. I would've bought more but I had to cut myself off. Their stuff is expensive but I love it!

What have you bought lately?

Scandia 08-12-2006 04:57 PM

Oooooh, make-up!

Revlon is my favorite brand. However, I buy Clinique foundation and powder because I can match them to my skin color better.

Last make-up product I bought was either a Revlon eyeliner or an Elizabeth Arden lip gloss. That is, if you do not count the many lip glosses I buy very often. I keep one in my purse, one on my nightstand, and one on my computer desk.

_Opi_ 08-12-2006 05:33 PM

I have the biggest hookup to Mac products.

My friend's sister is a chemist for Mac and gets all the products for cheap. Unfortunately, Law school took all my money so I have to wait a little bit before I buy next stock for the Fall.

Le sigh.

kddani 08-12-2006 05:45 PM

My favorite drugstore makeup buy: Cover Girl Wet Slicks lipgloss, particularly the crystals type. Great color and consistency, i'm addicted. I'm partial to the "crush" color.

tunatartare 08-12-2006 05:54 PM

*Nars blush in orgasm. I swear I haven't found a person whom that color doesn't look good on.
*MAC lipglass- amazing
*CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine

Tippiechick 08-12-2006 06:04 PM

I LOVE:

Prescriptives Match Stick foundation
Lancome Definicils (sp?) Mascara
Estee Lauder eye make-up
Lorac's ASHLEY lipstick (although it is no longer made)
DHC skincare - ANYTHING they make
Rimmel color trio in Orbit

KSUViolet06 08-12-2006 11:40 PM

*I'm addicted to MAC. I went up to the store last week and bought 3 lipglosses and a new concealer stick.

jadis96 08-12-2006 11:55 PM

Because I have skin issues (stress is sooooo fun) I am a Clinique girl these days. I mix it up on eyes and lips, but any foundation or skin care stuff is always Clinique.

chitownxo 08-13-2006 12:04 AM

I just got back from Sephora where I indulged my love of makeup thanks to a couple of gift cards. I got:

1). Benetint lip/cheek stain -- my favorite product in the entire universe! I'm addicted.
2). Hoola bronzing I'm also fond of Stila's lip glazes, Lorac's foundations, and smashbox's eyeshadows.
3) A couple of lip glazes from Stila in fruit punch, grape, guava
4) Lorac foundation
5) Benefit's Badgal eyeliner
6) Eyeshadow from Stila in amethyst and bouquet.

I really like being a girl!

tld221 08-13-2006 02:22 AM

im pretty low-maintenace. a couple months ago, Dior artists were dong complimentary makeovers at Sephora in Union Square. They used this foundation stick by Becca which amazingly matches my skin. i love it!

for some reason, im in love with the sephora brand lip glosses, especially #4. weird. maybe cause ive been getting by on this cheap lip gloss.

duphil 08-13-2006 07:39 AM

good day to you !!!

good day to you!!!

am from the philippines..just want to ask if there are delta upsilon members in your place or school..actually i do have friends here who are members of alpha phi omega..

Beryana 08-13-2006 07:47 AM

ARGH! I'm having issues (so I'm taking suggestions!). My skin has been freaking out (oilly, breakout, you name it!) and my makeup in disappearing - to the point that my mom asked me one evening why I wasn't wearing makeup anymore (I had put on foundation, powder, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, etc that morning).

I'm currently using Arbonne's basic skincare and I THINK it is helping my skin issues. I am, however, looking for a new foundation that will last but not be heavy, etc as well as mascara that does not cause my lashes to 'uncurl' and eyeliner that does not disappear. Oh, I also live in a small town and in town have access to Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, and Arden (as well as drugstore brands). If I drive 2 hours I can have access to Marshall Fields and 3 hours to Milwaukee have quite a bit more.

AOIIalum 08-13-2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221
for some reason, im in love with the sephora brand lip glosses, especially #4. weird. maybe cause ive been getting by on this cheap lip gloss.

Love Sephora lip glosses, liner pencils and waterproof mascara. Addicted to Bare Escentuals, especially the radiances and foundation.

Not necessarily a "makeup" but my new addiction is philosophy 3 in 1's. Love the Cinnamon buns and Amazing Grace of course. Latest purchase was Melon Daiquiri and it's heaven!

Kali-n-Kohl 08-13-2006 10:22 AM

i've become a mac worshiper. i love their stuff.

as for skin care, a while back i was having massive issues with my skin (break outs, oily, dry -- good fun) it was like I was going through puberty at 25. I found a really good site, www.acne.org. They have a great program for your skin.

I also like Aveda's products too.

KDDani- I am ITA with you on your Chanel products. They're awesome.

DSTRen13 08-13-2006 11:12 AM

I'm a big Bare Escentuals fan ... I hate to use any other kind of foundation - it's too "makeup-y" for me (I have sensitive skin), so Bare Minerals is really great. The Mineral Veil stuff is amazing!

I love the lip shimmers that Burt's Bees makes, and just recently discovered lip tints by the Savannah Bee Company at Bath & Body Works - love them! :D If I need to wear "real" lipstick for something, I use Revlon (the only one of the standard drugstore makeup companies that doesn't use animal testing on their products, from what I've read, and their stuff just seems higher quality to me).