GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   University of Cincinnati RUSH (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=38544)

Rio_Kohitsuji 08-27-2003 08:57 PM

University of Cincinnati RUSH

One of my best girlfriends will be attending Cincy this fall and is interested in rushing? Any lovely GCer's care to tell me who's who on campus??

absolutuscchick 08-27-2003 09:20 PM

My parents went to University of Cincinatti but they weren't greek or anything...so I don't know anything sorry!!!!

OUlioness01 08-27-2003 10:20 PM

most of the people from my high school go to UC or Miami because we're right outside the city limits. I know a bunch of Kappas and KDs at UC, and I think I know a Chi-O. AXO left campus in spring of 2001 so currently on campus is Tri-Delta, Chi Omega, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and Theta Phi Alpha.

UC recruitment info page

I think that Kappa and KD are really strong at UC. I don't know of anyone that I know having joined the other chapters so I don't really know much info on them. I'm sure your friend will find the home that is right for her!

kddani 08-27-2003 10:49 PM

Quick question for anyone who may know: does Cinci have some sort of weird grading system? I checked out some of the reports and most of the grades are pretty low, some ridiculously so. Just wondering :)

OUlioness01 08-27-2003 10:51 PM

Cinci is on quarters, other than that i don't really know.

Kaydee_cutie 08-28-2003 12:03 AM

Hey there, I am actually a KD at UC :). I love it here on campus, it was seriously one of the best decisions I have ever made. Rush here isn't really all that competitive, we have about 200-250 PNM's go through every year. All of the chapters here are really strong, but some more so than others, but I'm sure this is the case on every campus. About the grades thing, I don't know why the grades would be so low, I know my chapter doesn't have a problem and we are a strong chapter at total and I love all my sisters :) hehe. I know there is a chapter on campus that was on restriction for something, but I'm not sure that it was grades. Anyway, I hoped this helped a little, and if you have any other questions, just let me know :).

White_Chocolate 08-28-2003 11:50 AM

my cousin pledged Tri-Delt there
and then, she transferred to a chapter near her home

OUlioness01 08-28-2003 01:44 PM

my aunt was a tridelt there in the 80's. she doesn't talk about it much...she unfortunately doens't really consider herself as still belonging to a sorority.

Kaydee_cutie 08-28-2003 02:21 PM

Hey there. I forgot that Panhellenic and IFC just started a new website for our greek community here at UC :). It's not completely updated yet, but it has some info about all of the sororities here at uc on it.

UC greek

hope it helps a little!

Rio_Kohitsuji 08-28-2003 10:19 PM

Thank you guys so much!!!!!!

She's such a sweet girl and I only want the best for her! She would be an AWESOME asset to any sorority!! Her dad is an alumni of TKE and she was looking to carry on the 'greek tradition'. :)

I'm so jealous of her right now!! :p

Buttonz 09-20-2003 04:55 PM

*Bump* Any news?

ThetaPrincess24 09-20-2003 06:09 PM

Some of my sisters at EKU have met some Thetas at U of C and have toured their house and they said they were really impressed. I'd say they have a strong chapter there as well.

hannahgirl 09-20-2003 06:39 PM

One of my DG little sisters transferred to Cincy last year. She seems to like it but I miss her sooo much! Too bad we don't have a DG chapter there...

Rio_Kohitsuji 09-20-2003 09:01 PM

Well, here's an update :)

Now 2 of my girls are going through. Racheal (previously mentioned) and now Lauren (I talked her into it the other night, teehee)

I haven't gotten to talk to them in awhile, hopefully they get on ICQ soon so I can see how things are going.

Oh, can you pledge as a freshman or do you need X amount of credits before you can?

HeidiHo 09-21-2003 09:14 PM

I'm a Chi Omega at UC.
Recruitment is October 4-10th. You can join as a first year.
As far as I know we don't have an unusual grading system as a university.
The UCGreek webpage is very out of date, particularly in the recruitment section, FYI. However in the "chapters" section there are links all pages in the community.

I was a rho gamma last year so I can probably answer any specific questions.
Good luck!!
Heidi