GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   PR Idea! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=110333)

Nervousmama 01-15-2010 07:48 AM

PR Idea!

Hello Sisters!

I am a Kappa from the So Cal area and I arranged a chapter shirt exchange for the chapters in my area. I invited the UCR, UCLA, USC, UCSB, CSUN, UCI, and the Pepperdine chapters to participate. Though I didnt get a response from the president or PR chair of UCLA or UCSB (I believe it is because they were in midst of their recruitment period... and we all know how hectic that is ;) ), all the other chapter's PR chairs collected shirts from their house. Girls put their names and the event name (philantropy, date party, bid day, etc) on the shirt they were going to exchange.

After I exchanged them, I took them back to the PR Chairs and they passed out the shirts to the girls within their chapter. It worked out well and I really recommend other chapters (with kappa chapters nearby) to do it as well.

Province does it each year. This is an awesome way that allows Sisters know what other sisters nearby are doing. I got a UCR Philantropy shirt from a sister and I'm hoping to go to that philantropy next year when they do it again :)

Just an idea I wanted to pass along to any other PR chairs. I was going to write "The Key" about it and send in pics with the girls and their new shirts, but finals came around and... you know how that goes :p.

AZTheta 01-15-2010 09:13 AM

*crash* this is a great idea and obviously was very successful... mind if I pass it on to the chapter I advise?
(back into my own lane now...)

xomanadaxo 01-15-2010 01:04 PM

*crash* I love this idea!! Would you object if I, too, suggested this to my chapter? We have a TON of KD chapters near my college...this sounds so fun! What a great PR idea!!!!
/crash

LucyKKG 01-15-2010 06:28 PM

That is super cool! Maybe I'll tell the PR Chair at my undergrad chapter! (Eta Mu at UCSC). Ohhh I don't know who it is now cause they just changed positions. Must find out! I guess we could do UCSC, Santa Clara, Berkeley and Stanford.

Nervousmama 01-15-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTheta (Post 1885474)
*crash* this is a great idea and obviously was very successful... mind if I pass it on to the chapter I advise?
(back into my own lane now...)

OF COURSE, AZTheta and xomandaxo! Feel free to pass around the idea to your chapters. Glad to help. :)

Nervousmama 01-15-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyKKG (Post 1885616)
That is super cool! Maybe I'll tell the PR Chair at my undergrad chapter! (Eta Mu at UCSC). Ohhh I don't know who it is now cause they just changed positions. Must find out! I guess we could do UCSC, Santa Clara, Berkeley and Stanford.

YAY more Kalifornia Kappa's. wooo hoo :)