GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   My Favorite Kappa Song (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=77739)

KKGinCA 04-27-2006 10:29 PM

My Favorite Kappa Song

My Favorite KKG song goes something like this...

Oh Pat Says She
What? Says He
Tell me the truth, says she
What do you think is the best fraternity?
Oh says he
That's easy
Nothing is better.....than KKG

Oh Kappa, kappa....

I'm sure you guys know the rest. :)

KKGinCA 04-28-2006 12:14 AM

Also, my chapter's burst (we used to do it on the first day of rush when each new group would come through) goes like this...

Well I'm a Kappa Kappa Gamma
Bet your life I am A
Girl Whose Proud to Wear the Golden Key
So Tell the other houses what you
Want to be
Be the BEST!
Go KKG!

Well I'm a K!
Kappa Kappa Gamma
K!
Bet your life I am a
G!
Girl whose proud to wear the golden key

So Tell the other houses what you want to be
Be the BEST
GO KKG!

ugh I love it.

ISUKappa 04-28-2006 10:50 AM

I've been singing my newborn son Kappa songs because those are the ones I remember most after singing them so much for recruitment and other events.

Current favorites:
Dream Awhile
Our Best To You
If You Ask Us

We've also enjoyed:
Rah Rah for Kappa Kappa Gamma
Oh the Owl

LuvUTrulyKKG 04-29-2006 01:33 PM

I am sure you couldn't tell from my username, but one of my favorites is "I Love You Truly, KKG"!

alum 04-29-2006 04:24 PM

Two Shades of Blue is my absolute favorite of the sweet songs.

paulaKKG 05-10-2006 03:16 PM

Delta Xi kappa?

Alum - were you a Delta Xi Kappa? Blue and blue has always been my favorite song too, but I don't know of any other chapters but ours that sing it.

alum 05-11-2006 01:45 AM

Re: Delta Xi kappa?

Quote:

Originally posted by paulaKKG
Alum - were you a Delta Xi Kappa? Blue and blue has always been my favorite song too, but I don't know of any other chapters but ours that sing it.
I am a Delta Xi Kappa, class of cough, cough.

I won't tell anyone about all the "fun" Delta Xi songs that are my guilty favorites.:)

We should compare pledge manuals to see what songs dropped off or came into being between our enrollments. You and I are in the same alum ass'n. Your name is on the newsletter that I received the other day.

ilovethekey 12-30-2006 09:58 PM

is there any way someone can send me the rest of the "oh pat" song?

MSKKG 12-31-2006 12:02 AM

I'll PM you the words to "Pat."

JeffersonStKKG 01-21-2007 12:23 PM

Kappa song(s)

I'm a "ritual-junkie", so my favorite ones are the initiation songs. Otherwise, Dream AWhile and Love, Friendship, Loyalty rank up there. Although, as many sisters have posted, Shawn Colvin's song is not necessarily a Kappa song; however, we sang it during pref. day at my chapter--EZ--and I have such special memories of being on both sides of the spectrum: a PNM and sister. My Big/Key sis sent me the John Mayer song, so please contact me if you wish to have it sent to you.

PKTKKG 01-21-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffersonStKKG (Post 1386931)
I'm a "ritual-junkie", so my favorite ones are the initiation songs. Otherwise, Dream AWhile and Love, Friendship, Loyalty rank up there. Although, as many sisters have posted, Shawn Colvin's song is not necessarily a Kappa song; however, we sang it during pref. day at my chapter--EZ--and I have such special memories of being on both sides of the spectrum: a PNM and sister. My Big/Key sis sent me the John Mayer song, so please contact me if you wish to have it sent to you.

Please send it to me. I love that song! Can you send it via a PM?

JeffersonStKKG 01-21-2007 02:44 PM

I'm somewhat computer illiterate, so may I have your email address instead? If not, can you instruct me on how to send it PM?

PKTKKG 01-21-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffersonStKKG (Post 1387005)
I'm somewhat computer illiterate, so may I have your email address instead? If not, can you instruct me on how to send it PM?

I tried to PM you so that I can send you my email address. Or, if you highlight my user name and view my profile you could send me a PM with your email and I could email you directly. I don't usually put my email address out there on a board.

For some reason, your profile is not allowing PMs to be received.

NikkiB 01-26-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffersonStKKG (Post 1387005)

I'd love the song as well, and I'm an EZ Kappa. nikkibaxley@gmail.com <3

KappaGirl314 09-25-2007 04:55 PM

I'd love the song also!

Melissa.S.Munoz@gmail.com