GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Did you pledge someone famous? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=1144)

Optimist Prime 03-04-2002 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nucutiepie
According to the latest Greek101 catalog, Cindy Crawford is a Pi Beta Phi. I had never heard that, but she went to my school... so if this is correct, Cindy Crawford and I are members of the same chapter!
Cindy Crawford is a Theta Chi little sister!! We list her as famous almumni (almumae??) Thats cool she's in a sorority too!

CJUS 03-04-2002 03:02 PM

I like Britney. I think she is bad. She has a lot of things going for her, and she participates in community involvement. You guys have to realize for one is Britney or whomever is the best person who will represent your sorority to the fullest. I know a lot of people tends to look at her lifestyle, i.e. the way she dresses. A lot of people dress like that, and some dress more horribly, but that is just a stage act. I believe that she is a wonderful person, but hey that's my opinion. Before I go just give these people a chance, find out who they really are, do not judge them based on $/fame. In my opinion, those who reject B. Spears, is losing out because I think she can give a lot.

GPhiBLtColonel 06-10-2003 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pbpck
OH SISTER!

We have plenty more...
1. Faye Dunaway
2. Meg Ryan
3. Susan Lucci
4. Mrs. Coolidge (first lady)
5. Anne Cook (The original Gerber baby)
6. Jayne Seymour (Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman)
7. Ross Gellar's 1st wife, Carol, on "Friends"
8. The creator of the Powerbar
9.Mrs. Wrigley (Yup...the gum man's wife..that's why there's an arrow logo on every package)

Multiple Olympic medalists, senators, Miss Americas, and the list goes on....

PPL,
pbpck

http://us.imdb.com/Bio?Ryan,%20Meg according to this website, Meg Ryan is an ADPI....????
and Jane (no "Y") Seymour did not attend college in the US (if at all) so not sure how she became a PiPhi....
Also not sure about Susan Lucci -- she attended Marymount College in NY -- is there a PiPhi chapter there?

GPhiBLtColonel 06-10-2003 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KappaStargirl
I was a member of what is probably one of KKG's smallest chapters, at a tiny private school in very cold Wisconsin, so I think the chances of someone famous going through that chapter are slim at best. Indeed, I think the university itself has about two graduates that anyone else has heard of. However, Kappa as an organization boasts

-Ashley Judd

-Deborah Norville (but for some reason I always get her mixed up with Joan Lunden, who is a DG)

-Kate Spade

-Candice Bergen

-Barbara Feldon (played one of TV's first feminist characters, Agent 99 on "Get Smart")

some authors (including a co-author of that very cool book "Girlfriends," I can't remember her name), some beauty-pageant winners, and me (haha).

My fiance, who is a Sig Ep, never lets me forget about Dr. Seuss and Carroll O'Conner.

Candice Bergen deactivated from Kappa -- I found that out several years ago when I was calling to verify if Marilyn Quayle was a Kappa (I was creating a Panhel trivia game at the time) -

GPhiBLtColonel 06-10-2003 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Optimist Prime
Cindy Crawford is a Theta Chi little sister!! We list her as famous almumni (almumae??) Thats cool she's in a sorority too!
http://us.imdb.com/Bio?Crawford,%20Cindy

According to this website, Cindy Crawford was only at Northwestern for one semester... I had heard she was a PiPhi but cannot verify at all....I doubt she was...

I heard thru bigraphers on IMDB website that Delta Burke had pledged Zeta but was never initiated...

No one ever answered the earlier question about Chelsea Clinton -- was she in a sorority? That is hard to fathom if she was!!!

A few years after I graduated from Southern Cal, my chapter of Gamma Phi Beta there pledged and initiated the daughter of James Garner (Rockford Files); her name is Greta.

MSKKG 06-10-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
Candice Bergen deactivated from Kappa -- I found that out several years ago when I was calling to verify if Marilyn Quayle was a Kappa (I was creating a Panhel trivia game at the time) -
What do you mean by "deactivated"? She went to the Univ. of Penn. but didn't stay all four years. She is listed in our directory from 1987. I'm just confused why someone 20 or 30 years out of college would give up her membership.

I don't think Marilyn Quayle is a Kappa--did you find out otherwise?

Kate Jackson is indeed a Kappa from my chapter. The closest I came to meeting her was her composite picture!

GPhiBLtColonel 06-10-2003 11:01 AM

From what I was told...

...when I called Kappa HQtrs (this was in about the 1996-7 timeframe when I called -- at about the height of Murphy Brown fame), Candace Bergen had reportedly turned her badge back in -- resigned her membership... not sure why, but I think (not sure) it may have been because she was tired of what she viewed as too many requests to do thus and such for the sorority...you can check with your Hqtrs and see though....oh and no, I found out that Marilyn Quayle was not a Kappa, nor was she a Gamma Phi, or a PiPhi or Theta or anything else...

Also, for those who reference a collegiate chapter website for famous alums, I always look at their listings with a grain of salt -- they are not always the most accurate source -- e.g there are many collegiate Gamma Phi websites that list Kirstie Alley and Elizabeth Montgomery as famous alums when in fact they are NOT....

MSKKG 06-10-2003 11:55 AM

Thanks for the info. If other GLOs can claim famous members who never were initiated or were rumored to be a member, then I will still claim her! ;)

Peaches-n-Cream 06-10-2003 02:19 PM

Does anyone know what sorority Sharon Lawrence is in? She is the actress who used to play the DA Costas who was married to Dennis Franz's character on NYPD Blue. I was flipping channels and I heard her say, "When my sorority sisters and I would get together...."

MoxieGrrl 06-10-2003 02:31 PM

This might be in the thread somewhere....

Donald Trump's daughter, Ivanka, goes to UPenn. Is she Greek?

madmax 06-10-2003 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MoxieGrrl

Don't know about Ivanka. The new Governor of Pennsylvania is Ed Rendell. He went to UPenn and he is a member of Pi Lambda Phi.

Unregistered- 06-10-2003 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AOII_Luv
I heard from several people here that the girl who plays Jody in Center Stage was a Tri-Delt at IU.
Amanda Schull attended IU from 96-98, but she did not pledge or initiate into a sorority. :)

SLUadpi 06-10-2003 03:48 PM

The closest my chapter can get is Brad Pitt's first cousin who is an active right now...and that's about it. :)

MoxieGrrl 06-10-2003 04:20 PM

Brad Pitt's 1st cousin??!!! :eek: :D

If I was Brad Pitt's 1st cousin, I would go into rush at LSU with no recs and let them fight over my lucky little self ;)

Peaches-n-Cream 06-10-2003 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MoxieGrrl

The President of U. of Penn is a D Phi E.