GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek History (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Possible Historical Forum?? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=133141)

badgeguy 03-20-2013 12:21 PM

Possible Historical Forum??

Since that other thread about a new forum was deleted....which is fine....but I wanted to post something about the discussion of a possible Historical Thread.

There were a couple notes about moderators thinking about this and wanted to find out if there are real plans, and is there a date soon when one will open?

Thanks.
BG

AZTheta 03-20-2013 01:50 PM

Please add my voice in support to the creation of a "history" forum! I'd venture to say it would be supported by a variety of our members. It would be a good location to have threads on research, for example.

John, I assume you'll let us know when you are ready to launch so we can make a party.

I only liked the other thread b/c it was humorous to read the dude and his buddy flouncing around, and I suspect that it must have gotten kind of really off the rails since it's not around. Whatever!

Personally am enjoying the evolution of GC and looking forward with anticipation to the next chapter.

NutBrnHair 03-20-2013 01:51 PM

Ditto!

MysticCat 03-20-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTheta (Post 2209075)
I only liked the other thread b/c it was humorous to read the dude and his buddy flouncing around . . . .

Wait, his buddy? I missed the appearance of the buddy, and I guess I'll never see it now.

Meanwhile, on board with the idea of a history forum!

nyapbp 03-20-2013 02:12 PM

I, too, think it's a terrific idea!

AZTheta 03-20-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticCat (Post 2209078)
Wait, his buddy? I missed the appearance of the buddy, and I guess I'll never see it now.

Meanwhile, on board with the idea of a history forum!

Oh man, you really missed out, MC - the friend was a doozy. I don't know how his head fits through any doors (that's how inflated his self-opinion was). :rolleyes:

TriDeltaSallie 03-20-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTheta (Post 2209083)
Oh man, you really missed out, MC - the friend was a doozy. I don't know how his head fits through any doors (that's how inflated his self-opinion was). :rolleyes:

Well, phooey. The first over-the-top thread around here in weeks and I missed it completely. ;)

MysticCat 03-20-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie (Post 2209084)
Well, phooey. The first over-the-top thread around here in weeks and I missed it completely. ;)

I know. This is when I wish a thread had been locked rather than completely obliterated.

Oh well.

naraht 03-20-2013 03:20 PM

Count me in!

Kevin 03-20-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticCat (Post 2209086)
I know. This is when I wish a thread had been locked rather than completely obliterated.

Oh well.

Whatever has been done can be undone. I would recommend if this is what you want to see that you address any reasonable requests to the mod of the forum the drama went down in and see what they're willing to do.

pktcougar 03-20-2013 03:59 PM

Historical forum would be great

MysticCat 03-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 2209102)
Whatever has been done can be undone. I would recommend if this is what you want to see that you address any reasonable requests to the mod of the forum the drama went down in and see what they're willing to do.

Oh, It's not that big a deal. I just hate to miss the excitement, and sometimes the excitement comes and goes very quickly.

AZTheta 03-20-2013 06:21 PM

Hey MC - here's a snyopsis (my version): koBE flounces a couple of times. I think you caught that. Goes off to another forum someplace and wahwahwah about us. Friend comes here, sets up an account, and chews on us, tells us what a great guy koBE is, how tech savvy, etc. and how stupid we are (esp. the Coke-Pepsi analogy, not sure if he mentioned WalMart, skimmed his posts b/c he had diarrhea of the fingertips), told us what a great debater he was, yadayadayada, I was like "Oh. Wow. What kind of person writes "I am a great debater"? Really? This is ridiculous! It's like these guys are in 7th grade, let's have an argument and we are gonna have the last word. Then I thought: no thank you" and I went out with my friends and lots of dogs because it was a perfect evening! We played in the park, we had gelato, I missed stock club. Oh well.

The end.

Kevin 03-20-2013 06:31 PM

That said, a historical forum sounds like a good idea.

ms_gwyn 03-20-2013 06:37 PM

I am all for a Historical forum!