GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   The Amazing Race - Season 22 (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=132597)

Tulip86 02-19-2013 10:06 AM

The Amazing Race - Season 22

The new season premiered the 17th.

The Teams:

You Tube - Joey & Meghan (Los Angeles, CA)
Firefighters - Matthew & Daniel (Gaffney, SC)
Newlyweds - Katie & Max (Buffalo, NY)
OBGYN/Twins - Jamil & Idries (Chicago, IL)
Country Singers - Caroline & Jennifer (Austin, TX & Nashville, TN)
Hockey/Brothers - Anthony & Bates (Raleigh, NC)
Alabama/Hillbillies - Chuck & Wynona (Daphne, AL)
Survivors/Father/Son - David & Connor (Salt Lake City, UT)
Rollerderby - Mona & Beth (Arvada, CO)
Best Friends - Pamela & Winnie (Los Angeles, CA)
Dating - John & Jessica (Huntington Beach, CA)

I loved the first destination but the challenges were just not very exiting in my opinion.

My favorites so far:
the twins, country singers and hockey players

Least favorite:
Newlyweds. They even admit to being fake.

MysticCat 02-19-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip86 (Post 2204466)
Least favorite:
Newlyweds. They even admit to being fake.

The word "dispicable" comes to mind.

Kappamd 02-19-2013 05:27 PM

^^^The newlyweds are awful.

I don't normally post about this show which is odd because I never miss it, but it REALLY irritated me that the last THREE teams gave up and took the time penalty.

And I agree, the challenges were lame.

GPhiBLtColonel 02-19-2013 07:47 PM

My husband starting watching this season! He said he liked all the teams except the newlyweds seemed full of themselves....I agree!

:)

SydneyK 03-04-2013 09:13 AM

Connor and David are among my favorites, and I hope they're able to stay in the race.

I had no idea until last night's episode that Jennifer is John Wayne's granddaughter! I had to replay the scene just to make sure I was understanding her correctly. And her teammate is one of Daniel Boone's direct descendents! What interesting stories they must have!

shirley1929 03-04-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyK (Post 2206385)
Connor and David are among my favorites, and I hope they're able to stay in the race.

We like them too, but my husband & I laugh that all the dad (david?) has done is cry since he's been on the show! They've shown interview clips every. single. time. with him crying about the cancer...and then the achillies. They need to show him happy...just once! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyK (Post 2206385)
I had no idea until last night's episode that Jennifer is John Wayne's granddaughter! I had to replay the scene just to make sure I was understanding her correctly. And her teammate is one of Daniel Boone's direct descendents! What interesting stories they must have!

How did you miss this in the early episodes? I know it was in their online bios, but I feel like they both talked about it CONSTANTLY in the first two episodes.

Love the show. Have seen every single episode of every single season. I'm a junkie. :p

ErinHope 03-04-2013 03:34 PM

Go Team YouTube! I watch their videos, and they're adorable. I also like the Father/Son team and the rollerderby moms.

SydneyK 03-06-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirley1929 (Post 2206442)
How did you miss this in the early episodes? I know it was in their online bios, but I feel like they both talked about it CONSTANTLY in the first two episodes.

Love the show. Have seen every single episode of every single season. I'm a junkie. :p

lol - I guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention to them in the earlier episodes. I'm a recent fan - not a TAR junkie by any stretch of the imagination - and it's often just a "playing-in-the-background" kind of thing for me. I probably miss a lot of things.

AGDee 03-06-2013 08:38 PM

I always have a hard time paying attention when there are lots of teams. As they get narrowed down, then I can focus on details about each of them. I can barely keep them straight early on, just like with Survivor and American Idol (which I have stopped watching altogether now).

MysticCat 03-06-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirley1929 (Post 2206442)
We like them too, but my husband & I laugh that all the dad (david?) has done is cry since he's been on the show!

And when he's not actually crying, he still whines. I like Connor, but I'm past ready for Dad to go.

Ready for Team YouTube -- it's like Fred Figglehorn goes on The Amazing Race -- and Team HatefulNewlyweds to go, too.

AGDee 03-11-2013 06:49 AM

How do you go home with an express pass in your pocket? Even Phil seemed pretty amazed they would do that.

MysticCat 03-11-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2207482)
How do you go home with an express pass in your pocket? Even Phil seemed pretty amazed they would do that.

Kind of like getting voted off the island with a hidden immunity idol in your pocket.

Surfer boy sure was serene about the whole thing. Surfer girl, not so much.

And yay for Connor's dad, who didn't cry (much) last night.

shirley1929 03-11-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticCat (Post 2207492)
Kind of like getting voted off the island with a hidden immunity idol in your pocket.

Surfer boy sure was serene about the whole thing. Surfer girl, not so much.

Surfer dude had a crazed look in his eye like he was indestructible or something. What an idiot! And why didn't Phil approach him (after an hour and a half or whatever) and tell him it was over? They've done that in the past. I was surprised they let him continue, but maybe the crazy look in his eye added to the drama.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticCat (Post 2207492)
And yay for Connor's dad, who didn't cry (much) last night.

He totally cried at the end! We were laughing so hard. At some point Dad is going to have to do a road block - they have a rule where they have to split them - so something is going to have to give!

MysticCat 03-11-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirley1929 (Post 2207501)
Surfer dude had a crazed look in his eye like he was indestructible or something. What an idiot!

He really did. Someone else commented that they had been racing for something like 4 days straight, with no break (except while on airplanes or downtime at airports). I wondered if he was exhausted to the point of being a little out of it.

shirley1929 03-11-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticCat (Post 2207505)
He really did. Someone else commented that they had been racing for something like 4 days straight, with no break (except while on airplanes or downtime at airports). I wondered if he was exhausted to the point of being a little out of it.

I'm sure that was it - and it made for good TV, so the producers kept rolling...