GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

honeychile 10-20-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smiley21 (Post 1343104)
If so, she should have known to word it better than "AA meeting". lol

I always run into trouble when I abbreviate Alumnae Association meetings!

polarpi 10-20-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeychile (Post 1343124)
I always run into trouble when I abbreviate Alumnae Association meetings!

You and me both ;)

/hijack

BadSquirrelBeta 10-20-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngieWashU (Post 1343069)
During formal recruitment this fall, one of the members of the chapter I advise had the following conversation:
DG: What activities were you involved in during high school?
PNM: Oh, I liked doing community service, especially environmental stuff... do you know if there's an AA meeting near here?
DG: Um... no, I don't.

Let's just say that PNM is not a new member of DG.

OH.MY.GOD...that one is a cake taker for sure. My kids are looking at me and asking why I burst out laughing.

KSUViolet06 10-21-2006 12:05 AM

One of the freshmen I work with went to a COB event at a sorority a few weeks ago. She told me this kind of random story at work last week:

She is very involved on campus. She's someone that I think anyone would like to have in their chapter. She is also dating a university football player (it's part of the story).

She wanted to join a sorority, and she had a friend in this chapter, who invited her to COB.

She showed up at the event and not even two minutes in the door, the first thing a sister says to her is "Welcome to ABC, oh hey, you're that girl who is dating Mike ________, OMG I saw your pics on Facebook, they're like SOOO cute!" She was just like "um ok hi".

She was kind of weirded out by that, but she just figured "whatever that's just one person out of like 60, I'm sure not everyone here is going to ask me that. "

So the COB was a dinner at a local restaurant. The ABC she sat next to at the restaurant seemed really nice, until she said "OMG so if you like, get a bid from us, will you bring your hot bf to date party?" She just kind of smiled and said "sure."

So, to make along story short, no one in the chapter asked anything remotely revelant to getting to know her. They just kept discussing Mike ______ and football.

She stayed for another hour, hoping that the girls would start to ask her some more substantial questions. She was getting a little exasperated with the constant mentioning of her boyfriend.

The last straw was when she was eating. A girl comes in late to the event and sees her. She says, "OMG it's Mike ______'s girlfriend! It'd be sooo cool to have you in the chapter, we could all sit together in the good football seats!"

After that, she was really annoyed. So she politely told the girls that she had alot of homework to do and it was late, so she had to go.

Well, the next morning, she got a call from this sorority asking her back to a second COB event. She declined of course.

TSteven 10-23-2006 01:22 PM

I knew of this girl, we'll call her Sarah, :D and she was at a rush party at one of the "top houses" on campus. She and her twin were major legacies to this chapter. In any case, right before she was leaving from the open party, the president of the chapter came up to say 'hello' - she had a glass of punch in her hand - and when Sarah shook hands with the president, the glass of punch in the president's hand shattered and punch got all over the president. Sarah was quite upset and left, yet my understanding is that the chapter still wanted Sarah to join. Frankly, I think they would have killed to have her initiate. However, Sarah ended up pledging another sorority on campus. ;)

nauadpi 10-23-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSteven (Post 1344088)
I knew of this girl, we'll call her Sarah, :D and she was at a rush party at one of the "top houses" on campus. She and her twin were major legacies to this chapter. In any case, right before she was leaving from the open party, the president of the chapter came up to say 'hello' - she had a glass of punch in her hand - and when Sarah shook hands with the president, the glass of punch in the president's hand shattered and punch got all over the president. Sarah was quite upset and left, yet my understanding is that the chapter still wanted Sarah to join. Frankly, I think they would have killed to have her initiate. However, Sarah ended up pledging another sorority on campus. ;)

Who else was watching the remake of "The Initiation of Sarah" last night.

TSteven 10-23-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nauadpi (Post 1344093)

The what of who? Never heard of it.

twinkle555 10-23-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nauadpi (Post 1344093)

i caught the last 45 mintues..i wish i could have watched the whole thing! it was weird..but interesting too.

nauadpi 10-23-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkle555 (Post 1344172)
i caught the last 45 mintues..i wish i could have watched the whole thing! it was weird..but interesting too.

It is on again Tuesday night I believe... I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it then, so I check out the tvguide and saw it was playing again later in the week. I did end up getting sucked into it last night though.

AlexMack 10-31-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSteven (Post 1344088)

I love GC sometimes!

kk_bama 11-06-2006 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 112409)
I don't think I told this one...we had a rushee come through the door wearing an orange and purple dress, orange hose, purple shoes, and a huge orange bow in her hair. She socked the rush chairman DeeDee in the arm hard and drawled, "Hi, DayDay, I'm ___ ___ from Altoona, Alabama!"

Forgive me, this quote is from literally the first page of this thread ... I've just started reading GC again after a couple months and never saw this one from the beginning.

I probably so shouldn't say this, but my boyfriend's dad is originally from Altoona. So I hope she is in no way related to my boyfriend. :eek:

carnation 11-06-2006 08:40 PM

I'll pm you.

kk_bama 11-06-2006 08:44 PM

Phew. I think we're all clear. ;)

UGAalum94 11-06-2006 09:01 PM

I found myself wondering if Carnation's guest was a displaced Clemson fan.

Carnation, do you really remember the names of girls you met at rush? I'm completely impressed by that.

carnation 11-06-2006 09:13 PM

Good heavens, no! She's the only one whose name I remembered--and only because she was so weird and also she blared out her name for all to hear.

She sure looked like a Clemson fan...my memory of that woman is as clear as if it happened yesterday.:( Poor "DayDay".