GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

thetalady 10-19-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXEling (Post 2246418)
A young woman tried introducing herself during pre-recruitment events as Lucifer and included "stealing souls" in her list of hobbies.

Hey, maybe some GLO is looking for a little Wiccan diversity in their sisterhood :D :D :D :D

amIblue? 10-19-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

A young woman tried introducing herself during pre-recruitment events as Lucifer and included "stealing souls" in her list of hobbies.

I'd be willing to bet she was totally forced into registering for rush by her mom.

IndianaSigKap 10-19-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

She's a shoo-in for chairing the new Haunted House philanthropy event! :cool:

With my sense of humor, I probably would have told her as much right after the introduced herself.

carnation 10-19-2013 09:05 PM

We had one rush at the last college where I taught. She wore purple robes and liked to widen her eyes when she was talking so that you frequently saw the whites around her irises. Eeee.:eek: That was the last year that they had all locals and the administration forced the locals to take everyone. The group that "won" her was way upset.

MSUpink&blue 10-19-2013 10:35 PM

This happened nearly a decade ago but at MSU there is one chapter that is known for praying with or over girls at pref parties about the decision they have to make. I truly liked this sorority and had lots of friends in it during college, but prayer was just WAY too much for me with a girl I barley knew! Anyway, at the pref party I attended there one girl offered to pray with another PNM and the PNM replied that she was Catholic and would prefer to pray the rosary instead. The active had no idea what to do, but I though it was HILARIOUS. The PNM told me later that she was turned off by the religion talk and went to another sorority. Good point though: especially nowadays when more diverse girls are going through rush you can't assume they are religious!

HQWest 10-19-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSUpink&blue (Post 2246440)
This happened nearly a decade ago but at MSU there is one chapter that is known for praying with or over girls at pref parties about the decision they have to make. I truly liked this sorority and had lots of friends in it during college, but prayer was just WAY too much for me with a girl I barley knew! Anyway, at the pref party I attended there one girl offered to pray with another PNM and the PNM replied that she was Catholic and would prefer to pray the rosary instead. The active had no idea what to do, but I though it was HILARIOUS. The PNM told me later that she was turned off by the religion talk and went to another sorority. Good point though: especially nowadays when more diverse girls are going through rush you can't assume they are religious!

They still do that. They do that at one chapter here too.

33girl 10-20-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2246434)
Hey, maybe some GLO is looking for a little Wiccan diversity in their sisterhood :D :D :D :D

Wiccan =/= Lucifer or anything Satanic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HQWest (Post 2246441)
They still do that. They do that at one chapter here too.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Then again, I guess if that's how they roll, I'd rather know before I signed my bid card.

DGTess 10-20-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSUpink&blue (Post 2246440)

Or if they are religious, that they are Christian.

Guess I lucked out. A significant portion of my entire school was Jewish, there were many Hindu students, and we had one Wiccan in my pledge class. We were nothing if not diverse.

Sciencewoman 10-20-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2246466)
Then again, I guess if that's how they roll, I'd rather know before I signed my bid card.

Amen to that! ;)

MSUpink&blue 10-20-2013 01:07 PM

Definitely!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Then again, I guess if that's how they roll, I'd rather know before I signed my bid card.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! It wasn't something I was comfortable with and I am religious and Christian! It's a tricky tactic to use, I know many girls either went to that house in a heartbeat or went to a different one just because of the use of prayer.

clemsongirl 01-28-2014 01:04 AM

Okay, we've had 3 months go by and there's been no new weird recruitment stories??

WestcoastWonder 01-28-2014 01:26 AM

I don't have a weird rush story, but i do have a picture of a weird rush outfit my sister sent me while she was going through recruitment!

A girl was wearing a kinda weird, inappropriate for the occasion outfit during Philanthropy day when it was supposed to be a slightly more dressy day. I wanna post the picture, but I have to find a way to crop/edit it so no faces are shown.

clemsongirl 01-28-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestcoastWonder (Post 2258434)
I don't have a weird rush story, but i do have a picture of a weird rush outfit my sister sent me while she was going through recruitment!

A girl was wearing a kinda weird, inappropriate for the occasion outfit during Philanthropy day when it was supposed to be a slightly more dressy day. I wanna post the picture, but I have to find a way to crop/edit it so no faces are shown.

As unfortunate as outfit mistakes can be I don't want to out this PNM to anyone who went through rush with her.

AZTheta 01-28-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemsongirl (Post 2258492)
As unfortunate as outfit mistakes can be I don't want to out this PNM to anyone who went through rush with her.

Classy and kind, clemsongirl. Panhellenic spirit at its best.

WestcoastWonder 01-28-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemsongirl (Post 2258492)

You're right. Not a good idea and there are lots of people in the picture which would make it hard to even see anyway.