GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Fleur-de-lis and Broken Keys (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=55190)

ISUKappa 08-10-2004 04:29 PM

Fleur-de-lis and Broken Keys

In an effort to get some more activity on our board, I thought I'd start something fun. At the end of our formal chapters we had a fun little thing called Fleur-de-lis and Broken Keys. Basically it was just a way for girls to let the whole chapter know about good (and bad, but not too bad) things that had happened to them that week. It was also a fun way to give snaps to sisters for something nice they had done to another sister. Soo..... I'll start.
---------------------
Fleur-de-lis for having our first Alumnae Association meeting of the year tonight and [hopefully] having a good turnout!

Broken Key for WAY oversleeping this morning and being an hour late to work (among other things)

MSKKG 08-10-2004 06:10 PM

Good idea, ISUKappa!

Fleur-de-lis: Actually, this didn't happen to me, but my son made the Varsity swim team for his high school.

Fleur-de-lis: I will go to the Kappa house tomorrow and get a little recruitment fix. Workshop is going on this week, so I'll get to see everyone. I'm taking the chapter some gifts, too.

Broken Key: Again, this didn't happen to me, but my dog has another ulcer, in his left eye this time, that will probably require surgery (by a doggie ophthalmologist no less!).

ISUKappa 08-10-2004 06:47 PM

Yay! Somebody wants to play! :)

And they can be about anything or anyone. A common one at our house was broken key for crow poop all over our cars! :p

Fleur-de-lis for someone letting me know today they want to help with our Advisory Board!! :)

kappameg 08-10-2004 07:42 PM

such a cute idea!!!

fleur de lis : moving back to school on August 28th!! ( i miss my friends there!!)

broken key : moving back to school on August 28th!! ( i'll miss my friends here!!)

oh well... life is bittersweet! LOL :D

sherbertlemons 08-10-2004 11:38 PM

Fleur-de-lis: The start of work week!

Fleur-de-lis: Finally showing up around the GC Kappa forum again.

Broken Key: Forgetting my Disney ID in the locker room, thereby setting off hours of drama.

Shima-Mizu 08-11-2004 02:33 AM

Fleur-De-Lis: Applied for my first credit card today.
Fleur-De-Lis: My next karate belt test is next Tuesday.
Fleur-De-Lis: Finished updating stuff that I'm able to update for the Kappa page, now I just have to wait on other people to give me the last of the stuff I need... (i.e. calendar and such)
Broken Key: Had to get a filling today.
Broken Key: I'm up way too late tonight (but finally going to sleep now!)

kappaloo 08-11-2004 09:11 AM

Fleur-de-lis : I've been a good girl and working out almost every day - I can feel my strength and endurance increasing already! :D
Broken Key : Some of you may know I'm having issues at my job. :(

ISUKappa 08-11-2004 11:01 PM

Broken Key for it being 50 degrees outside right now. That is simply TOO COLD for August in Iowa!!

Fleur-de-lis for having a good first two days of work week for my girls. :)

kappaloo 08-13-2004 04:37 PM

Broken Key My arms are sore from working out.
Fleur de lis: Yay for working out!
Fleur de lis: Talked to my bosses today, and it sounds like they're really going to work on making sure I'm content in my job!

ISUKappa 08-13-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kappaloo
Fleur de lis: Talked to my bosses today, and it sounds like they're really going to work on making sure I'm content in my job!
Oh Hooray!!! :D

ISUKappa 08-25-2004 10:07 AM

broken key for going to bed tooooo late last night and being really tired today.

fleur-de-lis for both Iowa and Iowa State Kappa chapters making quota through formal recruitment!!! Beta Zeta (Iowa) is above total with 122 girls and is the largest house on campus, numberswise. :)

LuvUTrulyKKG 09-01-2004 01:09 PM

broken key Leaving my parents, lil sissy, and friends at home...

fleur-de-lis ...to move back to school, spend time with my boyfriend, and SEE MY ETA ALPHA SISTERS!

I am spending some time at Georgia Southern before I move back to Furman and I may stop by the Kappa house here! :)

KerriMarie 09-01-2004 05:38 PM

Fleur-de-lis - getting a JOB and moving to Massachusetts!
Broken Key - Massachusetts is COLD and I hate snow!

Shima-Mizu 09-02-2004 02:39 AM

fleur-de-lis: roomie and me got a rug for our floor
broken key: but the curtains we brought don't block light and we need to return them

ISUKappa 09-02-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KerriMarie
Fleur-de-lis - getting a JOB and moving to Massachusetts!
Broken Key - Massachusetts is COLD and I hate snow!

Hey, congrats on the job!! :)