GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Advice for PNMs: Not getting a bid to your 1st choice. (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=106678)

DeltaBetaBaby 06-13-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2062899)
Exactly. In the end, the chapter gets the final say unless as long as their choices want them. The end result, if you asked the chapter, may not be so optimal. Would you really want Polly who put you 3rd over Suzie who put you #1? I probably wouldn't. But...that's how it works. Residency Match works essentially the same way, but no one questions the match, they just put in their picks and shows up on match day. If you don't match, you scramble for a leftover spot. That's sorta the equivalent of Snap bidding, I guess!

I'll just keep the off-topic stuff going...I always thought it would be interesting if chapters could have "A-lists" and "B-lists" every round. If a chapter is, for example, supposed to have 100 women at the first invitational round, and they historically have a 50% return rate, they'd get to issue 200 invitations, and have, say, 10 on the "B-list". The computer would do the first round of scheduling as normal, and if the chapter had fewer than 90 women, any women on the B-list who didn't have full schedules would then be added.

It would be a way for chapters to take a second look at a PNM who hadn't been their first choice, much the same way we encourage PNM's to take a second look at a chapter they ranked lower.

AOII Angel 06-13-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2062903)
I'll just keep the off-topic stuff going...I always thought it would be interesting if chapters could have "A-lists" and "B-lists" every round. If a chapter is, for example, supposed to have 100 women at the first invitational round, and they historically have a 50% return rate, they'd get to issue 200 invitations, and have, say, 10 on the "B-list". The computer would do the first round of scheduling as normal, and if the chapter had fewer than 90 women, any women on the B-list who didn't have full schedules would then be added.

It would be a way for chapters to take a second look at a PNM who hadn't been their first choice, much the same way we encourage PNM's to take a second look at a chapter they ranked lower.

They sorta do that with the Flex List. The only problem is that I've seen chapters look at these women as "cut." It's like the ranking that PNMs do. It's hard to get PNMs to look at chapters that they "cut" when they turn up on their list again. From first hand experience, these women can be treated as leftovers or rejects in ways that Snap bids or other ways of maximizing aren't because the whole chapter isn't involved in that process. There would need to be a big PR push or way of doing it that made it not seem like these were women who are released who can be brought back if the chapter doesn't hit their return number.

AZ-AlphaXi 06-13-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2062903)

And that's exactly what the flex lists in RFM are... if a chapter doesn't do as well as historically then they will take PNMs from the plus flex list and issue more invitations... if a chapter does better than historically, then they won't invite PNMs from the minus flex list.

DeltaBetaBaby 06-13-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi (Post 2062909)
And that's exactly what the flex lists in RFM are... if a chapter doesn't do as well as historically then they will take PNMs from the plus flex list and issue more invitations... if a chapter does better than historically, then they won't invite PNMs from the minus flex list.

The flex lists happen every round? Shows you how out-of-date I am. I thought they were just used at the end, if bid lists were turned in before the number for quota is set.

AZ-AlphaXi 06-13-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2062908)
They sorta do that with the Flex List. The only problem is that I've seen chapters look at these women as "cut." It's like the ranking that PNMs do. It's hard to get PNMs to look at chapters that they "cut" when they turn up on their list again. From first hand experience, these women can be treated as leftovers or rejects in ways that Snap bids or other ways of maximizing aren't because the whole chapter isn't involved in that process. There would need to be a big PR push or way of doing it that made it not seem like these were women who are released who can be brought back if the chapter doesn't hit their return number.

Which is why a chapter is never required to provide a plus list. The women on the plus list should only be women for which the chapter says "gee I'm sorry that we have to cut Suzie Q and Polly PNM and Nancy NicePNM" and not oh my .. why did we invite back the Wicked Witch of the West? :D

AZ-AlphaXi 06-13-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2062912)
The flex lists happen every round? Shows you how out-of-date I am. I thought they were just used at the end, if bid lists were turned in before the number for quota is set.

