GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   UT Austin Sorority Engineering (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=132774)

sarah123 03-01-2013 04:39 PM

UT Austin Sorority Engineering

I was wondering what I need 2 do 2 get into a sorority at UT? Im in National Charity League. I have heard that its harder for girls to get in 2 a sorority from out of state, is this true. Also I'm majoring in engineering is that negatively looked upon and are there a lot of women with engineering majors in sororities at UT?

adpiucf 03-01-2013 04:53 PM

To get into a sorority, you must register for recruitment. Read the thread linked in my signature about how to prepare.

Your major is unimportant; your grades are important. Sororities are welcoming of women from out of state. You will need to get alumnae recommendations.

ADPiEE 03-06-2013 01:01 PM

I ditto what ADPiUCF said and PLEASE read the thread in her signature.

Get 2 recs for EVERY sorority on campus
Keep your options open

I have seen people ask about it being harder to get into a sorority if you're from out of state. I can't speak to UT because I'm in Texas myself BUT....I'm a teacher and all of my girls that have gone out of state and followed the advice we've given you had a good Recruitment experience.

irishpipes 03-06-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah123 (Post 2206080)
I was wondering what I need 2 do 2 get into a sorority at UT? Im in National Charity League. I have heard that its harder for girls to get in 2 a sorority from out of state, is this true. Also I'm majoring in engineering is that negatively looked upon and are there a lot of women with engineering majors in sororities at UT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADPiEE (Post 2206744)
I ditto what ADPiUCF said and PLEASE read the thread in her signature.

Get 2 recs for EVERY sorority on campus
Keep your options open

I have seen people ask about it being harder to get into a sorority if you're from out of state. I can't speak to UT because I'm in Texas myself BUT....I'm a teacher and all of my girls that have gone out of state and followed the advice we've given you had a good Recruitment experience.

Made me laugh. ;)

AnchorAlumna 03-06-2013 01:44 PM

Is this an engineering sorority?
Or an NPC sorority?
Or what?

33girl 03-06-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishpipes (Post 2206752)
Made me laugh. ;)

Don't laugh at Prince rushing.

ADPiEE 03-06-2013 04:11 PM

Lol I naturally have a dry sense of humor but that was actually unintended

FSUZeta 03-09-2013 10:41 AM

There is an engineering sorority at UT-Austin ( there may be more than 1).

The engineering sorority will hold their own recruitment and if I remember correctly, when my niece was attending her freshman engineering orientation session (she was a biomed. engineering major, now in med. school) representatives from the engineering sorority spoke with the incoming female engineering majors. OP should google the UT engineering sorority name. Maybe they have a website and all her questions will be answered there.

IrishLake 03-09-2013 11:55 AM

I know Phi Sigma Rho and Alpha Omega Epsilon are two national sororities for engineering majors.

AOmegaE-hokie 03-27-2013 10:10 PM

I went through social sorority recruitment and liked a lot of the girls and had fun during the process, but didn't really find my exact fit. I wasn't sure if I could keep my grades up as an engineer and be in a sorority all at the same time. Then I found Alpha Omega Epsilon and helped to start a chapter at my campus and it was so much fun! It was everything I wanted from sorority life with still being able to do great in school and have plenty of time for all of the crazy courses we have to take. I'm sure Alpha Omega Epsilon would love to have you! :)

33girl 03-27-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOmegaE-hokie (Post 2210281)
I'm sure Alpha Omega Epsilon would love to have you! :)

It's never a good idea to say this as every chapter at every school is different, and as we have no idea who this person is other than words on a keyboard.

I realize you're new and enthusiastic and it's sweet but speaking for all your sisters across the country simply isn't cool.