GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   D9 Perps: Do they get 2nd Chances? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=247169)

Interest2020 07-16-2020 02:05 AM

D9 Perps: Do they get 2nd Chances?

Whew, ok. So this might be kind of long. I knew this girl once that was so awful. Like she's literally one of the worst human beings I've ever known. Due to me practicing discretion, I will not go into details. But this girl started College at a well known HBCU back in about 2008ish. It is my understanding that she was blackballed by a D9 sorority for perping. As far as I know, this allegation is true. This chick told a lie that she was a legacy of this sorority when her mother had never been to college. She made up a horrible story about having an older sister who died pledging this sorority because of hazing, so much to the point when she told the story, you could tell she believed it in her mind!!! I found out she does not have an older sister, she's the oldest sister of her siblings. Several of her other family members are perps including her father! I found all this out because of a neighbor of this person, who happens to be in a D9 fraternity. Anyway, I had a run in with this person years ago. At the time, she expressed interest in the D9 sorority I'm interested in. I plan on becoming a member this Fall if I'm accepted. I reached out to a friend of mine in the sorority confiding to her that I believe this person is stalking me from fake pages on social media. Yesterday, I received a follow request from a fake page of a chapter of this sorority. I say it was fake because I follow the original page for one and they follow me. For two, as my friend who is already a member agreed with me, D9 sororities don't typically inbox people, as this one did. When I messaged back and asked why this person was messaging me from a fake page, they blocked me! I have every reason to believe it was her. She's crazy and has done similar things in the past. All of this brings me to this question: If a person has been blackballed by one D9 sorority, what's the likelihood of them joining another? I confided in my friend and told her I don't know if I'd be able to handle belonging to the same organization as this person! I know there are bad people everywhere, don't get me wrong! But this girl here! I can't go into further detail due to discretion, but she is really not a good person!!!! She's inherently EVIL. I may not have a place to say this, but I feel like she is absolutely NOT D9 material AT ALL! Now don't get me wrong, I believe anyone is redeemable from their past. But this girl has a pattern of finding me on social media in a stalkerish manner and causing chaos. I do everything in my power to avoid her and I just pray to GOD she is never a part of any D9 sorority, let alone the one I'm interested in.

ASTalumna06 07-16-2020 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interest2020 (Post 2477174)
Whew, ok. So this might be kind of long. I knew this girl once that was so awful. Like she's literally one of the worst human beings I've ever known. Due to me practicing discretion, I will not go into details. But this girl started College at a well known HBCU back in about 2008ish. It is my understanding that she was blackballed by a D9 sorority for perping. As far as I know, this allegation is true. This chick told a lie that she was a legacy of this sorority when her mother had never been to college. She made up a horrible story about having an older sister who died pledging this sorority because of hazing, so much to the point when she told the story, you could tell she believed it in her mind!!! I found out she does not have an older sister, she's the oldest sister of her siblings. Several of her other family members are perps including her father! I found all this out because of a neighbor of this person, who happens to be in a D9 fraternity. Anyway, I had a run in with this person years ago. At the time, she expressed interest in the D9 sorority I'm interested in. I plan on becoming a member this Fall if I'm accepted. I reached out to a friend of mine in the sorority confiding to her that I believe this person is stalking me from fake pages on social media. Yesterday, I received a follow request from a fake page of a chapter of this sorority. I say it was fake because I follow the original page for one and they follow me. For two, as my friend who is already a member agreed with me, D9 sororities don't typically inbox people, as this one did. When I messaged back and asked why this person was messaging me from a fake page, they blocked me! I have every reason to believe it was her. She's crazy and has done similar things in the past. All of this brings me to this question: If a person has been blackballed by one D9 sorority, what's the likelihood of them joining another? I confided in my friend and told her I don't know if I'd be able to handle belonging to the same organization as this person! I know there are bad people everywhere, don't get me wrong! But this girl here! I can't go into further detail due to discretion, but she is really not a good person!!!! She's inherently EVIL. I may not have a place to say this, but I feel like she is absolutely NOT D9 material AT ALL! Now don't get me wrong, I believe anyone is redeemable from their past. But this girl has a pattern of finding me on social media in a stalkerish manner and causing chaos. I do everything in my power to avoid her and I just pray to GOD she is never a part of any D9 sorority, let alone the one I'm interested in.

QFP.

Interest2020 07-16-2020 02:39 AM

What is QFP?

Kevin 07-16-2020 10:14 AM

I'd stay away and not involve myself. I can't answer any D9 related questions, but it sounds like you may be dealing with someone with BPD. Nothing good can come from interacting with her--even if you are trying to prevent her from joining an organization. Trust that she will show her true colors at some point and be dealt with accordingly.

PersistentDST 07-16-2020 10:58 AM

Greetings!

I’ll be honest with you, I wouldn’t focus on it. You’ve already talked to your friend about it, so if it’s a large enough concern, she can get the information where it needs to go. There are thousands of women in chapters across the world and one person (who is not a member), shouldn’t deter your interest. Your energy should be put towards your journey, because you can’t control things outside of that.

“Evil” or not, it’s not a good look to talk about other interests in a negative way and it won’t help your cause. It’s not looked upon kindly. I’d let this go.

Take care and good luck!

Titchou 07-16-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interest2020 (Post 2477177)
What is QFP?

Quoted For Posterity

andthen 07-16-2020 01:26 PM

OP, I think you gotten some sound advice especially from PersistentDST. I get its frustrating to encounter something like what you expressed and perhaps you needed to just get it off your chest. Unfortunately you're just going to encounter people out there who don't have good intentions. And I get that's a hard thing to deal with, but as someone once told me, everything comes out in the wash. So just let it go you've done what you could do and just focus on your journey. Wishing you well.

Interest2020 07-16-2020 01:52 PM

Thank y'all! @andthen you're right, I am just very frustrated. But I will continue to keep my distance with her.

NinjaPoodle 07-16-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersistentDST (Post 2477184)
Greetings!

I’ll be honest with you, I wouldn’t focus on it. You’ve already talked to your friend about it, so if it’s a large enough concern, she can get the information where it needs to go. There are thousands of women in chapters across the world and one person (who is not a member), shouldn’t deter your interest. Your energy should be put towards your journey, because you can’t control things outside of that.

“Evil” or not, it’s not a good look to talk about other interests in a negative way and it won’t help your cause. It’s not looked upon kindly. I’d let this go.

Take care and good luck!

What she said!

Interest2020 07-16-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersistentDST (Post 2477184)
Greetings!

Take care and good luck!

Thank you very much

Interest2020 07-16-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle (Post 2477205)
What she said!

Thanks