GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Social (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm sure this has been done before, but... (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=35322)

GPhiSweetiePie 06-20-2003 12:31 PM

I'm sure this has been done before, but...

I'm too lazy to do a big search and I'm just bored/curious...

If applicable, what GLO is your "significant other" in? :)

CutiePie2000 06-20-2003 01:05 PM

Re: Re: I'm sure this has been done before, but...

Quote:

Originally posted by That1LoudChick
I However, you seem to go under the stereotype that people in GLOs only date each other.
I would have to respectfully disagree. She made her post with the proviso: "If applicable".

GPhiSweetiePie,
To answer your question, I am single right now, but in the past, the men that I dated who happened to be in a GLO were Dekes, Betas, Fijis and Kappa Sigs. I also met an AEPi from ASU about 9 years ago but I am single right now (and I was a GDI at the time, actually for all of them).

Naturally, I have also dated GDI's.

axotiger 06-20-2003 01:13 PM

Let's see I'm currently dating an APO[service] which threw my friends a bit since I used to just hang out with social fraternities... since the term 'dated' is kinda vague... i'll define it as 'i've been talking to' [i know that's vague too]... i've 'dated' a delta chi, lambda chi, pike, sigma pi, and sigma chi.. oh and pi kappa phi

aephi alum 06-20-2003 01:15 PM

I'm reading "if applicable" to mean (1) you have an S.O. and (2) s/he is in a GLO.

My husband is not greek... but he is a Mason, does that count? :)

Ginger 06-20-2003 01:24 PM

My boyfriend is a Pi Kappa Alpha, as you can probably tell from my sig :)

The only two other greek guys I've dated were another Pike (from the same chapter... eek!) and a Sigma Chi. The rest were independents.

GeekyPenguin 06-20-2003 01:50 PM

A guy I dated seriously in high school is now the president of his Phi Kappa Tau chapter. My late boyfriend was a SigEp. In between them, I dated two Independents - one was a GDI until graduation, and the other is just too busy with sports and his campus has a weak Greek system.

houstonchica 07-03-2003 05:03 PM

My husband was a Pike pledge in the early 80's but was never initiated. His grandfather was a Pike at UGA. My dad was a Pike too (he's deceased) at UNC-Chapel Hill in the 50's. I want to know if all Pike's are so cute and jocky!!! LOL :D :D :D

AXWhoah 07-03-2003 05:09 PM

My boyfriend is a Phi Kappa Psi. And he is coming to visit me in 5 days! Whoo hoo!

FAB*SpiceySpice 07-03-2003 05:35 PM

I am currently single but all the guys I have dated since I've been in college have strangely enough been greek. There's been a FIJI, a Lambda Chi, and a Delta Tau Delta. There have been other guys that I've just been "talking to" (who knows how to define all this crap anymore :) ) and they too have all been in greek houses. Mainly FIJI, Sigma Nu, Delta Sig, Phi Kap, and AKL. And they have all been fun wonderful guys! :)

SigkapAlumWSU 07-03-2003 07:34 PM

The guys I'm currently seeing is a Kappa Sig.

I think the only other Greek that I've dated was a Beta, but almost all my close male friends are greek.

jharb 07-03-2003 10:33 PM

The guy I'm currently "dating" (it's not officially dating...I'm not really sure what we are officially anymore) is a Kappa Sigma.

Other greek guys I've dated were in Sigma Chi, Lambda Chi (two different Lambda Chi chapters though!), and other Kappa Sigmas. One was actually the president (high alpha) of the Lambda Chi Alpha chapter when we were together! :D

Jess

Jadey28 07-03-2003 11:02 PM

My boyfriend of three years is a Zeta Beta Tau. He's the only Greek I have dated. And I think that's why we are still together...because we understand one another just that much more.

jamesta5 07-03-2003 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jadey28
And I think that's why we are still together...because we understand one another just that much more.
i think that's so cute! it must be nice to understand each other!! my bf is GDI and he just rolls his eyes whenever i say the words "my sorority"! lol ;)

OUlioness01 07-04-2003 12:05 AM

if dated is what you would call it...more like i've "talked" to or been on dates with a member of Alpha Epsilon Pi, Theta Chi, Phi Kappa Theta and Phi Delta Theta.

AchtungBaby80 07-04-2003 01:11 AM

I always say I've never actually (meaning officially) dated a fraternity man, but I just realized that that's not true--a guy I used to date was a Pi Kappa Alpha, but at a different school!