With RFM, flex lists are asked for for every round. Minus lists are required to be provided, plus lists are not. Although, if a chapter is continually inviting all PNMs left in their pool, plus lists are kind of irrelevant.

AOII Angel 06-13-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi (Post 2062913)
Which is why a chapter is never required to provide a plus list. The women on the plus list should only be women for which the chapter says "gee I'm sorry that we have to cut Suzie Q and Polly PNM and Nancy NicePNM" and not oh my .. why did we invite back the Wicked Witch of the West? :D

Really? That wasn't explained to the chapter in question...or at least the adviser didn't want them to know. That led to problems later. Good to know.

AZ-AlphaXi 06-13-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2062916)
Really? That wasn't explained to the chapter in question...or at least the adviser didn't want them to know. That led to problems later. Good to know.

Here's the link to NPC's current report on RFM

https://www.npcwomen.org/resources/p...ate%202010.pdf

it talks about flex lists on the second page.

AZTheta 06-13-2011 03:35 PM

:D I do not have to understand any of this. I have AZ-AlphaXi to understand it for me. That is yet another benefit of our friendship!

AOII Angel 06-13-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi (Post 2062920)
Here's the link to NPC's current report on RFM

https://www.npcwomen.org/resources/p...ate%202010.pdf

it talks about flex lists on the second page.

Thanks! It makes total sense when I stopped to think about it. You can't make a chapter take back women they don't want, but if they're smart, they'll build it into their MS system.

AZ-AlphaXi 06-13-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTheta (Post 2062922)
:D I do not have to understand any of this. I have AZ-AlphaXi to understand it for me. That is yet another benefit of our friendship!

Glad to help out anytime. And since I'm retiring in 17 days, I'll be glad to be an on-call consultant. :D

DeltaBetaBaby 06-13-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2062924)
Thanks! It makes total sense when I stopped to think about it. You can't make a chapter take back women they don't want, but if they're smart, they'll build it into their MS system.

Because of limited number of invitations, though, the likelihood of a woman wanting your group enters into the decision to some degree, in addition to how much you think the woman would be an asset to your chapter.

When I was in school, a woman came through who everyone knew was a direct descendant of a founder of another org. Do you really want to use up an invitation on her, even if she is super-awesome? Or would you rather invite back someone who is pretty-awesome, and really work to get the latter in your chapter?

Obviously, this doesn't apply to groups who get to invite everyone, but in general, I don't think that "on the flex list" necessarily means "less desirable".

AOII Angel 06-13-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2062927)
Because of limited number of invitations, though, the likelihood of a woman wanting your group enters into the decision to some degree, in addition to how much you think the woman would be an asset to your chapter.

When I was in school, a woman came through who everyone knew was a direct descendant of a founder of another org. Do you really want to use up an invitation on her, even if she is super-awesome? Or would you rather invite back someone who is pretty-awesome, and really work to get the latter in your chapter?

Obviously, this doesn't apply to groups who get to invite everyone, but in general, I don't think that "on the flex list" necessarily means "less desirable".

Oh definitely, but in those earlier rounds, there is likely to be lots of middle ground.

33girl 06-13-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2062916)

I know people on here have talked about their GA/Panhellenic "forcing" them to provide flex lists or invite a certain number of PNMs back. If your school has a history of this, that's when you get your national peeps in on things before rush and tell them "the GA wants us to invite Paris Hilton's brain on Jabba the Hutt's body. Please tell them to go pound sand."

DeltaBetaBaby 06-13-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2063020)
I know people on here have talked about their GA/Panhellenic "forcing" them to provide flex lists or invite a certain number of PNMs back. If your school has a history of this, that's when you get your national peeps in on things before rush and tell them "the GA wants us to invite Paris Hilton's brain on Jabba the Hutt's body. Please tell them to go pound sand."

