GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Miss America 2017 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=219217)

Sister Havana 09-10-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap (Post 2441336)
IU grad and ESPN analyst Sage Steele is a judge!

We both lived in McNutt freshman and sophomore year. She was on a different floor, so I didn't know her well, but I saw her around in the center building all the time.

unarose 09-10-2017 10:43 PM

Sage Steele is actually one of the hosts, not a judge. :)

The judges are Jess Cagle, Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri, Tara Lipinski, Maria Menounos, Jordin Sparks, Thomas Rhett, and Molly Sims

unarose 09-10-2017 10:56 PM

Top 5:
Miss District of Columbia - Briana Kinsey - 3rd Runner Up
Miss Missouri - Jennifer Davis - 1st Runner Up
Miss New Jersey - Kaitlyn Schoeffel - 2nd Runner Up
Miss North Dakota - Cara Mund - Kappa Delta - MISS AMERICA 2018
Miss Texas - Margana Wood - Zeta Tau Alpha - 4th Runner Up

ChioLu 09-10-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unarose (Post 2441355)
Sage Steele is actually one of the hosts, not a judge. :)

The judges are Jess Cagle, Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri, Tara Lipinski, Maria Menounos, Jordin Sparks, Thomas Rhett, and Molly Sims

Molly Sims = DDD

TheGreenHeart 09-10-2017 11:14 PM

Cara used to be a housemate of mine! This is amazing! She is SO nice! I am SO happy for her! :D :D :D

clemsongirl 09-10-2017 11:44 PM

When I worked at Brown I made a good friend who was a member of the KD chapter there and she's freaking out right now. Congratulations to her!!

Just interested 09-10-2017 11:51 PM

Cara Mund is not just a member of Kappa Delta. As an undergraduate she was a leader in the chapter as well as on campus at Brown University. She received the Corre Stegall Award for Leadership which is the highest national award afforded a collegian by Kappa Delta. I am so proud. What a great example of what it means to be a member of the Greek community. I apologize for fluffing my green and white feathers just a bit.

Cheerio 09-11-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just interested (Post 2441360)
Cara Mund is not just a member of Kappa Delta. As an undergraduate she was a leader in the chapter as well as on campus at Brown University. She received the Corre Stegall Award for Leadership which is the highest national award afforded a collegian by Kappa Delta. I am so proud. What a great example of what it means to be a member of the Greek community. I apologize for fluffing my green and white feathers just a bit.

JI you have every right to fluff your proud KD colors! :D Cara will serve the Miss America Organization well during her year of service.

Such an enjoyable pageant this year. Two questions allowed the audience to observe the type of Q&A that officially happens 'behind the scenes' at the Judges Pageant Interviews. These young women are put into many types of situations with various groups and orgs throughout their reigns, and it behooves the pageant to showcase situations and questions these ladies face on a daily basis and the grace, character and thought process that shines in their responses.

Sciencewoman 09-11-2017 08:03 PM

Miss North Dakota is a great choice -- an Ivy League alumna who is vested in her sorority and seems very genuine.

Also, that cool chair trick during her dance sealed the deal -- by the looks on the judges' faces, they were impressed. That could have really gone wrong. No guts, no glory!

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img...erica-2018.jpg

NutBrnHair 09-14-2017 11:59 AM

Attending the 3 preliminary rounds, the parade and the final night was so much fun! I had a badge which allowed me backstage each night of the prelims -- the only time the family and state pageant directors get to see the contestants. It's only for 30 minutes each night.

All I can say is this pageant stuff is serious business... it's a lifestyle for many!

I was there to support my friend, Miss South Dakota, but got to interact with the 3 other Chi Omegas who were in the pageant also -- Miss Arkansas, Miss Louisiana and Miss Mississippi.

The contestants stay in several different hotels in Atlantic City, so the "group" they are with are the ones the get to know the best. Miss South Dakota and Miss Louisiana were roommates!

All in all -- a very fun week.

Congrats to Cara Mund, Miss North Dakota who won. She is most impressive.

honeychile 03-23-2018 04:27 PM

In Illinois, former Miss America, Erika Harold, won the GOP primary election for Attorney General. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta.

honeychile 03-28-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 2455071)
In Illinois, former Miss America, Erika Harold, won the GOP primary election for Attorney General. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta.

Okay, boys and girls, I got this confused.

Miss America for 2003 is Ericka Dunlap, Delta Sigma Theta at UCF.
Miss America for 2004 is Erika Harald, Phi Beta Kappa at U of Illinois and candidate for Attorney General.

The two listings were directly under each other, and I momentarily got confused. Sorry, y'all!