GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   A Call to Action: ALL NPHC, NIC, NPC ( am I missing anyone) (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=16334)

Finer Woman10-A-91 03-22-2002 01:43 PM

A Call to Action: ALL NPHC, NIC, NPC ( am I missing anyone)

We have been in a eye opening discussion in the past couple of days about UNITY. And I think its fair to say we have come to an understanding across the greek world...specifically in the BGLO community.

Since this issue is bigger than hip hop...oops, i digress...( I need a new stereo) I am making a call to action for our entire Greek life community to make a concerted effort to NOT bash or subtley dig on these boards anymore :p And if you do dig, expect a PM to swiftly come to your inbox.

Moving forward, I want everyone here to say at least 1 nice thing about a sister greek or brother greek who is NOT a member of your organization...and they can not be a family member or close relative.

If you do not have "other" Greek friends who are not relatives, post something positive about another organization that you really like.

I will go first. I want to shout out my Sister NPHC members.

SGRho: I love your Eye Glasses for the needy project. I thank God for the blessing of good vision.

DST: You really did a great job taking the Delta Academy to the next level. There is one across the street from my previous resident. Mentoring is a good thing!

AKA: Your Fashionetta project is lovely...cotillions are a wonderful way to boost esteem in our young girls.

I appreciate all of the Greek communities efforts in providing opportunities to serve our community at large. Here's to you!
(((((((((((NPHC, NIC, NPC and all of the others I may have missed unintentionally))))))))))))

*That was a cyber hug for all of you cyber newbies;)

Peaches-n-Cream 03-22-2002 02:11 PM

This is a good idea for a thread! My college roommate joined Alpha Phi so I know a little bit about that esteemed organization. Alpha Phi built the first sorority house in the nation, called the inter-sorority meeting that resulted in the formation of the NPC, and had the first website of any NPC. Great job, ladies! :D

squirrely girl 03-22-2002 02:15 PM

i guess i'll go next. i'm a transfer student at a school that doesn't have my sorority. but i'd like to give kudos to the three lovely chapters on that campus - alpha delta pi, alpha sigma alpha, and chi omega- for making me feel welcome and like i'm still a part of the greek community.

marissa

RockChalk 03-22-2002 02:45 PM

When I was a Student Ambassador, I met a lot of wonderful ladies who were in sororities - an SDT, a Theta, and a few AXOs. I'm glad I got the chance to meet them, or else I'd never have thought about joining a sorority.

justamom 03-22-2002 03:11 PM

To my DG's DZ roommate-what a sweetie!
If all the new initiates are as sweet as this girl, they have "done themselves proud!"

TriSigmaTX 03-22-2002 03:46 PM

As a professional in the Greek Life world I meet Greeks of all walks of life, Don't leave out the MGC groups!
I'll start there: I didn't even know of KDChi till a few years ago, what a great up and coming latina sisterhood!

Just had lunch with a friend from DG yesterday, what a great organization.

I'm gonna have to give a shout out to TKE. What a very respectful group of men nationally. They make me feel so special and cared for when I'm near any of them.

In the NPHC world, to my friend Ed, who's an Alpha Phi Alpha...thanks for opening my eyes to your world. Great men!

And to the Farmville Four, I love all of you...we have all come so far.

Tri Sigma's new slogan: "Ever Forward"

Silverblue 03-22-2002 04:01 PM

I'd like to commend Sigma Kappa on its philanthrophy emphasis on gerontology and Alzheimer's disease. My grandfather had Alzheimer's, and my beloved aunt, for whom I was a caregiver, had a related dementia. It gives me hope knowing the international strength of Sigma Kappa is contributing to research funds in this area.

SoTrue1920 03-22-2002 04:47 PM

Big ups to Alpha Gamma Delta and Sigma Gamma Rho

I have a couple of "kudos" I'd like to offer:

Kudos to Alpha Gamma Delta : I've been researching your "Junior Circle" and think it's an excellent program that bridges the gap between collegiate and alumnae responsbilities for your members. I've never had the pleasure of personally knowing any AGDs, but if the way you represent on Greek Chat is any indication, you're a great group of ladies.

Kudos to Sigma Gamma Rho: I've long admired the women in your sisterhood, and I'm especially impressed by the Project Mwanamugimu Essay Contest, because anything that furthers the knowledge about the African continent is alright in my book. All of the Sigma women I've had the pleasure to know have been of exemplary character, and were great people.

carnation 03-22-2002 05:45 PM

Mmm, let's see...

I have to salute Zeta Tau Alpha for their great work with breast cancer!

Also Alpha Kappa Alpha for the outstanding work they're doing with young women in this community!

And the Chi Omegas and the Kappa Kappa Gammas for their strength in turning aside recent challenges and succeeding!

And a big hug to
Zeta Phi Beta at Jax State for continuing to send us such outstanding Girl Scout camp counselors! Please send more!

Finer Woman10-A-91 03-22-2002 06:55 PM

Re: Big ups to Alpha Gamma Delta and Sigma Gamma Rho

Quote:

Originally posted by SoTrue1920
I have a couple of "kudos" I'd like to offer:

Kudos to Sigma Gamma Rho: I've long admired the women in your sisterhood, and I'm especially impressed by the Project Mwanamugimu Essay Contest, because anything that furthers the knowledge about the African continent is alright in my book. All of the Sigma women I've had the pleasure to know have been of exemplary character, and were great people.

