GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   What Does Your Username Mean? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=248494)

Zach 08-02-2023 05:34 AM

What Does Your Username Mean?

Does your username have a meaning? Why’d you pick it for this site? Explain. I used to post on a BGLO chatroom called black Greek forums. I tried to use my username I had over there over here. It was taken. I tried others frat related and those were taken too. So I just chose my middle-name Zachary. Zach.

carnation 08-02-2023 06:11 AM

Mine is my sorority's flower. It was supposed to have a capital C but came out with a little one and was too hard to change.

Titchou 08-02-2023 06:51 AM

Titchou is a Cajun term of endearment. It is short for petite chou - little cabbage,

Phrozen Sands 08-02-2023 09:03 AM

Phrozen = Ice Cold Alpha Man
Ph = Alpha Phi Alpha
Sands = I crossed the Burning Sands into the Black and Gold of Alpha Phi Alpha.

Phrozen Sands 08-02-2023 09:05 AM

@ Zach. What was your username on black greek forums? You didn’t say.

jolene 08-02-2023 09:15 AM

Jolene is a nickname my sister randomly gave me when I was around 12 (my mom hated it). And then her friends started calling me that... and then my friends. And they still call me that. My sister, BIL, niece, nephew, oldest friends never call me by my real name.

PrettyBoy 08-02-2023 09:44 AM

I went to a relatively small college. After I crossed into Kappa Land, a sorority on campus started calling me “Pretty (insert real first name)”. Then it began to spread across campus and into the college across the street. So then when people on campus would see me going to class, or if I was hanging out at the other college across the street, that’s what they’d call me and the name stuck. That, and I’ve always been told I’m “good looking/handsome/pretty”, so I just said what the hell, I’ll use PrettyBoy.

Today, when I go back for homecoming, I am still called that name by people I was in college with.

D9 GC members thought I chose PrettyBoy because of the Kappa Alpha Psi stereotype. Not the reason at all.

Zach 08-02-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands (Post 2497574)
@ Zach. What was your username on black greek forums? You didn’t say.

BluPhi. I didn’t try BluPhi1914. I should have tried that.

Cheerio 08-02-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2497572)
Titchou is a Cajun term of endearment. It is short for petite chou - little cabbage,

For those who remember their elementary French classes, way back in GC history someone else's username was mon petit. They haven't posted in forever. Used to wonder if Titchou and mon petit knew one another IRL.

Phrozen Sands 08-02-2023 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladygreek (Post 1517257)
Delph998, Pretty Boy, and I had a nice lunch today. And ladies he is a Foine Man. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by delph998 (Post 1517383)
I really did leave the camera at the crib. I didn't take pics. Sorry CT4. He is very handsome though. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221 (Post 1517605)
wait waitwait, i lovemy sistergreeks and all but PB aint we had a lunch date set from way back when? i mean a chitlin and hot sauce date, but a date nonetheless. geez!

We know, PB. We know Lol! Just saw the chitlin date reply too Lmfao!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyBoy (Post 2497576)
I went to a relatively small college. After I crossed into Kappa Land, a sorority on campus started calling me “Pretty (insert real first name)”. Then it began to spread across campus and into the college across the street. So then when people on campus would see me going to class, or if I was hanging out at the other college across the street, that’s what they’d call me and the name stuck. That, and I’ve always been told I’m “good looking/handsome/pretty”, so I just said what the hell, I’ll use PrettyBoy.

Today, when I go back for homecoming, I am still called that name by people I was in college with.

D9 GC members thought I chose PrettyBoy because of the Kappa Alpha Psi stereotype. Not the reason at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach (Post 2497577)
BluPhi. I didn’t try BluPhi1914. I should have tried that.

I like those. You’re only a few posts in. See if the mods can change it. Either that or start a new username.

Phrozen Sands 08-02-2023 12:57 PM

PB, did you really arrange a date with her? Lol!!

PrettyBoy 08-02-2023 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands (Post 2497581)
PB, did you really arrange a date with her? Lol!!

Man, I have never, ever seen that post. You added that, that’s why. 😂

Titchou 08-02-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheerio (Post 2497579)
For those who remember their elementary French classes, way back in GC history someone else's username was mon petit. They haven't posted in forever. Used to wonder if Titchou and mon petit knew one another IRL.

Not that I am aware of!

AGDee 08-02-2023 06:22 PM

I'm a member of Alpha Gamma Delta (AGD) and my nickname in highschool and college was Dee. So it worked. It was also my personalized license plate for many years but I decided that was just too expensive for no good reason so I let it go.

Phrozen Sands 08-02-2023 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyBoy (Post 2497583)
Man, I have never, ever seen that post. You added that, that’s why. 😂

Lmao!!! No dude, I didn’t change anything. I told y’all when I’m bored, I read old posts. I found that one on you. I didn’t change shit Lol!