GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   It must be nice to be in the SEC (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=48414)

SMSUBear 03-22-2004 06:32 PM

It must be nice to be in the SEC

Man, it must be nice to be in the SEC. You guys get warm weather (except for kentucky and arkansas, and even they get fairly nice weather), you all have a really strong greek system which is envied by all of the country, and to top it off you guys are home to the best football to grace the land (i.e. Iron Bowl and Florida vs. Georgia).

Is there seriously any drawbacks to going to an SEC school? From the outside it doesn't look like it, but I'd love to know if it's really as great is it seems to be.

SMSUBear

PhiPsiRuss 03-22-2004 06:34 PM

There are no drawbacks to attending an SEC school, until you realize that there is the ACC; the most prestigous NCAA 1-A conference ever. EVER!!!

carnation 03-22-2004 06:40 PM

I have 3 degrees from SEC schools. I have never regretted it and would say that the only drawback was that due to the schools' size, it was hard to get a decent schedule the first year. Otherwise:

WAR EAGLE!!!

WOOOO, PIGS! SOOIE!!!!

HAIL STATE!!!!

hottytoddy 03-22-2004 06:51 PM

Yes, the SEC is fabulous!!! I was in Oxford this weekend and the weather was gorgeous! It was 85 degrees and we went to the baseball game (we are now 18-1) and the went to Sardis Lake.

I love SEC...screw the ACC they don't have great weather in February & March ...or the Mannings.

Did anyone here know that Mississippi has more players in the NFL than any other state. And good ones to...Steve McNair, Brett Favre, Deuce McAllister...

SMSUBear 03-22-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carnation
I have 3 degrees from SEC schools. I have never regretted it and would say that the only drawback was that due to the schools' size, it was hard to get a decent schedule the first year. Otherwise:

WAR EAGLE!!!

WOOOO, PIGS! SOOIE!!!!

HAIL STATE!!!!

Arkansas, Mississippi St. and Auburn? I don't know about Auburn, but that's the only thing I could think of. There are lots of hog fans up here in Southwest Missouri. Sometimes I wonder if they even realize Missouri has a University too. Oh well, I guess it's the lure of the SEC.

I'm a Mizzou man (Mizzou-RAH!), but there is zero denying the fact that SEC is where football is best.

SMSUBear

Edit: Does it bother you that Favre went to Georgia? Just wondering.

hottytoddy 03-22-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SMSUBear

Edit: Does it bother you that Favre went to Georgia? Just wondering.

Um, Brett Favre went to Southern Miss...so no, it doesn't bother me...

Steve McNair went to Alcorn State...random school and turned out to be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL today.

SMSUBear 03-22-2004 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hottytoddy
Um, Brett Favre went to Southern Miss...so no, it doesn't bother me...

Steve McNair went to Alcorn State...random school and turned out to be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL today.

I was talking professionally, when he first played for the Falcons. My bad, I should have said that.

SMSUBear

PhiPsiRuss 03-22-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hottytoddy
I love SEC...screw the ACC they don't have great weather in February & March
Just for that comment, I hope that FSU plays Ole Miss in football, just so I can see your players leave the field on stretchers.:p

Speechpath 03-22-2004 08:03 PM

SEC is the best place to be! From all perspectives: football, weather, beautiful campuses and of course large, strong greek systems.

As we say at UGA, it's a place that gets in your blood and stays forever!

Go Dawgs!

southerngreek 03-22-2004 08:05 PM

GO ACC!!!!!!!!!!

The1calledTKE 03-22-2004 08:16 PM

Even though I am only about 9 miles from GA Tech, go SEC and go Dawgs!

CarolinaDG 03-22-2004 08:19 PM

Hmm... Drawbacks to the SEC...

Still thinking....

Wait, it'll come to me....

hmm....

I'll get back to you later on that one.

;)

GO COCKS!

hottytoddy 03-22-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PhiPsiRuss
Just for that comment, I hope that FSU plays Ole Miss in football, just so I can see your players leave the field on stretchers.:p
Oh please...Ole Miss was the only team this year who gave LSU a run for their money this year except Florida.

Also FSU got thier coach from the SEC :D

And OK, so we'll trade you the weather of Clemson and Tallahassee for Knoxville and Lexington.

AUDeltaGam 03-22-2004 08:24 PM

I love this thread!

WAR EAGLE!!!

hottytoddy 03-22-2004 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
I love this thread!

WAR EAGLE!!!

ME TOO!

HOTTY TODDY!!