GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Should I pledge an NPHC sorority even though I am graduating this semester? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=103977)

uclaplaya2 03-24-2009 06:55 PM

Should I pledge an NPHC sorority even though I am graduating this semester?

I am graduating this semester and I was sort of rushing for an NPHC sorority cause it was something I have always wanted to do. However, Now that I got an invitation I don't know if its worth doing this while I am in my last semester of college? Is it worth doing this whole process when I am graduating in less than 2 months?

Unregistered- 03-24-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclaplaya2 (Post 1793632)
I am graduating this semester and I was sort of rushing for an NPHC sorority cause it was something I have always wanted to do. However, Now that I got an invitation I don't know if its worth doing this while I am in my last semester of college? Is it worth doing this whole process when I am graduating in less than 2 months?

QFP.

knight_shadow 03-24-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Fraternities and sororities are not just college groups. If you got an invitation, you should know that.

DIVA1177 03-24-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Hell yes. Then again...if you have to ask that question, maybe you really don't want to be in that sorority. As a sisterfriend let me tell you it does NOT get any easier. If you got an invite, take it.

AKA_Monet 03-24-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight_shadow (Post 1793640)
Fraternities and sororities are not just college groups. If you got an invitation, you should know that.

;)

Quote:

Welp, tell us which Sorority invited you and we will be happy to tell you if you should go for it!!!

'Cuz we can only guess which school you attend... LOL...

Oh here's a site that would LOVE to assist you in this decision!!!

knight_shadow 03-24-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclaplaya2 (Post 1793704)
I dont know want to say which Sorority it is, but its definitely a good sorority. I just want to make sure if it worth doing all this hard work during my last semester of college then after finishing the process only really having 2 to 3 weeks of being an actually member.

WTF? Which one of the NPHC sororities is a "bad" one?

KSUViolet06 03-24-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

I dont know want to say which Sorority it is, but its definitely a good sorority. I just want to make sure if it worth doing all this hard work during my last semester of college then after finishing the process only really having 2 to 3 weeks of being an actually member.

So are you only considered a member of a sorority while IN SCHOOL?

Color me surprised.

I guess I'd better turn my pin and my letters in now, because I haven't actually been a member for 2 years now in that case.

knight_shadow 03-24-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 (Post 1793707)
I guess I'd better turn my pin and my letters in now, because I haven't actually been a member for 2 years now in that case.

You haven't been an acutally member. That's the correct way to say that sentence.

/sarcasm

IlovemyAKA 03-24-2009 11:35 PM

Do them a favor. Don't join.

NinjaPoodle 03-24-2009 11:42 PM

AKA_Monet 03-25-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Ummm... That really wasn't a question meant to be answered publicly...

So much for discretion! http://www.pledgepark.com/images/smilies/jumping.gif

uclaplaya2 03-25-2009 01:18 AM

I understand...I just wanted to know cause I am going to NYU for grad school, so I didn't know if I should just wait until I start graduate school in the fall, or just do it as an undergrad. I apologize if I disrespected anyone, didn't mean to cause any trouble

AKA_Monet 03-25-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclaplaya2 (Post 1793814)
I understand...I just wanted to know cause I am going to NYU for grad school, so I didn't know if I should just wait until I start graduate school in the fall, or just do it as an undergrad. I apologize if I disrespected anyone, didn't mean to cause any trouble

Ohhhh!!! Grad school at NYU for what? Just asking? :)

uclaplaya2 03-25-2009 01:28 AM

For Film Making and Africana Studies. I am really excited

AKA_Monet 03-25-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclaplaya2 (Post 1793817)
For Film Making and Africana Studies. I am really excited

How come those 2? What makes you excited?