GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   University of Mississippi Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=233605)

Loyally Kappa 08-18-2017 10:35 PM

University of Mississippi Recruitment

Classes start next week and folks are moving in all over town right now. Traffic is horrible in Oxpatch and I don't dare go to Walmart.

PNM Orientation is Sunday, August 27, 2017.

Convocation is Sunday, September 10, 2017.

Bid Day is Sunday, September 24, 2017.

FSUZeta 08-19-2017 08:46 AM

Hope the traffic calms down and Walmart can be used by the locals again. Keep us posted on sorority goings on, please.

SAMKD 08-19-2017 06:39 PM

LOL @ Walmart! We have had to go twice - it was bad, but not as bad as I thought it might be. Daughter is moved in and we can rest now. ��

carnation 08-19-2017 06:47 PM

Worst WalMart to try to navigate during campus move-in: the one in Statesboro, GA (Georgia Southern University).

NWguy 08-19-2017 08:22 PM

My cousin at UT-Austin ordered everything from Amazon, and I know a lot of students are doing that as well.

stef831 08-19-2017 08:25 PM

I am super excited for recruitment but sad my girl is missing it this year because she will be studying abroad in Switzerland & Morocco- she leaves Tuesday. She is so excited and I am too for all the new and amazing adventures she will have. I won't lie- I am also very nervous esp in light of all that has transpired this past week. I know she will be very careful and she knows all the do's and don'ts so I just have to trust in that. She is looking forward to meeting her new sisters in January!!! I can't wait to see all the bid day pictures on September 24th!!! Hotty Toddy!!!!

SAMKD 08-19-2017 08:58 PM

Yes, Amazon is a lifesaver. Several things are arriving at the DD's apartment next week - hooray for delivery that doesn't involve Pak Mail! Stef831, is your daughter a junior?

stef831 08-19-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMKD (Post 2438991)
Yes, Amazon is a lifesaver. Several things are arriving at the DD's apartment next week - hooray for delivery that doesn't involve Pak Mail! Stef831, is your daughter a junior?

Yes, sort of, she will be she is just a few points shy of being classified a junior. She will be after this semester.

SAMKD 08-19-2017 10:48 PM

I think mine is in a similar situation with 49 hours. She also wants to spend a semester abroad, but the two-semester chemistry classes are making it tricky....I hope your daughter has a wonderful time!!

Whoops, I stand corrected by the DD - 51 hours.

Loyally Kappa 08-20-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWguy (Post 2438983)
My cousin at UT-Austin ordered everything from Amazon, and I know a lot of students are doing that as well.

I imagine the cardboard recycling bins will be purt'well filled up by the end of next week.

SAMKD 08-21-2017 10:24 AM

Here's hoping the traffic has calmed and things are getting back to normal in Oxford. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

SAMKD 09-04-2017 08:23 PM

2 weeks!

Loyally Kappa 09-14-2017 09:44 PM

I haven't seen the numbers, since I've been busy. Anyone know how many PNMs are going through recruitment?

NYCMS 09-14-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loyally Kappa (Post 2441734)
I haven't seen the numbers, since I've been busy. Anyone know how many PNMs are going through recruitment?

I heard today that it's about 100 fewer girls than last year - around 1500.

NYCMS 09-20-2017 10:53 AM

Rush is full swing at Ole Miss this week. Today is a "break day" - the last two days were Philanthropy Days and tomorrow and Friday are Sisterhood days.

I've heard that many girls are handling the harsh cuts (due to Variable Quota) better than last year since they knew how brutal VQ made rush and last year it was a shock. I've also been told that some girls are therefore looking more closely at all houses, especially the many girls cut from the top 3 ((Tri-Delt, Chi O and KD) and who really thought they had a shot at one of those houses. This is good news since the first year of VQ left so many highly distressed, especially those without connections and those who had no idea how tough rush can be.

Good luck to all the PNMs and their moms who are watching nervously from home!