Yeah, but I don't doubt that's also been used by a chapter advisor as a convenient excuse. I'm not saying that a chapter should invite anyone and everyone to make quota, but I know that I may not have made the best decisions as an 18-year-old collegiate.

33girl 06-13-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2063027)
Yeah, but I don't doubt that's also been used by a chapter advisor as a convenient excuse. I'm not saying that a chapter should invite anyone and everyone to make quota, but I know that I may not have made the best decisions as an 18-year-old collegiate.

IMO the chapter advisor shouldn't be making those decisions either. She is not the one who has to live with the person day in and day out. No collegians don't always make the best decisions, but especially in this day and age, they get less and less chance to do so for themselves. If they screw up and don't make quota because the only girls they wanted wanted other groups and got them, they'll learn a lesson in openmindedness a lot more quickly than they will if a chapter advisor or anyone else tries to push people down their throat.

aephi alum 06-14-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2063020)

You owe me a new monitor. There is now water all over this one.

I don't understand this whole flex list thing, but I can't believe a chapter would be forced to invite back Lizzie Borden the Ax Murderer with the 0.1 GPA, even if this means they don't make quota.

carnation 06-14-2011 05:39 PM

Remember when a GCer from one of the Bama chapters told us that on Bid Day, 4 girls they'd cut walked through their door? They had cut them but some "well-meaning" alum had sneaked these awful girls back on the list because she was afraid that the chapter wouldn't make quota.

Seems that sometimes, either alums OR Panhellenic can do a number on you.

KD4Me 06-14-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2062825)
Because first bid lists are matched to Choice #1 first. DEF could be filled by the time second choices are matched.

Computerized matching is a huge time saver but I think the methodology of bid matching was best learned by being there during hand matching. Essentially, they went through each PNM and called out the first choice. If she was on that group's first bid list, the person would say "Match" and everybody else would cross her off of their list. If she was on someone else's first list, then the first person on their second bid list would bump up to the first bid list.

After all first choices were read off one time, they went through them again, to see if anybody had been bumped up to the first bid list for their first choice. This continued until there were no matches for first choices. Then second choices would start. So, DEF may have filled up with women who put them first before Suzy PNM's second choice came up.

I've always wondered whether the names are listed on the bid lists alphabetically or randomly. Would it benefit a PNM to have a last name starting with an "A"?

DeltaBetaBaby 06-14-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KD4Me (Post 2063122)
I've always wondered whether the names are listed on the bid lists alphabetically or randomly. Would it benefit a PNM to have a last name starting with an "A"?

No, it would not.

The first bid list is usually alphabetical, but Suzie Zimmerman is as much on the first bid list as Polly Aaron.

AOII Angel 06-14-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KD4Me (Post 2063122)

It doesn't really matter for the first bid list. It's alphabetical for ease of bid matching. These women are guaranteed a spot in the group if they want one since they are on the first list. It doesn't matter where they are on the first list. They are in. The first list includes only as many PNMs are there are spots for quota.

The second bid list is in order of preference. #1 is the first girl the chapter wants if they get all of the the PNMs on their first bid list except for one. #2 is the second PNM they want if they don't get two PNMs on their first bid list or don't get #1 on the second bid list and so on. That is why the second bid list is NOT in alphabetical order.

KD4Me 06-14-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2063129)
It doesn't really matter for the first bid list. It's alphabetical for ease of bid matching. These women are guaranteed a spot in the group if they want one since they are on the first list. It doesn't matter where they are on the first list. They are in. The first list includes only as many PNMs are there are spots for quota.

The second bid list is in order of preference. #1 is the first girl the chapter wants if they get all of the the PNMs on their first bid list except for one. #2 is the second PNM they want if they don't get two PNMs on their first bid list or don't get #1 on the second bid list and so on. That is why the second bid list is NOT in alphabetical order.

Thank you for the explanation. I was asking about the second list, because where a PNM is placed on that list could certainly make a difference in where she is placed.

