GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alumnae Initiation (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Interested in an AI (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=117363)

janeaustenfan 12-14-2010 12:11 AM

Interested in an AI

I am currently interested in an AI by me since I went to a college without Greek Life. I have always been interested in Greek Life, but the college I attended that I had my true fit, didn't have it. Anyway, I have always been interested in sisterhood and community service. I found a sorority that shares the same ideals as myself with a philanthropy I already support..but I was wondering...how many women actually join an AI without being apart of its colleigate chapter?

KSUViolet06 12-14-2010 12:19 AM

Are you asking how many women get the chance to join via AI?

SouthernTKE 12-14-2010 12:44 AM

What sorority do you want to join? AI varies greatly between NPC, NPHC, and other umbrella organizations, and can vary to an even greater degree between the individual organizations within them.

ASTalumna06 12-14-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janeaustenfan (Post 2011611)
I am currently interested in an AI by me since I went to a college without Greek Life. I have always been interested in Greek Life, but the college I attended that I had my true fit, didn't have it. Anyway, I have always been interested in sisterhood and community service. I found a sorority that shares the same ideals as myself with a philanthropy I already support..but I was wondering...how many women actually join an AI without being apart of its colleigate chapter?

It seems to me that you're confused as to what AI is.. You say you're "interested in an AI" and you ask how many women join an AI. AI is not an alumnae chapter of some kind, which seems to be what you think it is..

But maybe I'm wrong?..

BetteDavisEyes 12-14-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

It varies from sorority to sorority.

DubaiSis 12-14-2010 02:01 AM

no women join anything without being apart of it.

Barbie's_Rush 12-14-2010 02:27 AM

Quote:

Was this supposed to be written in English?

U Go Glen Coco! 12-14-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush (Post 2011649)
Was this supposed to be written in English?

Jane Austen would be so disappointed.

kddani 12-14-2010 05:57 AM

Really, when you think about it, when's the last time we had an AI thread? Guess it was about time.

AlphaFrog 12-14-2010 08:37 AM

At least she specifies that she's "currently interested"...that way, we know that we don't actually need to answer any of her questions. Since, by the time she would make any headway, she'll be interested in something else instead.

adpialum1 03-03-2011 10:04 PM

Alumnae initiation

I really need some help in this field!! This process is not easy! I regret not getting initiated 25 years ago, which was my fault, did not make my grades. Now that I am older and have the potential opportunity to become initiated into the sorority that I had originally pledged in college, they are turning their back on me. Not very "sisterly" in my opinion. I lost touch with everyone for 25 years and have missed them terribly. Should I continue to become a member or seek another?

DrPhil 03-03-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adpialum1 (Post 2035491)
I really need some help in this field!! This process is not easy! I regret not getting initiated 25 years ago, which was my fault, did not make my grades. Now that I am older and have the potential opportunity to become initiated into the sorority that I had originally pledged in college, they are turning their back on me. Not very "sisterly" in my opinion. I lost touch with everyone for 25 years and have missed them terribly. Should I continue to become a member or seek another?

QFP.

lovespink88 03-03-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Yet in another thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by adpialum1 (Post 1992866)
I have a question about alums at initiation. Can or can we not participate? I was planning to assist in the next coming weeks with a chapter near my home and have been told that only chapter advisors can help. Is this true? We had lots of alums at mine 25 years ago.

:confused:

ASTalumna06 03-03-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Should I even comment on the username?

Naw, I'll let it go...

Barbie's_Rush 03-03-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Maybe they're turning their backs on you because 25 years later you're running around perping their letters with things like your user name?

I wonder if she's the famous MS State ADPi perp? http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...highlight=perp