GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   19th edition of the Green Book (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=143652)

AGDCanada11 12-02-2016 07:21 PM

2016 - 21st Edition!

Here is the (2016) 21st Edition!

https://www.rit.edu/studentaffairs/g...compressed.pdf

FSUZeta 12-03-2016 07:59 AM

Thank you.

ForeverRoses 12-06-2016 03:43 PM

Um, the description of the AOII badge is incorrect...

JayhawkAOII 12-06-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverRoses (Post 2423997)

And that's not embarrassing at all considering an AOII will take over the chair in 2017.

chi-o_cat 12-06-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverRoses (Post 2423997)

It appears to be a copy-and-paste from the AEPhi badge description.

LaneSig 12-06-2016 07:41 PM

I swear on my honor as a Sigma Chi that I am not trying to stir up trouble or anything with what I'm about to say:

Do I understand that other sororities/women's fraternities are not allowed to see each other's presentations?

Titchou 12-07-2016 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaneSig (Post 2424007)
I swear on my honor as a Sigma Chi that I am not trying to stir up trouble or anything with what I'm about to say:

Do I understand that other sororities/women's fraternities are not allowed to see each other's presentations?

You are correct. Members of other NPC groups are not allowed to attend recruitment functions.

LaneSig 12-07-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2424026)
You are correct. Members of other NPC groups are not allowed to attend recruitment functions.

Are the presentations to the campus panhellenic considered a recruitment function?

Again, IFC guy just trying to understand.

clemsongirl 12-07-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2424026)

I understood that to mean that women from the other groups presenting at a campus could not attend a presentation? For example, when Clemson had extension presentations this past spring, I could attend all of them as an ADPi but the Pi Phi and AOII women who had presented couldn't attend the AGD women's presentation.

Titchou 12-08-2016 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaneSig (Post 2424032)
Are the presentations to the campus panhellenic considered a recruitment function?

Again, IFC guy just trying to understand.

No they are not. Members of PH are typically invited to attend extension presentations. Often they are open to any members who would like to attend as well as advisers for those groups. I've attended several over the years as an adviser. However, PNMs are not included.

Titchou 12-08-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemsongirl (Post 2424036)
I understood that to mean that women from the other groups presenting at a campus could not attend a presentation? For example, when Clemson had extension presentations this past spring, I could attend all of them as an ADPi but the Pi Phi and AOII women who had presented couldn't attend the AGD women's presentation.

It's unusual for the extension teams for other groups to still be on campus when another group presents. This is the first I've heard of that happening. We are always in and out when others are not there. But I would not expect to be in attendance at another team's presentation if I was a member of my group's official extension team.

DoctorD 12-08-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2424095)
It's unusual for the extension teams for other groups to still be on campus when another group presents. This is the first I've heard of that happening. We are always in and out when others are not there. But I would not expect to be in attendance at another team's presentation if I was a member of my group's official extension team.

No, it's more than that. Unless one is actively involved with a local chapter on a campus where extension is happening, a volunteer of an inter/national organization should not attend any other extension presentation.

An example - a volunteer of an inter/national organization who works on a college campus where extension presentations are happening should not attend those presentations unless it is for her own organization.

clemsongirl 12-08-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2424095)

Oh, I'm not saying they were still on campus at that point-they weren't. Just using an example I knew of recently that I had attended. Sorry for any confusion there!

irishpipes 12-08-2016 03:18 PM

Way back in 1996/7 when AOII presented at Northeastern State (OK), our entire extension team watched the AGD presentation, and vice-versa. Oops. (Of course then the PH immediately voted and within an hour we knew who had been chosen, so maybe the whole thing was crazy.)

DGTess 12-08-2016 05:04 PM

I guess I understand, but I don't like what it says about Panhellenic women.