AOII Angel 06-14-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KD4Me (Post 2063160)
Thank you for the explanation. I was asking about the second list, because where a PNM is placed on that list could certainly make a difference in where she is placed.

Definitely. Once you understand how it works, it's not too hard. Quota ranges make things more difficult, but that's why we have computers!

SWTXBelle 06-16-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2063118)
Remember when a GCer from one of the Bama chapters told us that on Bid Day, 4 girls they'd cut walked through their door? They had cut them but some "well-meaning" alum had sneaked these awful girls back on the list because she was afraid that the chapter wouldn't make quota.

Seems that sometimes, either alums OR Panhellenic can do a number on you.

Were they at pref? Because if so, they wouldn't have been "cut" - only put on the second bid list. If they weren't at pref - WTH? That would warrant a call to HQ.

KDMafia 06-16-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Were they at pref? Because if so, they wouldn't have been "cut" - only put on the second bid list. If they weren't at pref - WTH? That would warrant a call to HQ.
Not necessarily if they were snap bids. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make quota and their advisor/recruitment chair made the decision to snap bid if necessary. After working with a chapter for four years the lack of knowledge most of them have about how bid matching and everything works can be shocking, especially when they want to have a certain belief about their recruitment chair, the panhellenic board etc.

33girl 06-16-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDMafia (Post 2063540)
Not necessarily if they were snap bids. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make quota and their advisor/recruitment chair made the decision to snap bid if necessary.

Again I say, :eek: . If a woman doesn't make the cut she doesn't make the cut...quota or not. I can't believe there would ever be a situation where one person could override the chapter's decision and get away with it.

FSUZeta 06-17-2011 08:22 AM

decisions like the one discussed above would often be cleared thru a national officer before snap bids were offered.

Zillini 06-17-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2063551)
Again I say, :eek: . If a woman doesn't make the cut she doesn't make the cut...quota or not. I can't believe there would ever be a situation where one person could override the chapter's decision and get away with it.

Also keep in mind that especially with RFM there are many girls who get "cut" that the chapter really liked. There just happened to be other PNMs the chapter liked a little bit better. What happens then unfortunately is some of those "kept" PNMs didn't like the chapter well enough to put it #1 on their bid card.

If/when that unsettling call comes in the wee hours of the morning that it's necessary to snap in order to make quota, it's up to the chapter officers and advisors to make a decision and make it fast. I agree it isn't appropriate to issue a snap bid to someone the chapter obviously couldn't stand. However in a big competitive Recruitment, there are often unmatched girls to choose from who the chapter did like and would fit in well.

carnation 06-17-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWTXBelle (Post 2063534)

They had cut the girls early in recruitment and apparently their advisors added them back to the bid list anyway. :eek:I remember the poster and her chapter and school but had probably better not put it here.

I seem to recall her saying that they never saw those particular advisors again, lol.

AOII Angel 06-17-2011 09:40 AM

LOL. Shit happens. It's not the end of the world. Apparently that chapter needs a better education process for its advisers. Missing quota by 4 isn't the end of the world...neither is taking in 4 women your chapter isn't in love with when the chapter is as huge as those chapters tend to be.

carnation 06-17-2011 10:13 AM

I think this happened in the 80s or 90s when the chapters were much smaller plus the chapter isn't there anymore so 4 girls might've been quite noticeable but still! How dare those advisors do that?

I have recently heard of several stories where mystery girls turned up in chapter rooms on Bid Day and there were their names on the bid lists and no one--the chapter, the advisors, or PH--could account for that, although the girl had been cut earlier in the process. What do you say once she's there? "Hello, excuse me but we really didn't want you and you cal leave now?" Oh, I'm really glad I didn't have to deal with that situation.

AOII Angel 06-17-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2063613)
I think this happened in the 80s or 90s when the chapters were much smaller plus the chapter isn't there anymore so 4 girls might've been quite noticeable but still! How dare those advisors do that?

