GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   A Very COLORFUL Ole Miss Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=143724)

anonreb 09-09-2014 11:49 PM

A Very COLORFUL Ole Miss Recruitment

So I’ve been lurking among these threads for a LONG time now and it’s finally time to start my story!

It’s almost here, the mother of all recruitments will start in a few days. This Sunday I will be going into the belly of the beast and will be taking on the biggest wonder on the modern world, Ole Miss Sorority Recruitment. What I have learned since being here is that some girls have been waiting for this week all their lives. It’s hard not to feel average or less than when you’re surrounded by triple legacies, beauty queens, and super geniuses. It really became real to me how competitive this will be after meeting some of these girls! On top of that there are 1567 women going through recruitment this year! With that being said, I am so ready to find a place to call home here.

I decided to make this a colorful story and use only the best Crayola colors as my code names.

The sororities at Ole Miss are as followed:

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi

And my code names are (in no particular order):

Razzmatazz
Jazzberry Jam
Purple Mountain Majesty
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Mauvelous
Purple Pizzazz
Tickle Me Pink
Mountain Mellow
Laser Lemon
Macaroni and Cheese

So Sunday we visit all 10 houses for a full day of parties. As a side note, I got at least one recommendation per chapter and have multiples for most. I have no connections within the houses so just be warned I may not be writing the picture perfect recruitment story.

Wynter 09-10-2014 04:31 AM

Can't wait!!

SWTXBelle 09-10-2014 06:20 AM

I would strongly recommend writing your posts - and then saving them as drafts until after recruitment is over and you have a bid in hand. More than one recruitment has been tanked because of something posted in a recruitment story.

Better safe than sorry.

OldOleMiss 09-10-2014 07:49 AM

YAY! an Ole Miss story!!! I have to echo what SWTXBelle has said though… please write out your drafts and save them until after recruitment is done. Ole Miss rush is not something to "play around with"-- BUT PLEASE! remember to come back and post!!!:-)

Best of luck to you! Just keep the great attitude you have right now and an open mind!!! HOTTY TODDY!

FSUZeta 09-10-2014 08:13 AM

I will third the suggestion that you wait to post after rush is over, but I have to say I am EXCITED to hear about your experience at that time. Best wishes for a happy recruitment!!

AZTheta 09-10-2014 08:31 AM

Dogpile. Post when you've finished with rush. And good luck, have fun!

anonreb 09-10-2014 08:39 AM

I will definitely follow yalls suggestion on that! Just so we are clear on this, what I have said already will not hamper my recruitment correct?

AZTheta 09-10-2014 08:48 AM

I think you're good! I saw nothing harmful. Just an excited PNM.

OleMissGlitter 09-10-2014 09:36 AM

Yeah! Best of luck! Remember to have fun! HOTTY TODDY!

FSUZeta 09-10-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTheta (Post 2290784)
I think you're good! I saw nothing harmful. Just an excited PNM.

Ditto. Have fun and come back and tell us all about it when you are all done. (And i love your crayon code!)

Stellastar1 09-10-2014 10:17 AM

Hotty Toddy! This will be a great example to others of what a PNM with no connections faces at Ole Miss! Truly an experience! I agree, please don't post until after you have received a bid! Good Luck and have a great time! Can't wait to hear!

OldOleMiss 09-10-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonreb (Post 2290783)
I will definitely follow yalls suggestion on that! Just so we are clear on this, what I have said already will not hamper my recruitment correct?

anonreb you should be fine!!! Remember deep breaths and relax! Have a fabulous week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSUZeta (Post 2290792)
Ditto. Have fun and come back and tell us all about it when you are all done. (And i love your crayon code!)

Seriously?! I feel so stupid and out of touch--- I kept reading her code thinking I have no clue what these colors are... they sound more like food!!! ha ha ha ha..... guess everyone can tell I'm not too into arts and crafts!

That being said I'll be pulling for Macaroni and Cheese--- YUM!

33girl 09-10-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldOleMiss (Post 2290800)
Seriously?! I feel so stupid and out of touch--- I kept reading her code thinking I have no clue what these colors are... they sound more like food!!! ha ha ha ha..... guess everyone can tell I'm not too into arts and crafts!

That being said I'll be pulling for Macaroni and Cheese--- YUM!

There's no more Orange Yellow, Blue Violet and Burnt Sienna - Crayola has gotten all fancy schmancy conceptual on us. :)

NorthernMom 09-10-2014 01:15 PM

My daughter had considered Ole Miss - and while this was obviously not the deciding factor in her college selection - she felt that being a sophomore transfer who is not from the south at all would have been a tough hurdle at Ole Miss.

Best of luck to all going through recruitment!! Beautiful campus and beautiful houses!

ladybug12 09-10-2014 01:52 PM

anonreb,
Keep that great attitude! It will make your recruitment experience a whole lot more fun!
Best wishes!