GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Recruitment Shirt ideas... (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=84926)

ΑΓΔSquirrelGirl 02-24-2007 11:19 PM

Recruitment Shirt ideas...

Me and another girl are supposed to work on picking out Recruitment shirts for all the girls, and the Recruitment team shirts...can someone tell me what the shirts they gave out look like? I'm especially looking for a theme or slogan to put on them. Thank you!!

KSUViolet06 02-24-2007 11:30 PM

Are you talking about Bid Day shirts?

ΑΓΔSquirrelGirl 02-24-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1403218)
Are you talking about Bid Day shirts?

Yeah, for the PNMs.

KSUViolet06 02-24-2007 11:46 PM

Bid Day shirt thread from the Tri Sigma forum (you can adapt some of the slogans you like to fit AGD):
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ghlight=shirts

AGDLynn 02-24-2007 11:50 PM

GTau's were very very cute this year.

They were bright yellow and had 3 cartoon drawings of classy girls.

The Tag Line was "Introducing Our New Fall Line":cool:

KSUViolet06 02-24-2007 11:54 PM

http://www.greeku.com/pmanager/design_gallery.php

I did a quick Google search for "bid day shirts" and I found this Greek store that has a design gallery of Bid Day shirt designs. You could easily design your shirt based on some of these cute ones here, or use a quote from one of those shirts and create your own design.

These were some past slogans from Bid Day at my school (you can change them to say AGD of course):

"Forget diamonds, Sigmas are a girls' best friend." (ours)

"Who says you can't always get what you want?" (Delta Zeta)

"Alpha Phi Couture 2005" (like the Juicy Couture shirt)

"Come see our new collection. DG & Co." (Delta Gamma)

"This is the house, these are the girls, this is the time of your life." (Tri Sigma spring 2006)

"Nothing beats a DZ girl." (DZ's spring shirt from last yr)

ΑΓΔSquirrelGirl 02-25-2007 04:24 PM

Thanks y'all! I wasn't clear...sorry...:o ...I meant a Bid Day shirt non-specific...like for the girls to wear while they wait to get their bids on bid day. But I definitely checked that stuff out and am sending a few of those to our vp recruitment for Alpha Gam...thanks!

LOVEinZTA 02-25-2007 09:36 PM

my old chapter did a "zeta couture" with bunnies on either side of the shield, really cute!

The Kappa shirt with the Kodak symbol was really cute, and of course I liked the "If you build it, they will come" Field of Dreams shirt with the picture of the house (but probably because my mom was a huge Kevin Costner fan)!

And I always like the baseball style shirts where the middle part is one color and the sleeves are another, those always mek cute bid day shirts too because you can put the year as the number on the back and things like that.

ASUADPi 02-25-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ΑΓΔSquirrelGirl (Post 1403412)
Thanks y'all! I wasn't clear...sorry...:o ...I meant a Bid Day shirt non-specific...like for the girls to wear while they wait to get their bids on bid day. But I definitely checked that stuff out and am sending a few of those to our vp recruitment for Alpha Gam...thanks!

Since it's non specific....

My recruitment shirt from 1998, on the front (which you could omit) had a puzzle peice and it said the chapters name (spelled out) and on the back it said University of Arizona Fall Rush (you could change for your school and that was when it was still called rush. LOL.), it had the puzzle pieces with the chapters letters in them, and it said "No matter what the letter we're all Greek together".

If you's like I could take a picture of the back of my shirt with my digital camera, so you can see it. Just let me know. :D

adpiucf 02-26-2007 01:02 AM

It helps if you have a theme for Panhellenic Recruitment. Do you? Or is it just a generic "Panhellenic Recruitment 2007?"

Examples:
Are you the missing piece of the puzzle? (puzzle pieces with all of the sorority names on them)
Oh the Places You'll Go (Dr. Seuss theme)
Follow the Yellow Brick Road (wizard of oz theme with sororitiy names on yellow bricks)
Your Passport to Sisterhood (each sorority name/symbol looks like a passport stamp on the shirt)
Hollywood (Sorority Names) Walk of Fame
No Matter the Letter, We're All Greek Together
Individually Unique, Together Complete
Simply the Best

Etc.

Hope this helps.

EGAOPi 02-27-2007 01:26 PM

Like ASUADPi, my school also had a puzzle piece theme last year...the shirts were bright blue with hot pink puzzle pieces.
Front: Bid day 2005
Back: Puzzle pieces with the sorority letters in them...
at the bottom: "Find your missing piece."

This past year was a cowgirl them...I'm actually wearing the shirt right now! :)

The shirts for the PNMs were white with brown and pink writing...the shirts were brown with white and pink writing for the sisters, Panhellenic Exec, etc.

Front: Sorority Recruitment (written in a font that looks like ropes with a picture of a cowboy and cowgirl)

Back: "Friends come and friends go, but sisters stay forever..."
-then a picture of the cowgirls roping in all these hot pink balloons that have the chapters' letters in them-
then at the bottom of the shirt "A heart don't forget something like that." -Tim McGraw
"Bid Day 2006"

AlphaFrog 02-27-2007 01:33 PM

(Inspired by EGAOPi's sig)

You could have the front say PHC Recruitment 2007 and the back say "Changed for the better" and the sororities on pink tiaras and witch's hats.

daydreamer1112 03-09-2007 06:29 PM

I love all the creative shirts!

SigmaPezY60 03-11-2007 03:06 PM

My chapter, Sigma Psi Kappa @ NJIT, has done:

-Sisters Are Forever: purple shirt with silver diamond with our letters accross it in pink. underneath was the slogan. on the back we had a smaller diamond with our website underneath.

-from Greek101 "When I fall down My Sisters are always there to pick me up": It was a little girl sitting with her skiis up in the air. This was for Spring rush in January/February so we did winter themed events.

-"Not Your Average Sorority": On the front we had a cartoon version of our mascot, the white tiger. Underneath was our sorority. On the back was a big paw print with our slogan inside it.

-"Full of angels...One hell of a sorority": Black shirts with our Letters on the front in baby blue. a halo on the top corner of the Sigma and the angel part of the slogan underneath. Flames on the back with the 2nd part of the slogan.

lately they've been really into doing brands. I'm not sure what the shirts looked like since I'm not active anymore.
-Snapple..."Made from the Best Sisters on Earth": Sigmas in the snapple font on the front.
-Converse "Sigma Psi Kappa All-Stars"
-Snickers "Interested? Why Wait?! Be a Sigma!"

dgdramadawg 03-11-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog (Post 1404636)
(Inspired by EGAOPi's sig)

You could have the front say PHC Recruitment 2007 and the back say "Changed for the better" and the sororities on pink tiaras and witch's hats.

Which would be awesome for the girls who have seen Wicked... but I can totally see some girl from some house not understanding why some of the chapters got to be tiaras and the others were witch hats...