I have recently heard of several stories where mystery girls turned up in chapter rooms on Bid Day and there were their names on the bid lists and no one--the chapter, the advisors, or PH--could account for that, although the girl had been cut earlier in the process. What do you say once she's there? "Hello, excuse me but we really didn't want you and you cal leave now?" Oh, I'm really glad I didn't have to deal with that situation.

If it happened that long ago, then they she should be able to tell us what happened with those girls. That's a long time to be holding onto a grudge. A similar thing happened at my chapter, and we acted like mature AOIIs and welcomed the girl into our chapter. No reason to act like brats when you can't change things. She turned out to be an amazing member so no harm no foul. Not to mention, there are lots of carefully chosen members who turn out to be duds. As for the second scenario, I call BS on that one. Sounds like an urban legend. If PH can't account for the name on the list, the name should be removed BEFORE the PNM is given the bid.

33girl 06-17-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2063609)
LOL. Shit happens. It's not the end of the world. Apparently that chapter needs a better education process for its advisers. Missing quota by 4 isn't the end of the world...neither is taking in 4 women your chapter isn't in love with when the chapter is as huge as those chapters tend to be.

Freakin' amen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zillini (Post 2063605)
Also keep in mind that especially with RFM there are many girls who get "cut" that the chapter really liked. There just happened to be other PNMs the chapter liked a little bit better. What happens then unfortunately is some of those "kept" PNMs didn't like the chapter well enough to put it #1 on their bid card.

If/when that unsettling call comes in the wee hours of the morning that it's necessary to snap in order to make quota, it's up to the chapter officers and advisors to make a decision and make it fast. I agree it isn't appropriate to issue a snap bid to someone the chapter obviously couldn't stand. However in a big competitive Recruitment, there are often unmatched girls to choose from who the chapter did like and would fit in well.

This is all sorts of treading on MS territory but...I would assume that in such a situation, certain minimums have been met. (That's as vague as I can get for you to still understand me, LOL.)

But again though, that's part of the learning process of RFM...not just to get the PNMs to open their minds, but to get the chapters to weigh how much they want to keep "Super PNM" around, when all the other chapters are falling all over her too.

carnation 06-17-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2063618)
As for the second scenario, I call BS on that one. Sounds like an urban legend. If PH can't account for the name on the list, the name should be removed BEFORE the PNM is given the bid.

That one was definitely for real!

DeltaBetaBaby 06-17-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zillini (Post 2063605)

Yup, been there and had to make the decisions. You just don't have time to run things past the chapter.

Also, I hate the idea that there are "computer errors", but I know that we have made mistakes due to identical names. PNM's have numbers, along with names, but we are talking about hundreds of women and 5-6 people doing invite lists in the wee hours of the morning.

TSteven 06-17-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2063129)

The second bid list is in order of preference. #1 is the first girl the chapter wants if they get all of the PNMs on their first bid list except for one. #2 is the second PNM they want if they don't get two PNMs on their first bid list or don't get #1 on the second bid list and so on. That is why the second bid list is NOT in alphabetical order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2063164)
Definitely. Once you understand how it works, it's not too hard. Quota ranges make things more difficult, but that's why we have computers!

If I may jump in with a question, how does a chapter come up with their first bid list with respect to quota ranges?

With flex lists and quota ranges, do the chapters receive a “minimum quota number” (for lack of a better phrase) for their “first bid list” before they turn in their bid lists? And as such, the chapter lists up to the “low number” of PNMs on their first bid list?

For example.

Quota might initially be set at 25. Yet to help maximize the number of PNMs placed and to help each chapter reach quota, this initially set quota of 25 might be increased to 26 or reduced to 24. Thus the quota range would then be 24 to 26.

If I understand correctly, if there was no quota range and quota was set at 25 and the chapter invited to and had 50 attend their preference, then the first bid list would have 25 PNMs listed (in alphabetical order), and the second bid list 25 PNMs (ranked 1 to 25).

