GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Delta Delta Delta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Delta Roll Call (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=51853)

DolphinChicaDDD 04-10-2005 09:26 PM

*bump*

if you are new, please introduce yourself.

We need to get a mod so that we can yellow sticky note this at the top of the forum...

DancinTippy 04-11-2005 10:46 PM

Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Alumna
Chapter: Epsilon
Something Unique about your Chapter: The women who make up the chapter are unique and beautiful.
Offices You Hold/Held: VP Chapter Development, Secretary/Reference chair
Favorite Memory: an april fool's joke my best friend and I played on all of chapter
AOL IM: Meghan566

UKTriDelt 04-13-2005 12:55 AM

Chapter: Delta Rho (Univ. of Kentucky)
Office: none as of now, but still very involved!
Something Unique about your Chapter: Oh gosh, that's hard to say! I'm not sure about historical facts that are unique, but for our philanthropy event we hold "Frats at Bat," a baseball tournament for the boys that everyone on campus attends! We're definitely one of the TOP sororities at UK, and I'm proud to wear those Deltas!!
Favorite Memory: Greek Sing was one of my favorite memories... we put so much time and effort into our dance routine and costumes, and it was such a thrill to be on stage with all of my sisters in front of thousands of people!!
AOL IM: UKAli18

LSUTriDelta4 04-18-2005 04:26 AM

Active
Chapter: Delta Omega
Offices: Sponsor chair, Asst. Activities Chair.
Interesting Fact: Our chapter is the largest (and toughest to get into...) chapter at LSU! Obviously we all love it and stick with it all 4 years!
Also, the set designer for the Dukes of Hazzard movie got the "sorority house" ideas from our house!

Favorite Memory: The random scavenger hunt with the 1st floor girls vs the 2nd floor girls! So fun!

lake 05-16-2005 03:20 PM

Chapter: Gamma Chi
Office: none as of now, but looking forward to jumping in this fall.
Something Unique about your Chapter: The women are beautiful and gracious and remind me that Tri Deltas everywhere are kind and are also beautiful inside and out!
Favorite Memory: Initiation - I've never heard more beautiful words!

DolphinChicaDDD 05-16-2005 11:29 PM

Welcome Lori! I read your story and think its so awesome you are our sister!! I was gonna send a PM soon if you didn't come to our lil' forum!!

Ya know what I'm wondering, why do we have so many sister who post like 5 times then stop comming on? How come some of us get addicted and some people just drop off. ::shrugs::
At least we got this stickied at the top of the forum now;)

lake 05-21-2005 06:13 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I meant to say hi sooner but I don't have regular access to a computer for the time being.

Anyway, I'm proud to be your sister...I feel I've always been a Tri Delta, it just recently became "official". And I'm thrilled about that!! :)

AnnieC 05-26-2005 11:26 AM

Hello everyone! I'm new here!

Status (New Memeber, Acitve, Alumna): Alumna
Chapter: Beta Tau
Something Unique about your Chapter: We didn't live in sorority houses at Baylor.
Favorite Memory: I was simply just so excited to get a bid from Tridelta! Also, I really loved visiting local projects on Wednesdays, where we would play with the kids.

sugar and spice 05-31-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lake
Thanks for the welcome! I meant to say hi sooner but I don't have regular access to a computer for the time being.

Anyway, I'm proud to be your sister...I feel I've always been a Tri Delta, it just recently became "official". And I'm thrilled about that!! :)

I'm being nosy again -- but if you don't mind telling us, where did you rush for underground?

(It's just the "Minnesota" thing that's making me so curious! I went to the U of M for my freshman year of college, and while I didn't rush there, I have a handful of friends currently in the Greek system. If that's where you rushed, I'd love to chat with you about the system there -- even if it was years ago! And if it wasn't Minnesota, well, I'm still nosy -- haha.)

lake 06-03-2005 04:29 AM

I PM'd you, S&S!! And no, I don't think you're being nosy...I'm flattered that someone cares!! :)

I did rush at the U of M my sophomore year, but I never graduated from there.

It's such a small (Tri Delta) world...

chelly 07-08-2005 09:28 PM

Staus: Collegiate
Chapter: Phi Beta
Something Unique About Your Chapter: Umm...i'll get back to you!Offices Held: Don't know them all!
Favorite Memory - Getting initiated
AOL IM: OhNoItzChelly

ARalum 08-23-2005 02:13 PM

Chapter: Delta Iota (University of Arkansas)
Favorite Memory: Getting initiated
Something unique about my Chapter: Donna Axum was a member and went on to become Miss America.

ilddd3 09-12-2005 09:17 AM

Delta Roll Call

Chapter: Epsilon (Knox College)
Unique about my chapter: Founded Thanksgiving Eve 1 year after the Alpha Chapter.
Offices held: Secretary, VP Administration, Panhel Secretary, Panhel President, Rho Chi
Favorite Memory: Opening our Tri Delta house and having the chapter remodel it. :-) ( You should have seen it before we fixed it up)
AOL IM: ilddd3

I just registered today!

DDDDottiNYC 09-21-2005 04:29 PM

Alumnae Roll Call

I'm a NYC alum and just joined GreeKChat. Our alumnae chapter meets rather infrequently, and most of the members are right out of school, so it would be fun to connect to some alums around the country who are a little beyond that!

Chapter: Delta Pi (University of Illinois)
Favorite Memory: I think my initiation ceremony was the most wonderful moment! (I transfered to Pratt Institute—non-Greek—in NYC my junior year to pursue my fashion career, so I really lost touch with my sisters after that.)

I'd love to hear from other alums about what sort of contributions they have made to Tri Delta and their communities—fundraisers, innovative programs, ideas to build membership, etc.

I've just joined the NYC Alumnae Panhellenic, too—and it's interesting to see how any competitiveness we might have felt towards other sororities is long gone!

TriDeltaSallie 10-02-2005 03:02 PM

Chapter: Phi Gamma (Michigan State)
Offices Held: Collegiate Chapter President (twice), Collegiate Executive Vice President, Area Financial Assistant
Favorite Memory: Presiding over initiation as President. Because we were on the quarter system at the time and I was President for a year and a half, I think I presided over four (?) initiations. I also took the ritual book home over the summer and memorized the entire thing so I wouldn't have my head buried in the book! I loved initiation!