GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   University of Missouri 2014 Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=143374)

SunflowerState 08-11-2014 01:55 PM

University of Missouri 2014 Recruitment

Hi All, I'm probably jumping the gun a little here but all the news from OSU, Auburn and Alabama has me on edge. This year, instead of reading everyone else's stories of nerves, I have my own set: my niece is going through recruitment at Mizzou! I thought all you moms and dads were a little crazy. I'm SO sorry. I totally get it now!:)

My niece is not a legacy to any house but there are a bunch of Greeks in the family at the aunt, cousin, uncle level. I know she has at least one req to each house on campus and knows someone in nearly every house. She's got all the community service, grades, activities, etc., that any house would want. So what am I worried about, right? Argh!

Here's the schedule:
Open Houses: August 18-19, Monday & Tuesday, 15 houses.
Sisterhood Round: August 20-21, Wednesday & Thursday, 11 max.
Philanthropy Round: August 22, Friday, 7 max.
Preference Round: August 23, Saturday, 3 max.
Bid Day: August 24, Sunday.

Houses at MU are:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Kappa
Sigma Sigma Sigma
Zeta Tau Alpha

There is also a local chapter--Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi--that does not appear to participate in formal recruitment.

Anyone else out there going through at Mizzou? Or, worse, have to stay home and watch someone they love go through at Mizzou?

Low D Flat 08-11-2014 01:58 PM

SAEPi is a non-NPC national sorority.

maconmagnolia 08-11-2014 02:22 PM

Good luck to your niece! Mizzou is a great place to be Greek at! :)

SunflowerState 08-11-2014 02:36 PM

Thanks, Low D Flat. I wondered because they are on the Panhellenic list buts weren't on the recruitment materials I saw. Thanks for the correction.

gazebo 08-12-2014 01:07 PM

So excited to hear about your girl's week!
Mizzou is a pretty amazing place- and the size of their recruitment is just overwhelming!

pearlalum 08-18-2014 03:34 PM

M-I-Z Z-O-U!!!

mumom 08-19-2014 09:01 AM

She will LOVE Mizzou! Best of luck to her in recruitment! Greek life there is wonderful and full of amazing women. Please keep us updated on her progress!

SunflowerState 08-19-2014 04:09 PM

First update: She had a wonderful, exhausting time on the first day of open houses. She loves every chapter. 9 down, 6 to go.

SunflowerState 08-22-2014 08:56 AM

Second update: finally heard from her. She's a lot less nervous than I am! She got her favorite 11 back for the first round. She hopes to get her favorite 7 back today. Her comment: I can see myself in any of these houses. They are all wonderful. She also told me about 300 girls had dropped out already but doesn't have a good source for that number so I suspect it is just gossip.

ZTA1550 08-22-2014 09:00 AM

Thanks for the update, SunflowerState! Best wishes to your daughter!

pearlalum 08-22-2014 09:05 AM

Good luck to your daughter!!!

WalkintheWoods 08-22-2014 02:50 PM

Sunflower State good luck to your daughter today and to all the PNMs! It's just wonderful that she has so many houses she's loving. I hope that continues today!

My daughter is going back to 5 houses today. Cautiously optimistic for her while realizing (and telling her honestly) that there are no guarantees.

Emotions are running high at Mizzou today (and at the homes of the Moms whose daughters are going through this!)

SunflowerState 08-23-2014 10:05 AM

Thank you all for the good wishes but she's my niece, not my daughter. I claim her regardless. So, just got an update: She went back to seven on second invite. Not sure if they were her top seven but she had a full schedule. I just got an email. She got her top three back for Preference Day! She is thrilled although sweaty. The big problem: she loves them all. I think she will have a hard decision to make at the end of the day. Does anyone know what time the bids are handed out tomorrow?

KDCat 08-23-2014 11:29 AM

Congrats to your niece!

Missouri Ivy 08-23-2014 12:52 PM

I think bids are given out at noon, but I'm not positive.