But if there is a quota range of 24 to 26, would the first bid list have 24 names listed (alphabetical), and the second bid list the remaining 26 names (ranked)? Then in an effort to help maximize placement etc., quota is set at 25, the number one PNM from the second bid list would “move” onto the first bid list. If quota is set at 26, then the first two PNMs on the second bid list would “move” onto the first bid list.

Or are there three seperate quota lists - one for each potential quota – provided to the College Panhellenic? For example, in case quota is set at 24, “List A” would have 24 names (alpha order) on the first bid list and 26 on the second bid list (ranked). “List B” would have 25 names (alpha order) on first bid list, 25 names (ranked) on second bid list. “List C” would have 26 names (alpha order) on first bid list and 24 names (ranked) on second bid list.

IndianaSigKap 06-17-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDMafia (Post 2063540)
After working with a chapter for four years the lack of knowledge most of them have about how bid matching and everything works can be shocking, especially when they want to have a certain belief about their recruitment chair, the panhellenic board etc.

So true! I worked with a chapter that had no idea how bid matching worked. I knew there was no way to explain it, so I created a role play with three chapters and 30 PNMs all named for celebrities. I had the other advisors to come in and we actually did a mock bid matching for the chapter. It really helped them to understand how the process works. It also made them see the importance of not giving every "nice" girl who came through the highest marks possible and really evaluating how the PNM would fit into the chapter or add value to the chapter.

AOII Angel 06-17-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSteven (Post 2063674)
If I may jump in with a question, how does a chapter come up with their first bid list with respect to quota ranges?

With flex lists and quota ranges, do the chapters receive a “minimum quota number” (for lack of a better phrase) for their “first bid list” before they turn in their bid lists? And as such, the chapter lists up to the “low number” of PNMs on their first bid list?

For example.

Quota might initially be set at 25. Yet to help maximize the number of PNMs placed and to help each chapter reach quota, this initially set quota of 25 might be increased to 26 or reduced to 24. Thus the quota range would then be 24 to 26.

If I understand correctly, if there was no quota range and quota was set at 25 and the chapter invited to and had 50 attend their preference, then the first bid list would have 25 PNMs listed (in alphabetical order), and the second bid list 25 PNMs (ranked 1 to 25).

But if there is a quota range of 24 to 26, would the first bid list have 24 names listed (alphabetical), and the second bid list the remaining 26 names (ranked)? Then in an effort to help maximize placement etc., quota is set at 25, the number one PNM from the second bid list would “move” onto the first bid list. If quota is set at 26, then the first two PNMs on the second bid list would “move” onto the first bid list.

Or are there three seperate quota lists - one for each potential quota – provided to the College Panhellenic? For example, in case quota is set at 24, “List A” would have 24 names (alpha order) on the first bid list and 26 on the second bid list (ranked). “List B” would have 25 names (alpha order) on first bid list, 25 names (ranked) on second bid list. “List C” would have 26 names (alpha order) on first bid list and 24 names (ranked) on second bid list.

IIRC, the first bid list is made out with the number of women at the low end of the range, ie. 24 women if quota range is 24-26. If it is adjusted up, they just add in from the second bid list. It would be impossible to remove from the first bid list to move down the range since they are in alphabetical order not preference order. You have a finite number of women on your bid list anyway...the number of women you invited to pref.

TSteven 06-17-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2063682)
IIRC, the first bid list is made out with the number of women at the low end of the range, ie. 24 women if quota range is 24-26. If it is adjusted up, they just add in from the second bid list. It would be impossible to remove from the first bid list to move down the range since they are in alphabetical order not preference order. You have a finite number of women on your bid list anyway...the number of women you invited to pref.

Thanks. I was thinking that might be how it worked but just wasn't sure.

KSUViolet06 09-30-2011 03:28 AM

Needs a bump.