GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alpha Delta Pi (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   ADPi Roll Call (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=23589)

azureblue 09-16-2002 03:49 PM

ADPi Roll Call

I saw this on the Alpha Gamma Delta page, and I thought it would be fun to do!

1. College or University
2. ADPi Chapter
3. Collegian or Alumnae
4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
5. Why you joined ADPi
6. Favorite ADPi memory
--------------------------------------
1. The University of Kansas

2. Tau Chapter

3. Alumnae, May 2002:)

4. Rho Chi, Head Rho Chi, Greek Ambassador, Spirit Chair & Social Chair.

5. I loved ADPi during recruitment because the women were so genuine, and I could truly be myself. I was so comfortable there!

6. I have to pick just one memory? My favorite was Blue and White day my freshman year when all of us received letters from our parents. In our chapter, the class below us started a new tradition this year...they had our parents do the same thing for us right before graduation! It was so amazing. Black Diamond Formal as a senior was also the icing on the cake!

Loyally,
azureblue

Alpha Delta Pi....First. Finest. Forever.

kayla_adpi 09-16-2002 09:06 PM

1. The University of North Alabama
2. Zeta Eta Chapter
3. Collegian
4. none as of right now
5. When i was in the ADPI Room i felt so much more comfortable and that i could be myself. The women were so nice and I wanted to be a part of the strong sisterhood that I saw.
6. Wow....I have so many.......but as of right now i would have to say the recruitment we just had the end of august. it brought us all so much more closer together. :)

violets 09-17-2002 02:49 PM

azureblue:
This is a great thread, thanks so much for "borrowing" the idea from the lovely Alpha Gams.

College or University-Northeastern Chapter at a large school

Collegian or Alumnae -- I'm a proud alumna of ADPi.

ADPi and Panhelleic positions held--Assistant Rush and then Rush Chair, Corresponding Secretary, Homecoming Chair, Pride Leader...those are what I remember from my collegiate experience.
As an alumna I've served as Recruitment Advisor, ADPi Alumnae Association President, and Panhellenic Representative.

Why you joined ADPi -- I loved it from the very first moment I walked into the room the first night of rush. It felt so exciting and peaceful at the same time. The women were incredibly intelligent, funny, motivated, well-traveled, articulate, beautiful, ambitious...everything I admired.

Favorite ADPi memory--Practically too many to talk about. I honestly loved chapter meetings, and when I was first initiated, I was in awe of the Seniors and Juniors talking about taking their MCATs, LSATS and GREs.
I loved serving as Rush Chair, I was not perfect, I made mistakes in terms of managing my resources correctly, but I did it in a "safe" environment where I was able to learn from what I did. As an alumna I can take my experience and actually help some other woman through the same thing.
I loved, loved, loved winning Greek Week my Junior year of college! That is such a fun memory, I had written a lot of our skit, which blew everyone away and we took the Greek Week crown from the sorority who had won it the previous 4 years in a row (and were notorious cheaters)! That was such a fun day!

Thanks for this thread!
violets
P.S. I know I'm vague about the details of my experience (which chapter and what not,) but I had a bit of an identity theft problem a few years ago, so I'm always cautious about the information I give out. I know it's probably silly, but it make me feel a bit better.
:)

ADPi~Ally 09-17-2002 06:27 PM

Here is mine...........

1. California State University-Sacramento
2. Eta Mu Chapter
3. Collegian
4. Scholarship Chair currently
5. I joined ADPi because I felt at home with them and I could be myself. They were truly warm, geniune and nice. They were "real" They wanted to get to know you and share the wonderful bond of sisterhood with you. They are not only my friends, but are my sisters :)
6. I have so many. One of them was the letter from my mom read to me by my Diamond sister after Initiation. It was very emotional. I still get misty eyed evey time I read it. Another one was on this past Sunday, where we did an Alphie pass. It made us all cry. It made our bond as a chapter even stronger.

Ally

PS I'll let you know how recruitment is going for us. It ends today :)

nauadpi 09-18-2002 03:43 AM

1. Northern Arizona University
2. Epsilon Xi
3. Alum
4. While I was a collegiate I was the Webmaster (3 years), Scholarship Chair (2 years) and Recruitment Information Manager (1 year)
5. Well I did not plan to join a sorority, but my roomate had gone through formal recruitment and had lots of fun. So I decided to look at some of the sororities. Well I went to a karaoke night that adpi was putting on, and fell in love with the girls. They were willing to be themselves and make complete fools of themselves. It was great. Right away I knew I was right at home and 2 days later I recieved a bid.
6. I would have to say my favorite adpi memory was my candle passing. Both my diamond sisters wrote poems for me and read them. I couldnt keep from crying. It also wouldnt have been my chapter if they had not dropped my engagement ring when they tried to put it on the candle. That night reminded me how much I really do love everyone in the chapter so much. Ok...now I am going to start crying thinking about it.

edited because it was really dated...

sweetie adpi 09-18-2002 02:18 PM

yay ally i can't wait to hear!

violets 09-18-2002 05:33 PM

Ally:
Can't wait for an update, I'm sure you guys did beautifully!
violets

lisadpi 09-19-2002 12:15 PM

The University of West Fl
ZE

Alumnae Spring 2002

Asst. MEVP, Asst. Soical Chair, Guard, Scholarship, RIM, Asst. Rush Chair, Pride Leader, Greek Week Chair
I joined because I felt so comfortable when I first meet the girls. I knew right when I walked in the room, this is where I belonged and I have made some of my closest friends in ADPI. I love my chapter and miss them.
WOW!!! I have so many memories, but my fondest memory would have to be when I meet my alpha mom. I could tell by looking at her that she was what ADPI was all about and I knew I wanted to be just like her and accomplish what she had in such a short time. I love you Bridget...Your the best alpha mom ever!!

