GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   My COB story! Follow along. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=227477)

berumotto 03-24-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berumotto (Post 2429247)
Now, my internship is over, and COB is starting up! There was one sorority that I really liked during formal, and I am planning to rush them when they hold informal in early April. I should note that they did not pref me-- I don't know if that matters. Informal recruitment here is very casual-- the sorority advertises the events, and anybody can come.

In my initial post, I did mention that the events were open. Perhaps I could have made it more obvious?

Thank you so much to everyone wishing me well. I appreciate the support!

berumotto 04-08-2017 02:12 PM

Hi all!

Took some time off to focus during midterms, but I'm back with updates!

The dinner with a sister did not happen. She had to reschedule, but ultimately did not contact me for another time. I'm disheartened, and it's difficult not to read too much into this. :(

However, I did receive an email this weekend about ABC's COB events. The first one will be tomorrow: a two hour Meet-n-Greet! I plan on attending, but I'm hoping for more luck this time around.

berumotto 04-11-2017 04:41 PM

Guys, I have a BIG update.

Yesterday, I received a call that I AM BEING OFFERED A BID!

When I got the call, I could scarcely believe it. I had only met these girls a few times, and while I had a great time at the Meet-and-Greet with ABC this weekend, I had no idea this would happen. But it did! The sister who called me said that the sisters liked speaking to me and really saw me as part of their sisterhood.

:):):):):)

AZTheta 04-11-2017 05:03 PM

*doing the happy dance for you*

FSUZeta 04-11-2017 05:38 PM

Great news! Congratulations!

clemsongirl 04-11-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berumotto (Post 2430189)
Guys, I have a BIG update.

Yesterday, I received a call that I AM BEING OFFERED A BID!

When I got the call, I could scarcely believe it. I had only met these girls a few times, and while I had a great time at the Meet-and-Greet with ABC this weekend, I had no idea this would happen. But it did! The sister who called me said that the sisters liked speaking to me and really saw me as part of their sisterhood.

:):):):):)

I'm so happy for you! Obviously I'd like to know where you ended up, especially if you're sisters with me, but if you choose not to share that information I'll still be thrilled:)

berumotto 04-11-2017 07:42 PM

Thank you all so much for the support!

The reason I have not disclosed the name of my chapter is, well, I haven't accepted my bid yet!

While I would have loved to accept it yesterday, I knew I needed to think through the financial and time management aspects of being in a sorority. The ABC sister was very understanding, and said she would give me time. Additionally, she said that there is one more ABC COB event this week, and that if I still felt unsure, I was welcome to attend and meet more sisters.

Sciencewoman 04-11-2017 07:46 PM

I hope you figure out a way to make it work. This is a lifetime opportunity, and I'd hate to see you have regrets down the road if you declined. If you can make the financial aspect work, I would accept the bid. Not everyone has to go to everything...you can probably make the time management work.

thetalady 04-12-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berumotto (Post 2430225)
Thank you all so much for the support!

The reason I have not disclosed the name of my chapter is, well, I haven't accepted my bid yet!

While I would have loved to accept it yesterday, I knew I needed to think through the financial and time management aspects of being in a sorority. The ABC sister was very understanding, and said she would give me time. Additionally, she said that there is one more ABC COB event this week, and that if I still felt unsure, I was welcome to attend and meet more sisters.

Huh?? I am confused. I sort of thought you had done this part BEFORE participating in rush again.

honeychile 04-12-2017 06:15 PM

So happy that the ball's in your court! Hope you can make a way to make it happen for you!

berumotto 04-12-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2430268)
Huh?? I am confused. I sort of thought you had done this part BEFORE participating in rush again.

It was something I had thought about before, yes! But I didn't find out until yesterday what exactly dues were, and how ABC manages required events and fines (I actually did NOT know you could be fined for missing events-- I should've made an account on this website months ago!) But, I did work it out with the sisters I spoke to.

So, tonight... I ACCEPTED MY BID!
Which means I am now a member of...

Wait for it...

DELTA GAMMA!!!

clemsongirl 04-12-2017 11:17 PM

Congratulations!!

honeychile 04-13-2017 11:39 AM

Congratulations! May you always feel the DG love, long after you graduate!

DGTess 04-13-2017 02:35 PM

Welcome, sister.

for hope. for strength. for life.

Sciencewoman 04-13-2017 04:44 PM

Congratulations!