GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Can you pledge another sorority within the NPHC? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=226)

BabyGyrlTiffanee 05-22-2000 03:18 PM

Can you pledge another sorority within the NPHC?
 
What if I (hypothetically :rolleyes http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gifpledged Zeta and changed my mind, for what ever reason, and wanted to pledge Delta? I changed schools and went to a Delta information meeting and filled out an application, etc. Is there anyway of the members there finding out that I pledge another sorority, i.e. a national database of all NPHC members? If anyone has ever done this, how did you explain the change to friends, and family?

BabyGyrlTiffanee 05-22-2000 03:19 PM

I forgot the other colon http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif, LOL.

Quote:

Originally posted by BabyGyrlTiffanee:
What if I (hypothetically :rolleyes http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gifpledged Zeta and changed my mind, for what ever reason, and wanted to pledge Delta? I changed schools and went to a Delta information meeting and filled out an application, etc. Is there anyway of the members there finding out that I pledge another sorority, i.e. a national database of all NPHC members? If anyone has ever done this, how did you explain the change to friends, and family?

ZetaAce 05-22-2000 03:25 PM

NO, you can't pledge both. That is part of the Bylaws of the NPHC. If you do it and you get caught you will get kicked out of both of the organizations. There's no NPHC database of members, but remember the old adage: It's a small world after all!!

Brandee 05-22-2000 03:29 PM

Hypothetical, yeah right. Did you try and do this for real? If so, please tell us why?

BabyGyrlTiffanee 05-22-2000 03:34 PM

NO, but I know someone who claimed to have done this. I know for a fact that she pledged ZETA and she did transfer schools and when she came back she was sporting crimson and cream and saying she was now a DELTA. Like I said, she did pledge ZETA here at my school for sure, was very active here with the Zeta's so, I think she is telling the truth about her being a Delta now.

Quote:

Originally posted by Brandee:
Hypothetical, yeah right. Did you try and do this for real? If so, please tell us why?

gypsy 05-22-2000 04:48 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This lady actually did this? Do you think that she could actually be true to either org. i seriously doubt it. It's like a relationship....she's playing them both and eventually it will catch up with her. That is really unbelievable. Do any greeks know if this is possible? http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif

BabyGyrlTiffanee 05-22-2000 05:09 PM

All I know is that she said Zeta wasn't for her and Delta is her true calling and she wanted to leave it like that. She also said, she was never a true Zeta because it wasn't in her heart. But, like I said, she did PLEDGE ZETA. Is this an excuse to pledge another sorority because you realized it "wasn't in your heart" http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif
Quote:

Originally posted by gypsy:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! This lady actually did this? Do you think that she could actually be true to either org. i seriously doubt it. It's like a relationship....she's playing them both and eventually it will catch up with her. That is really unbelievable. Do any greeks know if this is possible? http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif

tickledpink 05-22-2000 05:30 PM

I've never heard of this before. If she did so, it was done in dishonesty and she'll get caught. Let me ask you this, when you say she "pledged" Zeta, was it something unofficial, or did she actually complete the MIP process for Zeta Phi Beta, and then complete the MIP for DST?


------------------
>>>"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised... Proverbs 31:29-30

PinkPanther08 05-22-2000 05:39 PM

SKEEEEEEE WEEEEEEE to my Pretty in Pink Sorors!

I know of a situation where this happened. A young woman became a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and when she transferred to another school in a different state she became a member of zeta! When she was found out the chapter of AKA sent a photo of her stepping with AKA and both or the sororities kicked her out and had her expelled!

Anyone who would do this is just weak.


BabyGyrlTiffanee 05-23-2000 09:27 AM

Yes, she did. I went to her coming out and everything. She was a member of Z PHI B first. LIke I said she was a very active part of the Zeta family here. I am confused why she did what she did, but she didn't want to discuss it.

Quote:

Originally posted by tickledpink:
I've never heard of this before. If she did so, it was done in dishonesty and she'll get caught. Let me ask you this, when you say she "pledged" Zeta, was it something unofficial, or did she actually complete the MIP process for Zeta Phi Beta, and then complete the MIP for DST?




AKAtude 05-23-2000 12:50 PM

I've never heard of this happening before, but I suppose it is possible. However, I'm sure that the dishonest deed will eventually catch up to them. If you know about it, then there is no telling who else knows about it as well. Remember the saying: Loose lips sink ships.

PositivelyAKA 05-26-2000 02:41 PM

that is so crazy, but it goes to show that some are in it for less then noble reasons and shouldn't be greek at all.

Ghostface-Killah 05-27-2000 02:13 AM

All I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!

prettygyrl 05-28-2000 03:27 AM

I am not greek although I am going to attempt it during the new school year. I also know that I have known my sorority of choice for over two years now. I absoulutely do not beleive that you could go through the entire process of becoming a part of one org and then decide it is not right for you. If that is what she is telling you then she is nuts! I beleive that a woman develops a deep love and respect (at least I have) for her org. even before she pledges. If this is true then know matter what school you go to you will always have these feelings. This girl is not only untrue to these orgs. she is untrue to herself. It pains me to know that people are doing this. Most of the greeks that are in their orgs. worked hard to get where they are and even harder to maintain their memberships and keep their orgs. actively involved in the community and I think for someone to come along and play games or attempt to make a mockery of them is ignorant ass hell and I hope she gets caught. I wish everyone would do their research and and make sure that they are picking the right org. You have to love your org. and stand by it no matter what. If I am chosen to be a part of my org. of choice...... I could transfer to fifty schools in fifty different countries and it will always be the right one for me! I am sure most feel that way! Someones need to to school that girl on love, respect, and loyalty. If someone EVER told me they did something like that I would do anything I could to aid in her getting caught. Sisterhood an Service is not a game it is a serious lifetime commitment.

Finer Woman10-A-91 06-03-2000 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PositivelyAKA:
that is so crazy, but it goes to show that some are in it for less then noble reasons and shouldn't be greek at all.

AGREED!!!!!
It also makes you wonder about the motives of someone who would actually post such detailed information about an ISOLATED incident that is CLEARLY (unless you are sleeping under a rock) illegal.

http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif OF COURSE ITS NOT LEGAL...AND TO BE PERFECTLY STRAIGHT FORWARD ITS AN ACT OF COWARDICE, AND THE ACT OF A PERSON WHO HAS MAJOR IDENTITY AND SELF ESTEEM ISSUES...TO COMMIT SUCH A HEINOUS AND SELFISH ACT.

I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE INCIDENT OF DISCUSSION AND YES...THIS POOR LOST SOUL WAS EXPELLED FROM BOTH ORGANIZATIONS.

Another spin on this, in the 50's one of my elder Sorors told stories of how girls from other sororities at Howard would come and beg to be initiated into Zeta because their sorors treated them so bad. Personally, I think it's SICK. And I am GLAD that Pan-hell has STRICT rules against such practices today.

~too bad flogging is NOT legal~



[This message has been edited by Finer Woman10-A-91 (edited June 03, 2000).]


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.