GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   New to GC. Working to expand Pi Beta Phi at IPFW in Fort Wayne, IN (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=132888)

lily_green 03-07-2013 02:28 PM

New to GC. Working to expand Pi Beta Phi at IPFW in Fort Wayne, IN

Just looking for any connections with Pi Beta Phi. In order to being extension process, I need a lot of detailed info about Pi Phi to present to my school.

EDIT:
I am already well in to the process of expansion with my school. I understand the processes, and that it takes a lot of time and work. At my campus we have to profile a specific sorority, we chose Pi Beta Phi since it was here once. I was just looking to see if there was an alumnae association in Fort Wayne for the Pi Phi chapter that was here from 1974-2004. Also, any links to threads about Fort Wayne and Pi Beta Phi would be great as I do not know how to navigate this site very well.

glittergal1985 03-07-2013 02:56 PM

Are you a member of the sorority? In order to bring Pi Phi to your school, your school needs to be open for expansion. Additionally, Pi Phi has to want to be at your school. Unless you are a current member, I would be open to ALL sororities if extension is even possible at this time.

carnation 03-07-2013 03:04 PM

I'm a Pi Phi and I can tell you that first and foremost, the school has to want another sorority.

Titchou 03-07-2013 03:13 PM

The extension process is a very set procedure. The university PH has to go thru some steps to gather information from their members and the past several years of recruitment. Then they vote on whether or not to add any groups and how many. Then they notify NPC that they are open for expansion. Any NPC groups interested in that campus then submit packets to the Greek Life office. The college PH then reviews the packets and invites the ones they are interested in to present. After the groups present, the college PH votes on who to offer a spot to and in which order. The groups then either accept or decline.

The process is detailed in the NPC Manual of Information, aka The Green Book. Pi Phi HQ can supply you with a copy. It may even be on the web site

amIblue? 03-07-2013 04:08 PM

According to the excellent recruitment thread, NPC groups used to be on this campus, but aren't anymore, so there wouldn't be a college Panhellenic to vote on expansion.

Titchou 03-07-2013 04:14 PM

Then the school would have to decide to have Greek Life and then go thru the process.

33girl 03-07-2013 04:30 PM

You might want to contact the Panhellenic at IUPUI and ask them how they went about bringing NPC groups to the campus.

Also (unless you are an initiated member of Pi Beta Phi) you need to stop focusing on one NPC group in particular and start thinking about NPC sororities in general as an addition to your campus.

amIblue? 03-07-2013 04:44 PM

Pi Phi and DG used to be there until the mid 2000's