GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Kappa Kappa Gamma (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Convention 2010 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=112014)

Fleur de Lis 03-08-2010 05:31 PM

Convention 2010

Is anyone going to convention in June? I will be there!

MSKKG 03-08-2010 07:43 PM

I will be there. :D I'm Mu South PDA, so I will help run a workshop with another PDA. I hope any GC Kappas who are going can meet.

LucyKKG 03-09-2010 01:10 AM

I wish I could go! I've been nominated to go to my Norwegian club's convention which is the EXACT same time. There was a strong possibility of me going to Kappa's for the San Jose AA but I feel like I should go to the other one this time. Sigh!

KKGkelc08 06-02-2010 11:14 PM

I'll be there as the chapter delegate for Zeta Upsilon! I can't wait!

MSKKG 06-21-2010 11:59 PM

Tonight I was watching the Diamondbacks game, and the announcer said it was 102 degrees in Phoenix--it was 7:00 p.m. Does not bode well! Please hope that Phoenix has a cold snap while we are there!!!

AZTheta 06-22-2010 12:03 AM

*crash* AZ is currently under a (typical for June) high pressure system. We need the high temps to bring moisture up from the gulf for our summer storms. This week it should be as high as 108 to 110.

But it's a DRY heat (this time of year)...

Have a great time at the Biltmore, Kappas!

*back into my own lane*

iateke 06-23-2010 11:48 PM

My wife is there as HBT from Omicron Deuteron. If any of you meet her say "Hi Barb!" As usual she left me here at home while she gets to enjoy the posh life at Biltmore.

LucyKKG 06-28-2010 10:04 PM

I posted this somewhere else, but my chapter got an honorable mention for Ritual. Yayyyyy!!! I was the first Marshal of Eta Mu, so I definitely got teary-eyed when I heard that. Oh, and I also loved that the girls thought of me and texted me that night after dinner so I would know right away!

Our new AA president went (she's from my chapter, too) and she had a blast! I can't wait to hear all of her stories and new ideas next time we get together.

gee_ess 06-28-2010 10:38 PM

Congrats to the Gamma Nu Kappas from the U of Arkansas for winning the top award for Recruitment as well as honorable mention for academic excellence and gracious living! Wow!

Congrats to your chapter LucyKKG!

thetygerlily 06-29-2010 02:23 PM

Now that everyone's back and rested up, how was Convention (aside from awards)? Any fun stories to share?

MSKKG 06-29-2010 04:00 PM

Convention was awesome! As always after either a PM or a General Convention, I am so energized for Kappa! I was so proud of my region and province for the awards and honorable mentions received.

Fleur de lis and I got to meet and even had lunch together one time. I attended her educational session (she did a great job!). She and my roomie were two of the presenters, so I was able to cheer them both on.

We raised $5,000 more for the Foundation than was targeted--GO KAPPAS!!!

The heat was not as bad as I had thought. Yes, it is hot (how can 108 degrees not be!), but the no humidity really was a help. Luckily, my roomie liked a cold room, too. :D

I was on the Courtesy Resolutions Committee. We had a blast coming up with our presention and were thrilled at the reception from the audience.

The shopping was so-o-o-o tempting. I bought a couple of things but also won one of the door prizes! The drum line at breakfast one morning was terrific!!! What a way to start the day! The service was impeccable, the hotel was beautiful, the beds were so comfy, the food was delicious, and the meetings were well run. I was very impressed with our Alumnae Achievement Award winners (past and present) and sorry that Nancy O'Dell didn't get to come.

What incredible women we share a bond with!

Fleur de Lis 06-29-2010 06:09 PM

As MSKKG said, Convention was really amazing. If you ever get the chance to go, definitely do it but plan for a day after to rest - it is a whirlwind! I feel like I have a whole new perspective on Kappa and loved meeting former and current Fraternity Council members and other alumnae and actives.

Some exciting news was that the Foundation met their $2.5 million goal for Leadership Academy a whole year early! I did not have MSKKGS's restraint and bought lots of goodies. :) The speaker at the Candlelight Dinner was absolutely hysterical!!!

One of my favorite moments was doing the end of ritual (kappas know what I mean) with 1,000 women in a huge conference room. Also, seeing a room full of your sisters wearing white was beautiful (although you could tell some women bought one white dress in 1984 and wear it every two years lol!)

The strangest thing was the inordinate number of women with foot injuries. They even did a group shot of them to post! I only wish I'd had more time to enjoy the beautiful Arizona Biltmore.

LucyKKG 06-29-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleur de Lis (Post 1948931)
One of my favorite moments was doing the end of ritual (kappas know what I mean) with 1,000 women in a huge conference room. Also, seeing a room full of your sisters wearing white was beautiful (although you could tell some women bought one white dress in 1984 and wear it every two years lol!)

Aww I definitely just teared up remembering that from the 2008 convention. So special and exciting!

Our AA president was worried she wouldn't remember the songs and rituals because she was a senior by the time we were installed as a Kappa chapter. I assured her she'd be fine. I'm eager to hear how it went, but I know she had a ton of fun.

littleowl33 07-18-2010 02:45 PM

I haven't been on GC for a while, so I kind of missed the boat on this thread... but I'm so ridiculously jealous I couldn't go to Convention! I got a text from one of our chapter delegates during the award ceremony saying that Eta Epsilon had won the Recruitment award for our chapter size bracket and had gotten five honorable mentions - Academic Excellence, Greatest Improved Chapter, Standards, Panhellenic and Finance. There were three women from my chapter there and they were so incredibly proud and excited, as were the women who support us (LCs, CCD, RDC, PDC, alumnae, advisors). The chapter hasn't won very much in the past so hopefully this is the start of bigger and better things to come! :D

LucyKKG 07-20-2010 12:18 AM

^^ That's so exciting!!! Congrats!