GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Theta Nu Xi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Bonjour ladies of theta nu xi multicultural, Inc!!! :D (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=114915)

GsuRT11 07-23-2010 08:55 AM

Bonjour ladies of theta nu xi multicultural, Inc!!! :D

Good morning!!!
How is everyone summer going!? I know I'm ready to be done with summer classes...2 more weeks!
I was googling multicultural Inc sororities after reading a threat about a copycat of TNX and was surprise to see the numerous sororities that embrace multicuturalism!! So my question for all the sisters of TNX, Inc is if u had a choice between various sororities (who has multicuturalism has a pillar) what made you pledge TNX!? If not, how did u come across TNX!?

Wishing everyone a marvelous day ^.^
A bientot!

MasTNX 07-23-2010 08:35 PM

Before I met any of my sorors, what impressed me about Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc was the professionalism and growth. It was (and is) obvious from the website that this is a well thought out organization. My first thought was that if the founders wanted the letters to look like the word ONE then they could have named the organization Omicron Nu Epsilon, but the fact that they didn't, made me intrigued. The consistent growth of the organization, especially the numerous GAP chapters, also impressed me.

When I met my sorors, I was impressed with their collective sisterhood and who they were individually. Most of all, I felt like I fit. Lucky for me, they thought so too!

dreamseeker 07-24-2010 04:26 PM

Like my Soror above, I was blown away by the level of growth that Theta Nu Xi had achieved by the time it was 11 years old (when I was an interest). I wanted to be in a multicultural organization because I wanted to be surrounded by and learn about different cultures, as I am someone of two different cultures. When I first became an interest, I had vague notions of community service, sharing similar ideals, and sisterhood. I also had a very large focus on the sterotypes of being Greek: rocking letters; and displaying "swag" through stepping, emergences and other functions. My chapter demonstrated what it truly meant to be a Theta Women, and to be Greek. They worked hard and lived our tenets everyday. I was impressed and I knew it was the right choice for me. My eyes were truly opened to the important things and I was now less interested in the superficial.

I did my research and in my eyes, no other multicultural organization could live up to the standards that my chapter and my org as a whole embodied. So I started my journey to become a Theta Woman and was initiated into my chapter a little over a year ago. :)

GsuRT11 07-25-2010 09:47 PM

I am not currently affiliated with any sororities, but I have been researching for an organization that would let me embrace the cultures that I have gotten the chance to learn and live by. At my campus, Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc is the only multicultural (that welcomes all ethnics) organization. So I was intrigue to find out, if Theta sisters had a choice between two or more other multicultural sororities, what attracted them to Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. I personally was really impressed by its history, organization (great websites, loved the events) and growth nationwide, as well the Theta sisters I got to meet and converse with.

dreamseeker 07-26-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsuRT11 (Post 1958751)
I am not currently affiliated with any sororities, but I have been researching for an organization that would let me embrace the cultures that I have gotten the chance to learn and live by. At my campus, Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc is the only multicultural (that welcomes all ethnics) organization. So I was intrigue to find out, if Theta sisters had a choice between two or more other multicultural sororities, what attracted them to Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. I personally was really impressed by its history, organization (great websites, loved the events) and growth nationwide, as well the Theta sisters I got to meet and converse with.

that's always good to hear. :) all the best in your pursuit.

GsuRT11 07-27-2010 07:23 AM

Thank you dreamseeker! I hope everything goes smoothly starting fall, theta nu xi multicultural Inc has been my choice for almost two years :)) Have you ever gotten the chance to converse with any of the founders!?

preciousjeni 07-27-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsuRT11 (Post 1959374)
Have you ever gotten the chance to converse with any of the founders!?

Out of curiosity, are you talking about the Zeta Chapter founders of the Founding Monarchs (national)?

dreamseeker 07-27-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsuRT11 (Post 1959374)
Thank you dreamseeker! I hope everything goes smoothly starting fall, theta nu xi multicultural Inc has been my choice for almost two years :)) Have you ever gotten the chance to converse with any of the founders!?

i have. :D

GsuRT11 07-27-2010 07:58 PM

I was referring to the Founding Monarchs and as well as the Chapter Founders.

preciousjeni 07-28-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsuRT11 (Post 1959662)
I was referring to the Founding Monarchs and as well as the Chapter Founders.

I asked because I joined through the Xi Epsilon Chapter in Atlanta and was heavily involved with the Zeta Chapter before I moved to New York. The Zeta Chapter founders are phenomenal.

GsuRT11 07-28-2010 08:08 PM

Awesome!! Is it a part of the organization yearly event to meet the founders (chapters founders and/or founding monarchs)!? It's amazing that sisters of theta nu xi multicultural sorority Inc may or do get the opportunity to meet and/or engage in a conversation with hightly respected role models/founders of the organization :-D
Dreamseeker: did u have any specific question(s) when you met them!?
I have met a sister from the GAP chapter of Xi Epsilon, she was very so insightful.
Preciousjeni: if I may ask you, are they or do u feel like there is a difference between joining through the GAP and the undergrad chapter other than the requirements!?

preciousjeni 07-28-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsuRT11 (Post 1960182)
Awesome!! Is it a part of the organization yearly event to meet the founders (chapters founders and/or founding monarchs)!? It's amazing that sisters of theta nu xi multicultural sorority Inc may or do get the opportunity to meet and/or engage in a conversation with hightly respected role models/founders of the organization :-D

Members often get a chance to meet the Founding Monarchs at our annual conventions as well as other events. They're active in GAP chapters as well, so they go to their own chapters' events.

Quote:

I have met a sister from the GAP chapter of Xi Epsilon, she was very so insightful.
Who was it that you met?

Quote:

Preciousjeni: if I may ask you, are they or do u feel like there is a difference between joining through the GAP and the undergrad chapter other than the requirements!?
The process is the same and there is no difference except that GAP chapters function a little differently than undergraduate chapters.

GsuRT11 07-29-2010 05:51 PM

I met Natrina, the current treasurer of Xi Epsilon, this summer on campus at GSU Incept. I love how she was interacting with the upcoming freshmen.

preciousjeni 07-29-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsuRT11 (Post 1960713)
I met Natrina, the current treasurer of Xi Epsilon, this summer on campus at GSU Incept. I love how she was interacting with the upcoming freshmen.

Natrina was (is) one of my prophytes. ;) She is a born leader and a tremendous worker. What a great woman to meet!

dreamseeker 07-30-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsuRT11 (Post 1960182)
Dreamseeker: did u have any specific question(s) when you met them!?

nah, i was just simply star struck. I met 2 of them and a chapter founder a few weeks after I crossed, and met another at convention. i was just so happy. :)