GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   ladygreek has died (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=246417)

Sen's Revenge 08-14-2019 12:32 PM

ladygreek has died

Hello GreekChat,

I am sorry to tell you that the best of us, ladygreek, has passed away after a brief illness.

Although, like many of us, she had not been an active member of this board for many years, she made dozens, if not hundreds of friends, mentees, and e-daughters and e-sons on this site. She was also plugged into the Greek community through Delphia forums, DeltaNet, Ning, Facebook, and other message boards and social media.

Although ladygreek was not secretive, she was not necessarily forthcoming about the depth of her involvement in her sorority, Delta Sigma Theta. In fact, she was a past national officer, having served as the Midwestern Region Director in the 1990s. She was an active member of several alumnae chapters over the years, and was a charter member of her collegiate chapter.

Many of her Delta sisters consider her a mother-figure and mentor, and are grateful to her legacy daughter for selflessly sharing her mother with legions of sisters.

Even though her first love was DST, she had a lasting impact on women outside of the sorority, and many men who also looked up to her. Social media has seen condolences from Kappas, Alphas, Ques, and many others.

She was sweet, but she was tough. I remember her keen ability to debate with the best of us on this board.

Many might not know that she was literally and figuratively a patron of the arts. Several of us have benefited from her quiet generosity.

I met her in person but once, in 2006, when her Delta travels brought her to Washington. We enjoyed a meal together and I will never forget it.

But there are many, many more who never met ladygreek in person, and to them I say that's okay! Unlike many in her age group, ladygreek understood very early on the power that the internet had to shape Greek culture. Although she was a stickler for the rules, she also knew that the upcoming generations using the internet must be groomed in a different way. She listened to us, she heard us, and she helped us find new ways to engage with our organizations, through her advice and through her example.

I believe that ladygreek knew how much we all loved her. As a humanist, she was not so much into church, but she was into the idea of energy. And in that spirit I say, to all of you who loved her, let's now love one another, and send that healing energy to her family and close friends as they lay her to rest.

I said this morning that she has now discovered the great mysteries of life. Whatever there is on the other side, if anything, I know it has transformed her into the greatest energy of all.

May we be comforted and sustained for having known and loved her.

Jen 08-14-2019 12:42 PM

What a beautiful tribute. Her posts here taught me so much about NPHC greek life. RIP ladygreek.

navane 08-14-2019 12:54 PM

https://i.ibb.co/G5LmJFQ/violets.jpg

Sen, thank you for sharing this news with us and for writing a beautiful tribute. Though ladygreek had not posted in some time, us long-time GCers will immediately recognize her username. She was a knowledgeable and ardent supporter of Greek Life and NPHC organizations. She will be missed.

Condolences to ladygreek's family and Delta Sigma Theta.

PGD-GRAD 08-14-2019 12:56 PM

^^^ This was an absolutely beautiful tribute. It made me tear up and appreciate even more what a lovely person ladygreek was. We ALL should be so fortunate as to have someone honor us so eloquently when we leave this earthly home. May she Rest In Peace.

Theta1234 08-14-2019 04:37 PM

What a beautiful and eloquent tribute. Condolences to her family and friends.

Sister Havana 08-14-2019 05:24 PM

What a lovely tribute. I always enjoyed reading her posts. My condolences to her family, friends, and Delta Sigma Theta sisters.

Titchou 08-14-2019 05:36 PM

May her memory be eternal.

Kevin 08-14-2019 05:53 PM

Thank you for writing this. My condolences.

honeychile 08-14-2019 06:28 PM

What a lovely eulogy! I feel honored that she graced our chatroom.
Thank you!

NinjaPoodle 08-14-2019 09:43 PM

Thank you, Sen! RIP SisterSoror LadyGreek.

sigmadiva 08-14-2019 10:57 PM

Thank you, Sen, for letting us know.

She was everything you said she was.

SWTXBelle 08-15-2019 06:59 AM

A beautiful tribute. May light perpetual shine upon her.

Tom Earp 09-05-2019 02:17 PM

I am more than devastated to hear of this Lose!

When one finds a TRUE GREEK, it is hard tom lose one and such a great person!:(

RIP Sweet Lady!!!:(

PersistentDST 09-05-2019 04:13 PM

I interacted with her on here and never realized who she was! I just put two and two together! Sorors have been posting so many beautiful things about her over the past couple of weeks! I remember how kind she was to me when I first announced that I crossed on here and I had no idea she was a past Mighty Midwest Regional Director! RIP Soror! #ΩΩ

agzg 09-08-2019 07:32 PM

Beautiful post, Sen. My condolences to you and all those who she touched. I remember her fondly from my early days as an alumna as an example for many of us.