GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

maconmagnolia 09-22-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2241727)
I think everyone would have remembered her from the year before. Did skateboard girl get a bid?

I'm not sure! I never talked to her so I didn't even know her name, I just saw her walking around.

Sciencewoman 09-22-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maconmagnolia (Post 2241870)
I'm not sure! I never talked to her so I didn't even know her name, I just saw her walking around.

Not skateboarding? :D

maconmagnolia 09-22-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciencewoman (Post 2241885)
Not skateboarding? :D

Fortunately she did not actually skateboard in the house! :p
Some of the PNMs that are now our new members did report seeing her skateboarding between houses, though. Apparently she even did some tricks!

Sciencewoman 09-22-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maconmagnolia (Post 2241940)
Fortunately she did not actually skateboard in the house! :p
Some of the PNMs that are now our new members did report seeing her skateboarding between houses, though. Apparently she even did some tricks!

I think this needs to be added to the list of impressive character traits PNMs should work to include in their resumes...no rec writer should pass up mentioning these kinds of talents!

MaryPoppins 10-06-2013 10:06 PM

An Ole Miss Gamma Chi (Rush Counselors) reported that when she lined up her recruitment group at one house she had an "extra" PNM. When she confronted person, she said, "Excuse me but you're a mom, and you have to leave." Extra PNM said, "Oh no. I'm a PNM!" Then the Gamma Chi said, "If you're a PNM, then where is your Panhellenic Name Tag?" The sheepish mom left the line and beat a hasty retreat :D

thetalady 10-06-2013 10:20 PM

OMG that is hilarious!!! I think this beats the mom falling out of the tree! :D

OldOleMiss 10-07-2013 09:17 AM

OH. SHUT. UP!!!!!!! OMG-- I have to agree with thetalady- this is waaaay better than the mom falling out of the tree!!!!! and I am actually more mortified for the poor daughter than I am the mother....

MaryPoppins 10-07-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldOleMiss (Post 2244815)
OH. SHUT. UP!!!!!!! OMG-- I have to agree with thetalady- this is waaaay better than the mom falling out of the tree!!!!! and I am actually more mortified for the poor daughter than I am the mother....

Most definitely. Poor little lamb. That mom must be living through her daughter.

KDCat 10-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetalady (Post 2244761)
OMG that is hilarious!!! I think this beats the mom falling out of the tree! :D

Definitely. Tree Mom was just dying to know the result. Fake PNM Mom is actually going to parties with her daughter. She is raising helicopter mom to a whole new level.

maconmagnolia 10-07-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryPoppins (Post 2244757)
An Ole Miss Gamma Chi (Rush Counselors) reported that when she lined up her recruitment group at one house she had an "extra" PNM. When she confronted person, she said, "Excuse me but you're a mom, and you have to leave." Extra PNM said, "Oh no. I'm a PNM!" Then the Gamma Chi said, "If you're a PNM, then where is your Panhellenic Name Tag?" The sheepish mom left the line and beat a hasty retreat :D

Woah. Talk about being a helicopter parent!

AZTheta 10-07-2013 10:47 AM

I'm just hoping that HeliMom wasn't in the same group as her daughter. That she at least had the "sense" to crash a different group. I wish it was a made-up story.

ASTalumna06 10-07-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTheta (Post 2244832)
I'm just hoping that HeliMom wasn't in the same group as her daughter. That she at least had the "sense" to crash a different group. I wish it was a made-up story.

You have to wonder, though... if the mother tried to crash the daughter's group, did the daughter want her there? I've heard of crazier situations lately where "kids" are OK with their parents' helicopter-like actions.

amIblue? 10-07-2013 10:54 AM

People are crazy, y'all. I wonder what the mom thought she could accomplish.

maconmagnolia 10-07-2013 11:01 AM

I wonder if some of these helicopter moms never went through recruitment and/or were not Greek themselves and are living vicariously through their daughters?

I loved having my mom's support during rush - but I was perfectly fine with having it over the phone from three hours away.

thetalady 10-07-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTheta (Post 2244832)
I'm just hoping that HeliMom wasn't in the same group as her daughter. That she at least had the "sense" to crash a different group. I wish it was a made-up story.

I would bet money that the Wannabe PNM Mom DID try to crash her daughter's group! Gotta love the idea of a mom who thought she could pass as an 18 yr old college girl :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.