GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Too late to rush? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=236693)

LateJunior 10-16-2017 03:57 PM

Too late to rush?

Hi I'm a junior at Arizona state and am wondering if rushing in the spring would be too late? I feel as though I've been missing out on something and want to give Greek life a try but I am afraid it's too late. I know spring rush is informal but what does it consist of and does anyone know what sororities would be willing to take someone so close to graduating?

Titchou 10-16-2017 05:35 PM

Since groups do their plans independently of the other groups during informal spring recruitment, you should contact the Greek Adviser and get his/her input on how that works at ASU and which groups would be eligible. Whether you would get a bid,none of us can say. But we all can say you won't get one if you don't try!

AXOrushadvisor 10-17-2017 06:24 PM

No, not for all groups. In fact, AOPi just colonized and may be looking for more members. There are several other groups that may be picking up new women now or in the spring. If you have an open mind I think you can find a home. Connect with FSL and get your name on a COB list.

LateJunior 10-18-2017 06:51 PM

Thanks guys :)
What is FSL and how do I get in contact with them?(sorry new to all these acronyms)
I know for fall recruitment you typically go around and meet with each house, is spring similar to this but with less houses? How does spring informal recruitment typically work?

AnchorAlumna 10-18-2017 07:05 PM

Fraternity and Sorority Life office at your university.
Could be "Greek Life."
Usually listed under Campus Life or Student Life.

COB or spring recruitment....depends on the campus. Sometimes they'll do a full formal-style recruitment where you start out visiting all the sororities, but usually you have to wait until the sorority contacts you. They may invite yu for a meal, or coffee with a small group of sisters, or to hang out and watch a movie....just sort of a get-acquainted type activity. You may go to two or three of those. They'll usually call with a bid, but if you don't get another invitation, then you know didn't get a bid. There's no big one bid day as in formal recruitment.

LateJunior 10-18-2017 07:34 PM

Thanks for all the help guys! I'll reach out to them and see what my options are. Hopefully I'll find my place :)

lovelygirl801 10-22-2017 01:07 AM

Hi!

I rushed as a junior at Arizona State this fall and found my home. My best advice is to reach out to the Greek Office! I'd check out spring recruitment and AOPi as well. :) Also, more advice is to be open minded to each house participating in the spring. Being open-minded definitely helped my experience.

Here's hoping you find your home! <3

LateJunior 11-10-2017 12:21 PM

Hey guys! I'd like to announce that I have found my home at AOPi!🎉🎉:D

chi-o_cat 11-10-2017 01:18 PM

Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out for you.

thetalady 11-10-2017 02:00 PM

WOW! That is great news! Congratulations!

TLLK 11-10-2017 03:00 PM

Congratulations on becoming a new member of AOPi!:)

LouisaMay 11-11-2017 08:29 AM

Great news! Congratulations.

aephi alum 11-11-2017 08:48 PM

Congratulations!

Kevin 11-11-2017 10:57 PM

Wow. Congrats. Glad to see this thread had a happy ending.

Sciencewoman 11-12-2017 09:54 AM

Congratulations! I'm so glad it worked out for you and you'll learn so many leadership skills as an older member of a new chapter!