I have learned so much from ADPI that I will always carry with cherish. ADPi has made me who I am today.
Pi Love and Loyally, Lisa

Jhawkalum 09-19-2002 02:00 PM

1. The University of Kansas

2. Tau Chapter

3. Alumnae, May 2001

4. Rho Chi, Website designer

5. My first memory of ADPi was being rushed by two girls, both of whom were wearing these huge engagement rings. It just happened that the two girls who were getting married happened to talk to me that day -- I had never felt so young and immature! My diamond sister rushed me all week and we became pretty close.

6. Some of my favorite memories are just getting ready to go out with my friends on Friday and Saturdays. A bunch of us who were really tight lived in the basement our junior year (one of whom was AzureBlue) which made us even closer! Some of my favorite memories were from Spring Break when 30 of us went to Panama City Beach -- too much to say about it. It was also great being a Rho Chi and seeing some of my favorite PNMs join ADPi!

honeychile 09-22-2002 08:11 PM

Re: ADPi Roll Call

Originally posted by azureblue
I saw this on the Alpha Gamma Delta page, and I thought it would be fun to do!

1. College or University

University of Pittsburgh
2. ADPi Chapter
Alpha Iota
3. Collegian or Alumnae
Alumna
While active: Activities Chair, Asst Rush Chair, Pledge V-P, Rho Chi. Since then, I've served as our Alumnae Chapter Treasurer (that was pretty bad!) and Chapter Advisor.
5. Why you joined ADPi
I was a KKG legacy, and had several Kappa friends (including my high school boyfriend's sister!). I was totally shocked when, the very first time I stepped foot in the ADPi Suite, I knew this was where I belonged!
6. Favorite ADPi memory
So many, but one that sticks out is reading the "Loyally" books while preparing the new pledge addendum, while my little sis played the piano! It's a very peaceful moment, and as y'all know, it can be pretty chaotic in a house! :eek: That, and being tapped as the first Rho Lambda (Order of the Omega) on campus!

Edited to change something that I should have been more honest about from the start. This was one of my first posts, and I really didn't have a grip on GC at the time.

ADPiViolets 11-08-2002 01:38 AM

1. College or University
Oakland University

2. ADPi Chapter
Zeta Upsilon

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Collegian

Assistant Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Greek Council Rep., and hopefully New Member Coordinator *keeps fingers crossed*

5. Why you joined ADPi
I had always heard of the bonds sisters share in a sorority, and I wanted to be a part in it. As soon as I entered ADPi's room, I felt so loved, so close to these women after only a few moments. Never, would I ever have imagined just how strong and amazing those bonds would become.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
I have two...
the first, was when I was initiated... enough said. :)
The second...
Skiing with my little Diamond sister, Carrie. Somehow, we skiied off in the wrong direction, away from the ski lifts, and had to WALK UP the hill. After multiple rests, and eating some snow to quench our thirst, we finally made it to the top. She is my best friend, now, and I can't tell you how many times we've thought back to that memory and laughed.

ADpiSWT 12-11-2002 06:50 PM

Southwest Texas State University
Epsilon Zeta Chapter
Sophomore

I joined ADPi because I knew from my brother that they were respectable girls. I also knew several girls from my high school that were older and they always seemed to be very nice and genuine.

My favorite ADPi memory is all of the car trips with my best friends. I hate driving, but when I am with my sisters it makes the time go by so much faster!

soccerbabe42 03-04-2003 03:41 PM

1. California State University Fullerton

2. Zeta Alpha

3. Collegian

4. I just got initiated in the spring but I am involved in Greek week sports, social comm, extention comm (we are getting another sorority on campus), and lots of things going on

5. I actually ADPi during greek week and I witnessed the greatest bond of sisterhood i had ever scene and i knew i had to be apart of it....I even had to Transfer to this school to join.

6. my favorite memory so far is the first night i moved into the house my room mates and i went to TJ. We danced until the sun came up

valpogal99 03-04-2003 04:21 PM

1. College or University:
Valparaiso University

2. ADPi Chapter
Eta Psi

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Alumna

Recruitment V.P., Pride Leader, and am pursuing some Alumnae Positions. Currently on House Corp.

5. Why you joined ADPi
It was a good group of ladies who where in the sorority for the right reasons. It gave me the chance to serve as an officer and create sisterly bonds of friendship.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
Road trip to St. Louis for District Workshop from Valparaiso (45 miles SouthEast of Chicago). We were a colony at that time so most of our chapter went to the workshop. It was a great time! On that note, thank you to all the chapters who sent t-shirts in 1998 to us! We really appreciated it! :D

polarpi 03-12-2003 11:53 PM

1. College or University:
Valparaiso University

2. ADPi Chapter
Eta Psi

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Alumna

Spirit chair, co-music chair, MEVP, Recording secretary, Historian, Pride leader

5. Why you joined ADPi
These girls were the absolute sweetest ones around (and they still are!!!) I felt so comfortable from the first day of walking into the chapter room, and I still feel comfortable even after graduating and returning for occasional visits.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
The time that I drove around NW Indiana at 2 in the morning with four other sisters. We went and saw the silo that looks like a "beer can", drove near corn fields (where the Children of the Corn were waiting), and enjoyed each other's company. I have many other favorites, but I think that one is the ultimate one!