Okay...I wanted to post about that Sigma Gamma Rho program too Soror...how come I could not remember how to spell Mwanamugima? LOL...Great program indeed!

TechAPhi 03-22-2002 10:33 PM

Great idea!

In no particular order, here are my kudos...
  • To Alpha Gamma Delta and Gamma Phi Beta, the other two members of the "Syracuse Triad." What you have accomplished over the years is truly inspiring.
  • To TechADPi, whom I have never met, but who I can say is one of the nicest Greeks at Texas Tech. The Texas Tech Alpha Delta Pi's are great women who exemplify all that is great about being Greek.
  • To the ladies of the Atlanta-area Alpha Omicron Pi Alumane Chapter. I saw a huge group of AOII alumnae having a meeting at a restaurant one day, they talked and laughed and enjoyed sorority sisterhood, proving that Greek membership is not four years, but for life. When I went out to the parking lot nearly every car had an AOII sticker on it--what a great representation of their sorority.
  • To the FIJIs at Texas Tech who did a Valentine's Day service project with us, benefitting pediatic hospital patients. The FIJIs are great guys.
  • To Sigma Nu for its beautiful, poetic, and inspiring creed .
  • To the Phi Delta Thetas at Texas Tech who have been the epitome of grace under pressure. They've had their house broken into, vandalized, and flooded (!), and have faced some other difficult challenges. They've handled it with class and dignity.
  • To Delta Tau Delta at Texas Tech for working so hard to bring Delta Tau Delta back to TTU. To date these amazing guys have raised over $Ê$1,200,000 to build a new house. They have an awesome chapter website and are roaring back at Texas Tech. I am so impressed with the way they have been able to galvanize their chapter and their alums.
  • To all the GC'ers who were kind enough to offer support when my cat died:

-- amycat412
    -- NinjaPoodle
    -- mmcat
    -- greeklawgirl
    -- SoCalGirl
    -- SATX*APhi
    -- lauradav

I know, I know, the last two are Alpha Phis, but I have to thank them too.
  • To all the wonderful Greeks and non-Greeks on GC (very few exceptions!). You've all enriched my understanding of your respective groups and taught me the meaning of unity among brothers and sisters.
  • To Finer Woman10-A-91 for suggesting this topic. You're so right, we should be building each other up, not tearing each other down.

UMgirl 03-23-2002 12:12 AM

Sisterly love to Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi Beta (SyracuseTriad) Much luv for all the accomplishments and initatives that they have in their successful organizations.

Alpha Delta Pi- For being the creators of a wonderful idea that gives us so many great women's greek organizations today.

Alpha Kappa Alpha- For everything they stand for and for helping me out in college.

Delta Sigma Theta's on this board- Thank you for showing what DST sisterhood is really like.

Sigma Chi's, FIGI's, LXA's, & TKE's- Just because I love ya.

To my AXO, Tri-Delt, Theta, SDT, A-Xi-D and Kappa girls at my old school job- Love ya much and we all proved that greeks can get along outside their houses.

DeltaGamma- For being so concerned about one of my sisters who had a serious incident occurred to her during their Anchor Splash, last year and helping out as mcuh as they could. (To all the greeks at UM at the event who made her feel calmer, by giving her a standing O as we left for the hospital)

Locals- For not taking anyones crap about how they aren't a National and doin' their thing.

Finally to Chi Omega- For all the BS their org. has taken from certain idiots and keeping their heads up and still going strong.

12dn94dst 03-23-2002 09:28 AM

Recognition & Thank Yous

where do i begin...ok, I'll do my general sout outs first:

A HUGE Thank You to the members of ALL the NPC organizations for all the discussions & explainations about Rush and Alumna Status after college. As a Black woman who joined an NPHC Sorority at an HBCU I was CLUELESS. Thanks for expanding my view of the Greek world.

As ALWAYS, much love and respect to my NPHC Family. Remember we are just that. We don't have to LIKE each other all the time, but we MUST and we WILL LOVE each other.

Now on to the folks who have @ some point or another brightened my day or made me think. They are (in no particular order):

KABillyMac
James
33girl
PnguinTrax
Ideal08
AKA2D91
BobbyEarl
TheOriginalApe
equeen
Artimis
OhTeenieWahine
DoggyStyle82
PrettyKitty
Zetaphied
Carnation
AXOAlum
AlphaGam1019
Blutheatrics
UMGirl
ZChi4Life
Finer Woman10-A-91
ZetaAce
OneOneTwo
Everyone who came to the BBQ on DST Blvd. ;) :p

And a whole bunch more that I cannot think of right now. Charge it to my head, not my heart.

Love you all!

LeslieAGD 03-23-2002 09:39 AM

Much Triad Love to Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi Beta; our "big sisters."

Recognition to Chi Omega and Zeta Tau Alpha...these sororities are not represented on my campus, however they have made strong names for themselves nationally and, of course, here on GC.

Also, to Lambda Chi Alpha on my campus and here on GC.

:)

AGDLynn 03-23-2002 09:48 AM

To Gamma Phi Beta..I had never heard of your organization until I met some of your wonderful sisters here who are intstrumental in starting an alumnae panhellenic chapter! I know that the next President (Chi O) will be just as dynamic!

To Pi Beta Phi...(hope I got that right, lol) and Delta Zelta. Carnation and DX93 are the first that I have ever met and I thank them for their support of Greeklife in their towns!

To Delta Gamma, Sigma Nu and Pike, cause my sister-in-law and brothers are (even though they aren't active these days).