GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Social (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Non-Alcoholic Social Ideas (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=59964)

krispen3 11-25-2004 02:36 AM

Non-Alcoholic Social Ideas

Hey if anyone has any ideas for non-alcoholic socials i would really be interested in hearing them. I love all the ideas I've seen so far, but they all involve alcohol. On my campus socials have 2 parts and the first one is completely dry because it is at our house.....so if anyone could give me some ideas on something that would take up like an hour hour and a half that would be awesome!!!!
Thank you so much!!

SigNuEIU 11-25-2004 03:06 AM

we often just invite a sorority to come over and watch a movie in our chapter room. It takes up alot of time and is pretty fun. Its also cheap, all you have to do is rent a movie and get a few pizza's or something

LSUTriDelta4 12-02-2004 02:54 AM

we're thinking about doing a bingo night - with prizes. i know that another sorority has a steak dinner at their house and they can invite any guys to go to it.

epsilon99 12-13-2004 12:07 PM

We have professors come and do brief presentations on research they are doing. It is usually pretty entertaining and its good for relations with the school.

LightBulb 12-18-2004 10:38 PM

not as think as you drunk i am

You could have a themed dinner, like a certain holiday (ie Mardi Gras) theme. Or if you leave the house you can bowl, skate, swim, or play Capture the Flag or kickball or something.

PhoenixAzul 12-19-2004 12:14 AM

something i've fallen in love with recently...playing Balderdash. It always produces some laughs. If it snows...snowmen building, or try your hand at snow sculpture (Letters in the front yard?).

LightBulb 12-19-2004 02:40 AM

Beyond Balderdash is even funner!

That snow thing sounds so cool.

Too bad we live in Memphis. Don't get much snow on the bluffs.

Taualumna 12-19-2004 12:03 PM

A barbecue? Pizza night? What about adding some creativity to the traditional ice cream social? Make it mocktails (non alcoholic cocktails) and ice cream!

PhiPsiRuss 12-19-2004 12:19 PM

If you're going to have a non-alcohol social with guys, make sure there is physical activity or they will be bored out of their minds.

You can have a randomly selected mixed pairs olympics with events like pool, basketball, darts, foosball, etc.

You can leave the house for bowling or roller or ice skating. Paintball is fun, if the risk management policies of both organizations allow for it.

hokieangel 12-19-2004 02:20 PM

some ideas

we have had a few dry socials that went over well for both the sorority and the fraternity....

one was we had an "old school" game social...we did three legged races, played red rover, freeze tag, etc....it was awesome and we ended up doing homecoming with the brothers because we like them so much after it...

the second one was we played Scene it(the board game) . we played it on a big screen and had teams and stuff, it was fun cause you got to socialize and conversation flows very easily.....

Sister Havana 12-19-2004 03:21 PM

The old school game social sounds like so much fun!

We've done make-your-own-taco night and pasta night.